The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Lol yeah saw that.

We already have too many pretentious cornballs with forgettable voices and images in the rap game. Some1 just delete Joyner please
Your namesake has one of the worst voices in the game. Sounds completely uninvolved and bored. He's also one of the worst live performers I've ever seen.

Fucking lolz. Dude needs to take a seat.

Your namesake has one of the worst voices in the game. Sounds completely uninvolved and bored. He's also one of the worst live performers I've ever seen.

Fucking lolz. Dude needs to take a seat.

?????

21 has more personality and charisma than 99% of rappers

21's Bank Account peaked at #12 lets see where Joyner remix ends up

?????

21 has more personality and charisma than 99% of rappers

21's Bank Account peaked at #12 lets see where Joyner remix ends up

LOL

That's the problem, is youngsters believe guys like that have charisma. And skill (!). What is hot does not have any bearing on skill, at all. There are plenty of chart topping artists in all genres who are booty, which generally has much to do with young folks not understanding what skill is. That is why bands like Hinder have had top charting hits, even though they're merely a post-grunge band pushed by radio and media. Bar for bar, your boy is like a toddler playing in the NFL.

LOL

That's the problem, is youngsters believe guys like that have charisma. And skill (!). What is hot does not have any bearing on skill, at all. There are plenty of chart topping artists in all genres who are booty, which generally has much to do with young folks not understanding what skill is. That is why bands like Hinder have had top charting hits, even though they're merely a post-grunge band pushed by radio and media. Bar for bar, your boy is like a toddler playing in the NFL.
His charisma and his personality is what allows him to flourish.

You talk about skill as if its a super important requirement, but I dont think it is. Rap is already inherently a less skillful art than other music genres so if I care about skill Id listen to some jazz artists or whatever. Rap = emotions brah

His charisma and his personality is what allows him to flourish.

You talk about skill as if its a super important requirement, but I dont think it is. Rap is already inherently a less skillful art than other music genres so if I care about skill Id listen to some jazz artists or whatever. Rap = emotions brah
It takes tremendous skill to be a good rapper lmao. Have you ever attempted to make a track? It's very hard. I'm sure it's not quite as hard when you're not putting any effort into it, and repeating "Gucci Gang" fifty times in a row, but for anyone with something to actually say it isn't quite so easy.

Lol damn, I knew it was going to suck ass but Eminem’s new album is so bad.

It takes tremendous skill to be a good rapper lmao. Have you ever attempted to make a track? It's very hard. I'm sure it's not quite as hard when you're not putting any effort into it, and repeating "Gucci Gang" fifty times in a row, but for anyone with something to actually say it isn't quite so easy.
From day one rap has always stood out from other forms of popular music because of how little musical talent it requires. In rap as compared to say jazz or rock music you don't even have to know how to play an instrument, you don't have to know how to sing, you don't have to have anything to do with the music you're rapping over aside from maybe acquiring access to it. And you dont have to get a whole band together.

Maybe 0.0001% of people can sing like Freddie Mercury. I wonder what that % is for whoever your favorite rapper is.
Lol damn, I knew it was going to suck ass but Eminem’s new album is so bad.
facts

2/10 eminem is dumpster juice

From day one rap has always stood out from other forms of popular music because of how little musical talent it requires. In rap as compared to say jazz or rock music you don't even have to know how to play an instrument, you don't have to know how to sing, you don't have to have anything to do with the music you're rapping over aside from maybe acquiring access to it. And you dont have to get a whole band together.

Maybe 0.0001% of people can sing like Freddie Mercury. I wonder what that % is for whoever your favorite rapper is.

facts

2/10 eminem is dumpster juice
Of course, you didn't teach me anything. The thing is, most other forms of music don't have the same skill when it's comes to using their words. What rappers lack in playing music is made up for with poetic technique. Until the last few years, anyway.

Of course, Mercury and Queen had it both ways, but they are once in a generation musicians altogether.

Of course, you didn't teach me anything. The thing is, most other forms of music don't have the same skill when it's comes to using their words. What rappers lack in playing music is made up for with poetic technique. Until the last few years, anyway.

Of course, Mercury and Queen had it both ways, but they are once in a generation musicians altogether.
If you like rap because of its "skill" and poetic technique theres literally like one or two guys in all of rap you could like. And if you think Joyner Lucas is one of them I wanna kms.

Side note but the lack of skill involved in rapping is why I think having multiple writers (and ghostwriters) is such a no no in rap but completely fine in other genres. Write a song for Beyonce, no one can perform it like her. Write a song for Jay Z and there are a million guys out there who can perform it like him, equal to him or better than him.

If you like rap because of its "skill" and poetic technique theres literally like one or two guys in all of rap you could like. And if you think Joyner Lucas is one of them I wanna kms.

Side note but the lack of skill involved in rapping is why I think having multiple writers (and ghostwriters) is such a no no in rap but completely fine in other genres. Write a song for Beyonce, no one can perform it like her. Write a song for Jay Z and there are a million guys out there who can perform it like him, equal to him or better than him.
You're so misguided I don't believe your account is anything more than a gimmick lmao. Ghostwriting is a no no bc that is all a rapper has, is his words. If you can't use your own words and make them matter, you're in the wrong business.

I'm also unsure you know anything about poetic technique. There used to be plenty of rappers who used it, but you're correct, there aren't many today e.g. all of your favorite "rappers."

You're so misguided I don't believe your account is anything more than a gimmick lmao. Ghostwriting is a no no bc that is all a rapper has, is his words. If you can't use your own words and make them matter, you're in the wrong business.

I'm also unsure you know anything about poetic technique. There used to be plenty of rappers who used it, but you're correct, there aren't many today e.g. all of your favorite "rappers."
you literally just confirmed what i said bro

and also, if anyone is misguided its you. liking a genre for its skill when the skill involved is inherently lower than in other genres...misguided.

you may as well be a spoken word poetry stan

And?

You've lost something in context, I guess.
and nothing...the ghostwriting thing was like i said just a side note.

i edited my post to include:

and also, if anyone is misguided its you. liking a genre for its skill when the skill involved is inherently lower than in other genres...misguided. you may as well be a spoken word poetry stan

Just walked in the door from riding around in my Cadillac bumpin UGK and I'd just like to say that 21 Savage and @21 Savage do indeed suck shit.

@21 Savage

You've been making tons of assumptions. Namely that I "like a genre." I like artists that have talent, and rap has always had plenty that have none. If I were to say I like the genre as a whole, it wouldn't even be in my top five.

Realistically what's been going on here is I've been messing with a "kid" who likes talentless musicians and feels the need to defend them and his reasons for liking them, and denounce other artists who are better than the artists he is defending, solely bc he has terrible taste in music.

A spade is a spade, bud. And you're the ace.

Back