The Official Fifa World Cup thread v14: ENGLAND V SWEDEN Match Edition

Who goes through, England or Sweden?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden was as gassed as vintage Mark Coleman. England went up a notch from the Colombia game, though.

Harry Kane leading the golden boot race by 2, after putting in a shift. LAD

p06cshs1.jpg

England vs Croatia will be fun game. Croatia would win but you never know. Wouldn't mind seeing England in final. They did invent the game lol
they made the first set of proper rules, England didn't even exist when a ''ball'' was kicked about a field.....invented?...GTFO!

Sterling I'm a bit inbetween on, certainly his best performance in a major championships for England and did make the big chance for himself with that touch yet ultimately did still lack a cool head at the big moments.
Yeah I agree. What he does do well is stretch defences and create space for others. His lack of sharpness and composure when he gets in goal scoring opportunities is worrying though, especially if we may not get too many changes against better teams we'll need to make the most of any chances we get.

I think his performance in this game means he should start in the semi, if he had another bad game today he should have been dropped.

they made the first set of proper rules, England didn't even exist when a ''ball'' was kicked about a field.....invented?...GTFO!
The origins of the game as we know it lie with China. The Song Dynasty, from 960 to 1279AD played what was called kickball and one variant of it involved two groups trying to kick a ball into a goal. They also had a version of it where they would try to keep the ball in the air as long as possible

Its coming home.

Kane lead us to glory.

Sterlings runs were vital imo, even if he didnt finish but I guess people are gonna hate.

Congrats to England.

Sweden didn't reach the level of performance that was necessary to be competitive in a game against a team with much higher individual quality, and there wasn't really any easier opposition available at this stage so it feels like a natural exit.

Russia will be easier for England, but they're worst team left and hard to watch. Rather have Croatia go through. England can beat both.

England can actually make the final, from thereon it's a toss up.

Kane and Abel invented football way back in biblical times. Never a penalty, dude barely touched him.

I hope Russia spank Croatia, Croatia is a terrible matchup for us. Our defence is too shakey for the creativity of Croatia. Someone kidnap Modric.

I think Croatia needs to show something special in order for the obvious pick for WC winner not to be any of the two teams on the other half. Sweden vs England was nowhere near the quality of yesterday's games but Croatia didn't look very good against Denmark they've at least shown some quality against high level opposition.

I hope Russia spank Croatia, Croatia is a terrible matchup for us. Our defence is too shakey for the creativity of Croatia. Someone kidnap Modric.
Putin has unironically actually legitimately probably fixed it for Russia to make the semis, so dont worry

Kane and Abel invented football way back in biblical times. Never a penalty, dude barely touched him.

Cain & Abel ? wasn't it Cain & Neymar ?

oh and what Cain was it ? Was it a healthy sea level one ?

I think Croatia needs to show something special in order for the obvious pick for WC winner not to be any of the two teams on the other half. Sweden vs England was nowhere near the quality of yesterday's games but Croatia didn't look very good against Denmark they've at least shown some quality against high level opposition.

Who, Argentina? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back