The Official Fifa World Cup thread v16: France v Belgium - Semi Final Match Edition

Who Advances To The Final?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba's been the best player in the tourney for me. Seriously. He's been Pirlo, Maldini and Zidane for this squad all in one. Doesn't get the shine or glamour, but a gamewinner in the final would cap a perfect WC run for Paul imo

Lloris playing like I've always thought he could.

To all the noobs. If some Belgium players do not perform it is due to the opposition: Kante, Pogba, etc. Styles make fights.

OK, apart from Giroud.
No, De Bruyne was shit

DhxH6PrXkAA1NlT.jpg

What happened to the golden generation of Belgium?

Maybe you should ask yourself since you picked them?
And they reached the semis which's impressive and got took out by a better team.

Yes, I do in fact, they've been underwhelming to watch in every game they've played despite having one of the best squads with plenty of attacking talent. But I didn't consider Croatia a big favourite before the tournament.
The lineup Deschamps chooses to play is unfortunate. He sacrifices any creativity or cohesion going forward for "Safety"
Playing Dembele instead of Giroud and Fekir or Lemar instead of Matuidi would make this squad stellar. It's too late for that now though.

Yes, I do in fact, they've been underwhelming to watch in every game they've played despite having one of the best squads with plenty of attacking talent. But I didn't consider Croatia a big favourite before the tournament.
France going forward is way more fun to watch than Croatia, I love Mbappe's runs. I think he's gonna be the best in the world in a few years after Messi and Ronaldo are done.

France going forward is way more fun to watch than Croatia, I love Mbappe's runs. I think he's gonna be the best in the world in a few years after Messi and Ronaldo are done.
wow, what an interesting and unique take.
It's fun living in 2016.

De Bruyne got marked out of the match by Lucas Hernandez. Rotation player for Atletico.
And people want to tell me he's a top 10 player lmao

I was starting to become fans of mbappe when he beat argentina, but now i find him really annoying.

Can he play in the final ? Thats two yellow card right.

Why is Mbappe getting alot of hate now?
Honest question.

Did he say or did something?

Why is Mbappe getting alot of hate now?
Honest question.

Did he say or did something?
He's being a petulant little shit and frustrating the old men he's playing against. Smart moves.

The lineup Deschamps chooses to play is unfortunate. He sacrifices any creativity or cohesion going forward for "Safety"
Playing Dembele instead of Giroud and Fekir or Lemar instead of Matuidi would make this squad stellar. It's too late for that now though.

I agree. France surely have the players on both sides of the ball to be both exciting and solid. Having N'Kante alone should be enough safety to allow some of the attacking talent to flourish, but no - they are always turgid. Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll go behind in the final so we can finally get to see what they can actually do.

I'm picking England to beat Croatia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back