***The Official SANCTIONED Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Danny isn't exactly the same as when he first started either. It's also an element of getting older
danny is cool as ice, though. confidence without arrogance, backed up by serious ability. i love it.

danny is cool as ice, though. confidence without arrogance, backed up by serious ability. i love it.

I think Jacobs should get way more love from the mainstream public. His life is like a made for tv movie - growing up poor and overcoming bone cancer (where they said he will never box again) to become a world champion contender.

Like you said, he is confident without being cocky, but that unfortunately doesn't get him the limelight like other lesser (but louder) fighters.

Plus, when he pulled up on Charlo and his crew, Jacobs had him shook.

I want some motherfuckers want some coneys around me!

lol

That's a Cincinnati chili dog at Skyline or Gold Star, among other places that serve Cincinnati chili.

Let's do the rematch here!!! I'm down and will go with the boy if it is here.
we have coneys up here too but they're not covered in chilli they're just white hotdogs with a bit of different taste and lil spice to it.

Usually we just put normal hotdog condiments on em. We also call them "coonies" too. Didn't know you guys had something similar. Chili on it sounds even better, lol. I heard you guy have your own kind of chili tho, skyline was the one I heard of. Some ppl hate it other ppl love it. I heard Cincy ppl swear by it, tho. I love chili.

I thought AB won but it was close. I feel like he would've won clearly if he upped his punch count even by a handful a rd or so but he never lets his hands go enough. Vargas put in more work and it was good work but it was as effective as Broner's power shots. Broner couldn't miss last night. Finally came forward and forced the fight in the pocket or inside where they were standing still or Vargas was on the back foot.

Kevin Cunningham seemed to get him in the right mindset, I thought he did a great job other than not throwing enough. Vargas really put on a great performance as well but I personally thought he was out shined by AB's more vicious, clean, effective blows. It's an objective thing tho, I get why guys would give Vargas a lot of those rds based on more work on a more consistent basis, tho, too.

they popped off at one of his rivals video shoot today.

why do kids do this shit? So stupid. I see this shit and I wonder how they're gonna feel in 5 years when they're locked up or in an urn on their grandmother's mantle. This Tekashi kid has a face tat that has 69 on it, what a douche. Walking around like he's gonna shoot somebody, lol, kid's making tons of money mixed up with gang shit. What a mook.

I watched it a few hours later and after reading the comments here...

So there might be a lot of confirmation bias in my thoughts.

Adrian broner is incredibly frustrating to watch because he's so talented, and he pisses this away.

Your thoughts ?
THIS. He looked so fuckin good at times it was scary...

I think Jacobs should get way more love from the mainstream public. His life is like a made for tv movie - growing up poor and overcoming bone cancer (where they said he will never box again) to become a world champion contender.

Like you said, he is confident without being cocky, but that unfortunately doesn't get him the limelight like other lesser (but louder) fighters.

I don't think Charlo looked shook, there was a little grown ass man talking to a kid there tho...lol

I hate stuff like that video though when all the boys wanna loud talk hyping shit up jumping in between to almost a rumble when the two guys that actually mean anything already know they aint gonna swing on each other. I wish one of the fighters one day says, "all you mothafuckas, back the fuck up and shut the hell up."
Then there's always a whiny chick in the background yelling "guys stoooooop" Nobody was doing shit, just the knuckhead entourage and wanna be pressguys.

He'll always be cool. He appreciates what got him here. When his lady bird (his grandma) and Vic died it put him through everything. Now, everything is a blessing.

People wrote him off after the Pirog fight. Appreciate the good words. Know that you are rooting for the champ. We know that is coming. We'll get that belt

Lol, Jacobs often seems like a grown man amongst boys. He just carries himself with more confidence and more maturity than a lot of these young guys.

It's funny, I see videos of Broner acting like an ass on youtube and the comments are like, "Broner is a real one!" Maybe I'm not even sure what that means, but when I think that phrase is better reserved for guys like Jacobs.

I don't think Charlo looked shook, there was a little grown ass man talking to a kid there tho...lol

I hate stuff like that video though when all the boys wanna loud talk hyping shit up jumping in between to almost a rumble when the two guys that actually mean anything already know they aint gonna swing on each other. I wish one of the fighters one day says, "all you mothafuckas, back the fuck up and shut the hell up."
Then there's always a whiny chick in the background yelling "guys stoooooop" Nobody was doing shit, just the knuckhead entourage and wanna be pressguys.
Lol so true, women get so dramatic when guys start to chirp at each other and there's even a tiny chance of a fight breaking out. I remember years back a group of pussy dudes who couldn't hurt a fly, started getting in each other's' faces and talking shit, nothing serious was gonna happen. But a few girls started freaking out, one chick in particular was so loud and and dramatic she made the whole situation even worse, like a murder was taking place. Some girls can help calm a situation down, but usually they don't handle these things too well, lol.

They staged that. They're boys

Danny does deserve more credit though. Appreciate your support

Lol, Jacobs often seems like a grown man amongst boys. He just carries himself with more confidence and more maturity than a lot of these young guys.

It's funny, I see videos of Broner acting like an ass on youtube and the comments are like, "Broner is a real one!" Maybe I'm not even sure what that means, but when I think that phrase is better reserved for guys like Jacobs.

Danny is like that. He had to grow up quick (Vic was basically his dad).

It's why he will have a commentator job after he's finished fighting.

If you really want to hear his intellect ask him about basketball. He follows it more closely than boxing

Danny is like that. He had to grow up quick (Vic was basically his dad).

It's why he will have a commentator job after he's finished fighting.

If you really want to hear his intellect ask him about basketball. He follows it more closely than boxing
Is he a Knicks fan or has he been in Houston long enough to start rooting for the Rockets? Hard not to be rn if you're in H town, place must be going crazy these days, they are really fucking good and really fun to watch.

How does that work? Two cats sit in a room and say "yo, Im gonna be in the hallway by the "B Tunnel" right after talkin shit, swing by around 5-10 minutes after and lets make a scene for the fan boys"; "Bet, I'll bring Johnny an 'em"...

Really? I didn't know they were cool with each other. I know in an older video, Charlo mentioned that Danny used to be one of his favorite fighters, but I figured with Charlo emerging as a contender, their paths would have to cross.

Either way, I think that fight would be amazing, with Danny taking it by virtue of being more composed and experienced.

Out of curiosity, do you know who is Jacob's promoter?

Really? I didn't know they were cool with each other. I know in an older video, Charlo mentioned that Danny used to be one of his favorite fighters, but I figured with Charlo emerging as a contender, their paths would have to cross.

Either way, I think that fight would be amazing, with Danny taking it by virtue of being more composed and experienced.

Out of curiosity, do you know who is Jacob's promoter?

Yep. I was paying them to spar with Danny. Omar Henry too.

They will fight.

Eddie Hearn. Just signed with him last year. Al Haymon obviously has a big say in things which obviously I have a bias towards

Like I said, Jermall has his deal because of me.

He was sitting down watching when Marcus (twin who is always in the ring Ssm's son) was watching.

He literally asked me "can he fight" and I told him yes. TMac's suite and a few drinks later here we are.

I'm a random dude on the internet but he's a good kid

Back