The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Just listened to j. Cole’s new album. I can definitely tell it’s the type of album that will grow on me the more I listen to it. Y’all need to listen to “1985”. He goes hard at these trash rappers that 21 savage keeps pushing lol

Just listened to j. Cole’s new album. I can definitely tell it’s the type of album that will grow on me the more I listen to it. Y’all need to listen to “1985”. He goes hard at these trash rappers that 21 savage keeps pushing lol
rly not interested in old man j snore and his holier than thou addiction shaming preaching style of "rap". was gonna listen to it but had to tap out when i saw that album cover [<dunn]

rly not interested in old man j snore and his holier than thou addiction shaming preaching style of "rap". was gonna listen to it but had to tap out when i saw that album cover [<dunn]

He’s definitely not for the small minded. You just keep listening to lil pump <Lmaoo>

He’s definitely not for the small minded. You just keep listening to lil pump <Lmaoo>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand J cole. The lyrics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of philosophy, politics, economics, current events and history most of the bars will go over a typical listener’s head. There’s also Coles’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these verses, to realise that they’re not just high level grammatical rhyming- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike JCole truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the deepness in Jcoles’s existential catchphrase “You wanna know how I know im the shit? cause i keep clogging the toilet” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as jermaine cole’s genius wit unfolds itself on their streaming apps. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a j cole tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

omgggggg this is fucking amazing
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png
HWaQd6Z.png

Next time we meet yeah it's on sight
Gotta keep my hand on my grip
Next time we see ain't no hand fight

They don't understand got a clip
I cannot throw hands got my sip (ooh)
I cannot throw hands got my clip

would NOT wanna test 88glam on road

You keep enjoying that "woke" shit he's pumping out. Same material and easy picking type shit that'd get yall small minded :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s saying "He's talking that real shit". Lol at gatekeeping music, you'll enjoy what you enjoy, no need to bash other for it.

First half off KOD put me to sleep, the second half, he was spitting that generic woke nonsense he's done before on better albums. Lets face it, its mediocre at best.

Lol at having Kanye overshadowing his album by saying just a release date. Cant wait for the album and Cud+Kanye the week after. <{smellit?}><20>

I can't even take rap serious anymore. Who the fuck let rainbow dash rap?
latest

the following are confirmed for 2018 XXL freshman list as per akademiks:

Rich the Kid
Lil Pump
Smokepurpp
Blocboy JB
Trippie Redd
YBN Nahmir
J.I.D
Stefflon Don

the following are confirmed for 2018 XXL freshman list as per akademiks:

Rich the Kid