The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subscribed to Geekdom, so I've been following the spoilers,

Gogeta seems to pull out more crazy moves that will never be seen again. I think that's a big reason why he's liked more than Vegeto which was a simple fusion without any extras. Goteta pulls off stuff like the Stardust Breaker (I know not in the main continuity) and now this cosmic kamehameha, which makes him more unique and feels more like an ultimate fusion. I hope they don't gimp Broly after this arc, if he is post-ToP Gogeta blue level as a new super saiyan and still growing in power then they can do interesting things with him as a background character. Maybe have Beerus and Whis take him under their wings as they see him as a potential god of destruction successor. They can use him as a secret weapon against future threats if need be, without it becoming a cliche or get out of jail free card. Sort of like how in some comic book arcs The Silver Surfer will randomly show up at the end and handle the big bad threat.

Everything is out already.

They basically canon everything that was in the movies.

New manga chapter.
They ended the ToP so much better in the manga, Jiren's reputation didn't take a big hit like it did in the anime, and final form Ultra Instinct couldn't overcome Jiren (who punched/blasted Goku out of UI instead of the anime copout where Goku could no longer hold/control it when he was about to finish Jiren off), and U7 won due to strategy and teamwork and not just through fighting. They didn't actually beat Jiren, but they did ring out him (at the cost of Goku and Frieza, though they didn't do any harm to him unlike the anime), and 17 was the only one left, but it was planned by 17 and Frieza ahead of time, so Frieza's sacrifice at the end comes across a lot better.

It annoys me when a DB villain/threat is built up so much only to lose via powerup or a straight battle nearly every time. I find it interesting that in Super we haven't had that so much, especially in the manga. Beerus wasn't defeated in battle or at all, the tournament between 6 and 7 ended not in battle but when Hit realized the whole thing was pointless (as a consequence Hit was never beaten in battle by a U7 character), Merged Zamasu wasn't beaten through battle due to his indestructible nature (done much better in the manga though where every little bit of Merged Zamasu that was "created" in his explosion became individual MZ's instead of the cloud thing in the anime, this was shown that for every MZ they obliterated could create a new army which had a greater sense of dread and urgency than the cloud). The Resurrection F saga was really the only one with a battle-centric ending across both mediums (though the ToP certainly "made up" for a lack of traditional DB wins).

Badass

9c470627-d220-4c7f-8013-dfedd7865980.jpg

@HwoarangStyle @MMouse @TheRuthlessOne @Emporio Alnino @lordsai @Tyrannosaurus rex @Big Brown Clown

A 30-second teaser for the final battle of the movie just dropped. It has a huge spoiler though

That looks pretty sick! Looking forward to the movie.

I read the full spoilers for the movie a while back. Didn't look too bad. I just dislike that they turned Frieza into a gag character with his ridiculous wish. Also not sure why Gogeta can last long enough to fight Broly, but Vegito defused very quickly.

Have a crazy feeling with these non canons becoming canon. And seeing the exposure of this form in video games and recent db verse media, we will be seeing this.

Like this design because
- its primal and resemble ancestary
- looks different from the other forms
- mastered controlling inner ozaru berzerker

I actually think the last 3-4 episodes of Super is close to peak Dragon Ball

It really becomes a good show towards the end

Goku vs Jiren ended up being one of the best fights Dragon Ball has had since like SSJ2 Goku vs SS2J Vegeta

Jiren managed to surpass the Gods of Destruction without throwing away his ideals. He probably views Toppo as a sellout

Also in the manga, we learn Jiren doesn't kill anyone, even his worst enemy so I'm pretty sure he strongly dislikes the role of God of Destruction and the people who take up that role.
{<jordan}
I'd say Jiren is more like Vegeta, at least before Bulma softened him up. Vegeta was focused on strength and getting stronger and stronger.

Not to mention Vegeta's father was killed by an evil-doer as well.
<bball2>

I actually think the last 3-4 episodes of Super is close to peak Dragon Ball

It really becomes a good show towards the end

Goku vs Jiren ended up being one of the best fights Dragon Ball has had since like SSJ2 Goku vs SS2J Vegeta
the finale when 17 freeza and goku are all fighting to get jiren off the stage was epic af. goku and freeza fighting together with 17 backing them up, freeza tackling jiren to get him off and then goku flies at them flashing in and out of super saiyan. shit was wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back