The Official Recipe Thread:

Dessert (Kind of):

bowl of cottage cheese, some artificial sugar(not sure how this is called in english, sugar but with almost no calories), a banana or nuts or w/e you like, 1 tbspoon of peanut butter, also lots of proteins and delicious (as far as delicious can go with healthy recipes).

Protein overdose and barely any calories, can remove peanut butter if you're cutting extreme calories

does anybody have a healthy recipe for meatballs and pasta?

it pops into my head to either try and use lean ground beef with breadcrumbs and a couple eggs skip the Parmesan cheese....

And baking the meatballs. Also using wheat pasta.

Not sure how healthy it sounds but I think it's better then deep frying and using enriched pasta.

^ deep fried meatballs? sounds yum :icon_twis

Just made this tonight. Usually cook with brown rice or wild rice but felt like plain white this time.

BKjml.jpg

- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1" square of ginger, peeled and minced (you want to end up with equal garlic and ginger)
- 2-3T your favorite oil
- Baby bok choy, choy sum, etc. You choose which and amount.
- Peeled and deveined shrimp
- Rice

1. Heat wok on med high, add oil til almost smoking
2. Add garlic and ginger, quickly stir
3. Add bok choy, stir fry a bunch to spread oil all over it
4. Move bok choy to side of wok and add shrimp to other side. Don't pile or stack 'em.
5. Sprinkle a little soy sauce to taste all over. I added a little water too.
6. Flip shrimp when one side is done.

You may need to remove bok choy before the shrimp are done. Just set aside and cover so it stays warm.

I let the shrimp sit in the wok for a good bit until the water evaporated so they got nice and crispy on one side.

it pops into my head to either try and use lean ground beef with breadcrumbs and a couple eggs skip the Parmesan cheese....

Not sure how healthy it sounds but I think it's better then deep frying and using enriched pasta.

I use pretty lean ground beef, bread crumbs, dried parsley, and an egg. Just mix it up and form meatballs of pretty equal sizes. Then I put spaghetti sauce in a pot on the stove (I use Ragu Garden Vegetable, but you can use whatever you like best or make your own) and heat it somewhere around medium until it gets pretty hot, put the raw meatballs in the sauce, put a lid on the pot and let the meatballs cook in the sauce on low for a half hour or so. They turn out really well.

I'm sorry guy, but if there's something no one should ever go "healthy" on, it's quality pasta. It's not all that bad, just do extra cardio.

Just a little tip for making Stir Frys. I see everyone cooking with olive oil.. I find for asiany foods and any stir fry frying chicken in peanut oil is healthy and tasty! Just my $0.02 :)

chile verde:

2.5 lb pork shoulder roast, cut into

Last edited:
This is a side dish I use to impress company cause it looks pretty cool. Very delicious and good protein for a side as well. Easier to make than people may think at its appearance. Its like Autumn in an edible bowl.

l518911172.jpg

1 acorn squash
1/2 T Olive oil
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 T maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
.5 tsp. ground cinnamon
.25 tsp. ground nutmeg
.25 tsp. ground cloves
(Or just use 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice I think)
1/8 cup chopped walnuts, toasted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Slice the acorn squash in half, and remove the pulp and seeds. sae the seeds and eat them like you would pumpkin seeds if you want.

Place the squash on a lightly greased baking sheet.

Bake for 40 minutes, or until the squash is tender.

While the squash bakes, mix together the yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, and spices.

Once the squash is ready, remove it from the oven, and brush the inside of each squash half with the oil.

Fill each half with the yogurt mixture. Sprinkle with the walnuts and a pinch of extra cinnamon, if desired.

I just made this, picture is mine. If a single guy in college can cook this, anyone can

l541618096.jpg

Whiskey Grilled Salmon

3-4 Salmon fillets
1/2 cup whiskey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
2 T Olive oil
1 t ginger root, minced
2 minced garlic cloves
1 T brown sugar

Mix the Whiskey, soy sauce, orange juice, Olive oil, ginger, garlic and brown sugar in a gallon bag place the salmon fillets in the bag and let sit for at least an hour.

Heat the grill on med-high heat, brush grill with oil, and grill salmon for about 4-5 min flesh side down, then flip and grill 6-8 minutes skin side down depending on thickness. Baste with leftover marinade once flesh is up. Fish is done when it flakes easily and faded in color.

If you don't have a grill, place the salmon under a broiler for about 8 - 10 minutes.

^^^^^ Best thing I've ever seen in my life.

Now, some people would call this recipe I'm about to post a cheat meal, but I'd say it's not. It's a once a week meal that works great for lunch:

2 slices bologna (thick or thin slice, preferably thick)
2 slices gouda or havarti cheese
2 slices whole wheat bread
A little butter

You make this like a standard grilled cheese except there is an extra step. Butter the top side of each bread, put the gouda on the non-buttered side, cover with other slice and put it on the pan. Do NOT put the bologna in it yet, cook the sandwich until the cheese melts/bread isn't soft.

