The Official Dragon Ball (Z, GT, S, etc.) Franchise Discussion Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
some of the time was wasted on the recruitment episodes could've been used to establish jiren's backstory. some snippets during the hour goku vs jiren special would've worked too.

toei could've just left us with no background on jiren because that was the most generic shit ever. freeza getting stomped every 30 seconds is hilarious.

giphy.gif

Frieza will get the last laugh me thinks

I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around how someone can like Dragonball Super. Maybe I never gave it enough of a chance, but as a big DBZ and even Dragonball fan, it just feels very hollow.

The fact that is has little to no filler is enough for me.

Just waiting for the manga to give Jiren a real backstory.

It sucks that things can't be more fleshed out given the time constraints. I just hope there is a new series after the movie.

I think they had enough time concerning the amount of eps. they just wasted a lot on things like Kefla and those terrible love warriors. But they definitely needed more time to set it all up and make a good coherent story. So I hope they take this time off not just for the movie but also to properly set up whatever the next project will be, TV-wise .

The manga is much better in how it weaves the story, such as reasons for the power scaling for techniques is fleshed out more for the audience to put things in order. Also the characters have slightly better character development. I think Toyo will use the anime to flesh out the kinks of what could have been better, what went wrong, and how to improve on the quality of the arc to better the franchise. He may be approaching this from a strategic point to make a better story and learn from his mistakes as a storyteller and artist.

I've seen some of the manga, but I'm definitely gonna check it all out soon. I know some of the differences and at the very least they are interesting takes. Like the battle of the gods of destruction, that seemed really cool.

Was really disappointed with jirens backstory, such a cop out.

Fun episode regardless

I just discovered that Android 17 was trending twitter on Saturday.

If anyone here has ever watched Yu Yu Hakusho, Jirens background is very similar to Batman. But after that, everything about this character is basically a copy of Younger Toguro.

Oh man Toguro...

All goku had to do was grab jiren and instant transmit himself and jiren out of bounds.

Was really disappointed with jirens backstory, such a cop out.

Fun episode regardless

Jirens story deserves a movie.

I dont like how he went from a silent humble badass to a cocky angry character.

Shudve remained a man of few words with his humbleness

Jirens story deserves a movie.

I dont like how he went from a silent humble badass to a cocky angry character.

Shudve remained a man of few words with his humbleness

He was never humble. He was quiet because he was arrogant and thought everyone was below him.

Whats up with Jiren being pissed at Toppo for throwing away his morals?

Jiren himself said strength is the only thing that matters

Whats up with Jiren being pissed at Toppo for throwing away his morals?

Jiren himself said strength is the only thing that matters
And that's Jiren's personal morality. He sees strength as justice and wouldn't abandon his views unlike Toppo

I don’t think he was pissed about him throwing away his morals tbh. He was probably just pissed that Toppo lost to a mortal despite being a god of destruction and thought it was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back