The Official Sherdog Rap/Gangsta/Hip-Hop Thread

Nobody is going to be talking about Ye this time next year. It's even more forgettable than Pablo, his last record of any lasting value or resonance was Yeezus. That was his swansong.

This comment is so hilarious. Jesus christ.

Nobody was talking about Yeezus a year in, only after people had a couple of years with it, did opinions start changing.

Hell I remember how so many people thought it was garbage when it released.

This comment is so hilarious. Jesus christ.

Nobody was talking about Yeezus a year in, only after people had a couple of years with it, did opinions start changing.

Hell I remember how so many people thought it was garbage when it released.

Yeezus was hailed immediately by critics and non-rap fans as a modern classic. Fans of Kanye ignorant of other genres of music were understandably confused and put off by it.

Yeezus was hailed immediately by critics and non-rap fans as a modern classic. Fans of Kanye ignorant of other genres of music were understandably confused and put off by it.

The critics fucked with it, the majority of Kanye's audience didnt. But I dont recall many saying it was a modern classic, it even had fewer amount of 10s compared to MBDTF.

Minimalism from the brash and dumbed down lyrics to the production was hated at first. Hell KTT, reddit, twitter etc thought it was garbage at first. My friends certainly only liked Blood on the leaves at first, but then grew to rank it as their favorite.

Reborn is song of the year

I'm so, I'm so reborn
I'm moving forward, keep moving forward
Keep moving forward,
Ain't no stress on me Lord
full

New cover for Westside Gunn's 'God is the Greatest/Chris Benoit/Supreme Blientele" album

PpCT41v.jpg

Vuxhfru.jpg

The producer list is stacked. I'm expecting this to be a classic. Griselda are putting out amazing work.

Last edited:
Conway's verse on this is nothing short of amazing. That delivery over that beat always get to me. Raw emotion.

Even though it was Westside's song I felt Conway really overshadowed him here.

Really liked this new Jay song over his single WIN. I hope we get more songs like this in the new album:

Really bummed that King's Dead made the album and took up a space in the album but I can see why TDE put it in the album (album sales)

Really liked this new Jay song over his single WIN. I hope we get more songs like this in the new album:

Really bummed that King's Dead made the album and took up a space in the album but I can see why TDE put it in the album (album sales)

I hope we get something as good as 90059.

Win was dope though, I liked it. Good gym song.

New cover for Westside Gunn's 'God is the Greatest/Chris Benoit/Supreme Blientele" album

PpCT41v.jpg

Vuxhfru.jpg

The producer list is stacked. I'm expecting this to be a classic. Griselda are putting out amazing work.

I love Conway and Benny I just can't get into WSG. His drawn out voice and flow just sounds so lazy, especially when put on the same track as conway or benny. This producer list is insane though so I will definitely be checking.

Conway's verse on this is nothing short of amazing. That delivery over that beat always get to me. Raw emotion.

Even though it was Westside's song I felt Conway really overshadowed him here.

This happens on every track with them. I dont think WSG is a good rapper, Conway and Benny on the other hand...

J.I.D is the only person on that list that deserves to be there and is actually good.

I had a moment where I felt truly old on Saturday. I had read all the positive reaction about KSG and gave it a listen in the whip, subs and all, on my way to UFC 225 with an open mind. "Surely its better than Ye" I thought.....

I didn't like it one bit, to the point where I won't even bother giving it a second listen. I guess I just don't know what good music (no pun intended) is anymore. I'm at peace with it. People calling it a classic and I didnt like a single track. Must be me.
It is highly experimental for such a large release and it is barely hip hop. The production was great, but it needed more verses for me to give it a B+.

Nas x Kanye Cover

upload_2018-6-14_20-13-3.png

Back