Take your bologna out and cut a line on each slice. From the center point to the edge, it looks like a radius diagram. This helps the bologna not curl up as much and release moisture during cooking, though it may still curl a bit. Fry it until it's either browned or blackened depending on preference. When finished, simply open the grilled cheese and place the bologna inside.

Goes well with a dill pickle and sweet potato fries.

Thanks! I took it off the grill and was like "Holy shit. I just made something that looks like the stock photo from a Red Lobster menu" Haha. Those flavors combined absolutely perfect and the high heat of the grill caused a slight glazing effect on the outside flesh :)

Hey there, what do you consider the best way to reheat a grilled steak from a night or two ago? I grilled 2 nice NY strip steaks that were on sale, and am wondering the best way to enjoy the one that's in my fridge? Unfortunately I didn't quite have the grill hot enough so its not seared as well as I would have liked on the outside, and the inside is more a pink medium than my preferred medium rare. Little over cooked. They where like 14 oz each, so I'll probably have half of one with some side (beans or sweet potato) for dinner tonight. Microwave, stove top, oven, veggie steamer, pizza cooker are all viable options to me.

Or would it be best to eat it cold as a ranch wrap or something? It'd just a nice cut of meat with beautiful marbling so mixing it would hide the taste of those wonderful fats I feel.

Hey there, what do you consider the best way to reheat a grilled steak from a night or two ago? I grilled 2 nice NY strip steaks that were on sale, and am wondering the best way to enjoy the one that's in my fridge? Unfortunately I didn't quite have the grill hot enough so its not seared as well as I would have liked on the outside, and the inside is more a pink medium than my preferred medium rare. Little over cooked. They where like 14 oz each, so I'll probably have half of one with some side (beans or sweet potato) for dinner tonight. Microwave, stove top, oven, veggie steamer, pizza cooker are all viable options to me.

Or would it be best to eat it cold as a ranch wrap or something? It'd just a nice cut of meat with beautiful marbling so mixing it would hide the taste of those wonderful fats I feel.

What kind of self-respecting fatman has to ask this fucking question? Seriously. Your question is bad and you should feel bad because your question is bad.

Futurama jokes aside, I'm going to answer you with a picture:

28025_steak_egg_hash_2_620.jpg

Now, some people would call this recipe I'm about to post a cheat meal, but I'd say it's not. It's a once a week meal that works great for lunch:

2 slices bologna (thick or thin slice, preferably thick)
2 slices gouda or havarti cheese
2 slices whole wheat bread
A little butter

You make this like a standard grilled cheese except there is an extra step. Butter the top side of each bread, put the gouda on the non-buttered side, cover with other slice and put it on the pan. Do NOT put the bologna in it yet, cook the sandwich until the cheese melts/bread isn't soft.

Take your bologna out and cut a line on each slice. From the center point to the edge, it looks like a radius diagram. This helps the bologna not curl up as much and release moisture during cooking, though it may still curl a bit. Fry it until it's either browned or blackened depending on preference. When finished, simply open the grilled cheese and place the bologna inside.

Goes well with a dill pickle and sweet potato fries.

I have never eaten bologna in my life and I want to keep it that way. At least use ham or something.

What kind of self-respecting fatman has to ask this fucking question? Seriously. Your question is bad and you should feel bad because your question is bad.

Futurama jokes aside, I'm going to answer you with a picture:

28025_steak_egg_hash_2_620.jpg

Fatman? You're talking to someone who dropped from 215 to 150, is trying to put some muscle and weight back on, but is absolutely horrified at the prospect of being the fat guy again haha. I've got some mental balancing to work out

Was afraid of overcooking it, but nothing wrong with well done steak when its mixed with something. Was already thinking of sauteing it with onions and mushrooms, but adding a runny egg to the top of that looks like my way to go tonight. Guess I was hoping to enjoy the other one as close to the fresh off the grill texture. But that was vain of me to hope... I do love a big brinner tho :)

Fatman? You're talking to someone who dropped from 215 to 150, is trying to put some muscle and weight back on, but is absolutely horrified at the prospect of being the fat guy again haha. I've got some mental balancing to work out

Was afraid of overcooking it, but nothing wrong with well done steak when its mixed with something. Was already thinking of sauteing it with onions and mushrooms, but adding a runny egg to the top of that looks like my way to go tonight. Guess I was hoping to enjoy the other one as close to the fresh off the grill texture. But that was vain of me to hope... I do love a big brinner tho :)

If you insist, microwave @30% for 1:15 flip then 40% for 35 seconds.

Back