The Official LOW-CARB Recipe Thread:

Found an awesome desert and its actually very good...1/4 cup cocoa powder, 1 egg, TBSP. Baking powder, i added stevia ( 1 TBSP.) it just makes it taste that much better, 2 TBSP. pure pumpkin, and water so it turns into a cake like batter...than preheat oven for 375...and cook that puppy for around 15 mins...it tastes awesome...also frosting for the top of it can be SF/FF pudding 1/4 the packet is 6 grams carbs and mixed it with water or tiny bit of almond milk...

Anyone have good recipes that incorporate coconut flour and/or almond flour?

Yeah, pretty much anything that calls for flour, replace it with either of those, or both.

Lemon cheesecake bitches:

Low-Carb Lemon Cheesecake (crustless version)

Ingredients:

3 packages cream cheese
4 eggs (room temp.)
1 and 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 and 1/3 cups granulated Splenda
1/4 cup sour cream
Lemon extract and/or lemon juice to desired tartness (I like things really tart, not everyone does so just experiment)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees

Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add other ingredients and continually scrape sides of the bowl. Pour mixture into either a springform pan or a pie dish. Put in the oven and IMMEDIATELY turn the oven down to 200 degrees. Bake for approx. 90 minutes. Refrigerate.

For lemon curd:

Ingredients:

3 oz. unsalted butter, softened at room temp.
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks
2/3 of a cup lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon zest (you can also use lemon extract here)
1 cup granulated Splenda

In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer, about 2 min. Slowly add the eggs and yolks. Beat for 1 min. Mix in the lemon juice. The mixture will look curdled, but it will smooth out as it cooks.
In a medium, heavy-based saucepan, cook the mixture over low heat until it looks smooth. (The curdled appearance disappears as the butter in the mixture melts.) Increase the heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens, about 15 min. It should leave a path on the back of a spoon and will read 170

I want me some of that.

Also, here's a great chicken drumstick seasoning. This should cover 1-2 pounds of chicken drumsticks.

1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper (can use more depending on how spicy you like it)
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper to desired taste
A generous dash of thyme and Italian Seasonings

Bake in oven @ 375 for approximately 1 hour. I usually will go past this but it's a matter of preference.
I don't measure anything out, so these are just estimates. I suggest tampering with it yourself. I'll post a picture when they come out of the oven later.
20193410150207747797853.jpg

Edit: Ok heres a picture of 3 of the many that I baked earlier.

Last edited:
It might be better with xylitol in place of the splenda.

Damn Sinister, I love you. I've been craving some cheesecake for weeks now.

Camarones Y Nopales - otherwise known as shrimp and nopal salad:

Shrimp and Nopal Cactus Salad Recipe at Epicurious.com

Suggested tweaks:

- An extra tablespoon of vinegar (or using apple cider vinegar).
- Twice the lime.
- Fresh salsa.

And the fantastic thing about nopales is they lower blood-glucose.

I tried the pizza and it definitely came out better than expected. I thought the pork rinds would be overpowering, but I didn't even taste them. The pizza was on point.

I want me some of that.

Also, here's a great chicken drumstick seasoning. This should cover 1-2 pounds of chicken drumsticks.

1 Tbsp Cumin
1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper (can use more depending on how spicy you like it)
1 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper to desired taste
A generous dash of thyme and Italian Seasonings

Bake in oven @ 375 for approximately 1 hour. I usually will go past this but it's a matter of preference.
I don't measure anything out, so these are just estimates. I suggest tampering with it yourself. I'll post a picture when they come out of the oven later.
20193410150207747797853.jpg

Edit: Ok heres a picture of 3 of the many that I baked earlier.

My lady wanted to try a variation of this. Just not as much cumin or cayenne. She whipped it up with artichokes, themselves seasoned with garlic, adobo, basil, salt, pepper, and a tsp of olive oil. The herbs are fresh:

Dinner2.jpg

With the artichokes being VERY fibrous, made for a tasty and filling meal. Also, artichokes prepared this way are a little tricky to eat, as we didn't remove the thorns because they act as little handles, but can poke you if you're not paying attention. They make it fun, though. A meal that doesn't need the fork.

I'm glad to see you gave it a go. I like the twist you put on it, I'll have to try it myself. Might I add that chicken drumsticks are cheap and delicious.

I love crispy chicken legs so I'll be trying that recipe.

To cook them I like to cover them over with foil on a rack to preserve moisture, then for the final 10 minutes I remove the foil and crank up the heat to 400F to really crisp up the skin.

First I wanna give thanks to Sinister, Bfett81, and the rest of the posters on this thread. I was curious about a no carb pizza recipe but didn't want to bother with Pork Rinds, Cauliflower, or minced raw chicken. So I searched google and it brought up this amazing thread from the lowcarbfriends forum.

So it's 2 cups mozz to 1 cup cheddar........

Now, if you want this to be as crispy as possible, bake it at 450 until very brown.....I'm sure ovens vary, as do cheese types, etc.....however, I have made this now MANY TIMES, and you can get an incredible crust with these basic ingredients.....

2 cups mozz
1 cup cheddar
2-3 Large eggs
seasoning
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp basil

spread out evenly on a 16 inch pizza pan or cookie sheet (sprayed with Pam)

bake at 450 until brown and crispy...to get an even crispier result.....blot any and all grease and bake a few minutes more; before topping......

The addition of cheddar crisps this up, especially on the edges.

After topping with your favorite pizza "fixings", run under the broiler for a few minutes....until the whole thing is sizzling and bubbly.

I used parchment paper and Italian seasoning

Heres how mine turned out. I suck at making pretty food so dont judge!

imagejpeg_2.jpg

Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust! Easiest EVER! Pics included! - Low Carb Friends

That site is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone have a recommended source for almond flour?

Scrambled eggs,paprika, avocado,tiny bit of ketchup mmm
Posted via Mobile Device

This isn't a recipe by any means, but I love it.

- Hardboil some eggs
- Chop up some deli meat and fry it up in a pan (totally changes the taste)
- Peel eggs and chop them up with a knife
- Add Eggs + deli Meat + Shredded Cheese into a bowl

Probably my fav low carb meal right now.

I got a good low carb cheesecake recipe i'll throw up when I get home.

Back