The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

If you're in the mood for a easy crunchy snack...

Cheddar Chips

In a non-stick skillet arrange several pinches or spoonfuls of shredded sharp cheddar around the bottom of the skillet (each pinch/spoonful becomes an individual chip). Cook on medium heat for 8-10 min or until the bottom of the cheese becomes a hard enough consistency you can turn it over. Flip all the 'chips' and cook for another minute or two until both sides lightly brown. Remove from skillet and allow to cool on a baking rack.

Finished, they resemble cheez-its or cheddar sour cream flavored ruffles. They are awesome with sour cream, your favorite chip dip, tuna salad, or just plain. You can even make larger ones, fold them in half before they cool all the way, and use them for taco shells!

I've perfected this shit.

188525_10150098386571557_500191556_6907017_4305769_n.jpg

188525_10150098386576557_500191556_6907018_117564_n.jpg

Here is a recipe from a guy called 'ziggy256' over at the BodyRecomposition forums that is so good I had to share.

Chicken breast pizza
Ingredients
1.2-1.4lbs of lean chicken breast
Any thing you want to put ontop of your pizza. I tend to use tomato paste, spinach, onions and a low carb-high protein cheese.

How to
Cut up your chicken breasts into cube like shapes and put into a blender. Add some salt and pepper and blend until it is like mince, if not thinner.
Put some baking paper onto a tray and wet your hands. Now, take the minced chicken and press it out to resemble a pizza base.
Put the tray into the oven. You want to cook for about 15-20 minutes depending on how hot you have put your oven too, (I tend to put mine to 220degrees celcius). I check it every 5-10 minutes to remove any water that has come to the surface of the pizza.
You want to cook it until the top is slightly golden brown.
Remove base from oven and apply your toppings, cook again until the toppings are at a desired level (usually takes 5-10 minutes) and serve.

Don't worry about the chicken falling apart, it doesn't. Tastes exactly like a normal pizza, is absolutely amazing.

Question, is the chicken cut and minced raw?

Yeh mate you mince the chicken raw and put it on the baking tray, shape it out and then you cook the chicken until it is thoroughly cooked or very close to. Following that you just add your toppings and give it more time for them to cook.

I'm going to try this tonight. I might just see, if I can get the butcher to grind the chicken for me. I'm also thinking of mixing it with generous amounts of parmesan. Can't wait!

Great recipes, but why so heavy on the pork? I didn't know you guys were such hog-gobbling swine-eaters.

The chicken breast pizza piques my interest though, thanks!

going to try that pizza tonight! looks really good. im currently in the process of reducing my carbs weekly until i hit "zero" carbs, last night i did this, not sure what to call it.

low-carb chicken recipe.

1 whole pepper
handfull of mushrooms
1 whole onion
handful of fresh spinach
balsamic vinegar - it is fairly carb heavy, but only a splash is needed for flavour
2 clove of garlic
1 or 2 chicken breats (around 1/2lb is enough imo)

cut put chicken into small bitsize peices. then cut up the onions, mushrooms, peppers and crush the garlic. put all of this into a baking dish along with the spinach. cover with a splash of balsamic vinegar and leave it in the fridge for 30mins to an hour. heat oven to 200c (400f). season the dish with salt, pepper and italian seasoning (or just basil). put in the oven for 30mins. tastes really nice.

Last edited:
I have never seen pork rinds around here.

Where do you typically find them in the grocery store, what isle?

Where the chips are at. Usually towards the bottom.

My chicken 'dough' is in the oven! Added parm, garlic, and Italian seasoning. I also ended up adding an egg and some extra water to get it to blend in my VitaMix. I imagine it could be a challenge with a traditional blender. Surprisingly, it actually came out the consistency of dough. I split the 'dough' up into two round cake pans. They've been baking @ 425F for 15 min and still look like they have a bit to go. Smells awesome though.

I found some in the international section with the coconut milk, etc.

60g bag, I picked up 3. From the recipe looks like I should have picked up another bag as the recipe calls for ~2 bags (120g = 4.20z) I'll end up with an extra bag. maybe I can give the pancakes a try.

I can't get zero carb or low carb syrup. Anything else I can put on pancakes?

Pretty damn good!

SDC10839.jpg

Certainly the best low carb pizza recipe I've tried. Thank you MMAFreedom!

My crust came out pretty dry, so you may want to use a little extra sauce when topping it, spread the crust as thin as you can before cooking, and/or brush with melted butter while cooking.

Some other ideas this crust seems to lend itself perfectly to:

Buffalo Pizza

Use a mixture of melted butter and Frank's hot sauce for the pizza sauce. Drizzle with bleu cheese dressing and/or crumbled bleu cheese then top with mozzarella.

Mediterranean Pizza

Top with butter and/or olive oil, green olives, spinach, feta, and mozzarella.

24/7 Low Carb Diner: Pizza Crust Burger Buns?

Cheesy Crust/Buns: To make a small pizza crust, blend 1 egg, one cup grated cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese and a Tablespoon of coconut flour. Spread a circle on parchment paper very thinly and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until browned.

onion%2Bburger%2Blow%2Bcarb.jpg

I am dying for a burger, so I might give these buns a try.

Not a problem man! Looks really good. What did you put on top of it?

Pretty damn good!

SDC10839.jpg

Certainly the best low carb pizza recipe I've tried. Thank you MMAFreedom!

My crust came out pretty dry, so you may want to use a little extra sauce when topping it, spread the crust as thin as you can before cooking, and/or brush with melted butter while cooking.

Some other ideas this crust seems to lend itself perfectly to:

Buffalo Pizza

Use a mixture of melted butter and Frank's hot sauce for the pizza sauce. Drizzle with bleu cheese dressing and/or crumbled bleu cheese then top with mozzarella.

Mediterranean Pizza

Top with butter and/or olive oil, green olives, spinach, feta, and mozzarella.

Is that the chicken crust? That stuff looks damn good.

Low Carb Pancakes
1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup oats, 2 eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, blend (add a little water if it's too thick), throw it on a frying pan- you've got yourself a low(er) carb pancake. You could always add protein powder to the mix for a little overkill.

These rocked my world... so hard.

I decided to do low carb Saturday with the kids... Something out of the norm. This morning I made these pancakes and it was a success! Kids said they taste just like real pancakes.

Dinner will be pork rind pizza! Wish me luck!

Is that the chicken crust? That stuff looks damn good.

Yep, That's the chicken crust. And I have to say it's even better the next day. I'm not much a cold pizza guy, but this stuff is great cold. I also heated some up in a covered skillet, made the bottom nice and crispy... muy bueno!

Last edited:
I did the pork rind pizza tonight. It turned out looking really nice, like the pictures I have seen posted here. However, it was very spongy which I did not like.

I tried to make the crust as thin as possible, but the dough broke apart pretty easy so I ended up with a pretty thick crust like this one
188525_10150098386576557_500191556_6907018_117564_n.jpg

If I could make a thin crust pizza it could end up being alright, but I'm not too confident that I would be able to get the "dough" thin enough. I am kind of disappointed. The taste was fine, but the consistency wasn't something that I liked.

Back