***The Official SANCTIONED Adrien Broner vs Jessie Vargas RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really? I didn't know they were cool with each other. I know in an older video, Charlo mentioned that Danny used to be one of his favorite fighters, but I figured with Charlo emerging as a contender, their paths would have to cross.

Either way, I think that fight would be amazing, with Danny taking it by virtue of being more composed and experienced.

Out of curiosity, do you know who is Jacob's promoter?

Also I appreciate your interest. You can pm me or post any questions and i'll answer them if I can

we have coneys up here too but they're not covered in chilli they're just white hotdogs with a bit of different taste and lil spice to it.

Usually we just put normal hotdog condiments on em. We also call them "coonies" too. Didn't know you guys had something similar. Chili on it sounds even better, lol. I heard you guy have your own kind of chili tho, skyline was the one I heard of. Some ppl hate it other ppl love it. I heard Cincy ppl swear by it, tho. I love chili.

I thought AB won but it was close. I feel like he would've won clearly if he upped his punch count even by a handful a rd or so but he never lets his hands go enough. Vargas put in more work and it was good work but it was as effective as Broner's power shots. Broner couldn't miss last night. Finally came forward and forced the fight in the pocket or inside where they were standing still or Vargas was on the back foot.

Kevin Cunningham seemed to get him in the right mindset, I thought he did a great job other than not throwing enough. Vargas really put on a great performance as well but I personally thought he was out shined by AB's more vicious, clean, effective blows. It's an objective thing tho, I get why guys would give Vargas a lot of those rds based on more work on a more consistent basis, tho, too.

They have a hot dog, just a thin line of mustard, then Cincinnati chili which is a cooked-down thick but not TOO thick soup-like chili, hard to describe. Then diced onions (unless you order no onion) and then a handful of finely shredded mild cheddar cheese. Odd for people not from around here, but a staple here.

Then there are the "ways".

Spaghetti is put on a plate, then the chili ladled on top, a mound of the cheese and that is a "3-way". A "4-way" can be onion or bean and have either the diced onions or kidney beans added atop the chili prior to the mound of cheese, and a "5-way" has both diced onions and kidney beans and then the mound of shredded mild cheddar on top.

I like a 3-way or a 4-way "onion" and I love coneys as well. Ate it all for the better part of half a decade now, but I'm not big on kidney beans so I never get those.

Unusual at first for folks new to the area, but it grows on them. Very often does, I should say, though sometimes not.
I've worked with folks from out of town who were here for a few to several years and didn't get it at first and then loved it. Now, when they come to town it's one of the first places they want to go. Skyline and Gold Star are the most popular/largest franchises (Skyline is in FL even, I know), but there are a handful of well-known single store mom-and-pop ones in town as well.

You cut it with the fork like you would pie (the "ways") and shovel it in that way. A forkful at a time. As opposed to twisting it or whatever as you would do with regular spaghetti and meatballs.

Here is a pic of a 3-way and a couple coneys:
CincinnatiChili3-Way_Coneys_Pepsi.jpg

And I'm with you on AB needing to be more active. I thought he took over the fight and was winning most rounds after about the 5th and had one of the earlier ones as well if memory serves (maybe the 4th?), but he desperately needs to up his output. I wasn't scoring by round, to be fair. I thought he was putting it on Vargas much better than he was getting for sure, though.
But shaking his head at his opponent's punches, even if he's blocking shots or isn't being hurt, just isn't a good style. Not aesthetically pleasing to fans (or even maybe judges, for that matter).

Last edited:
They have a hot dog, just a thin line of mustard, then Cincinnati chili which is a cooked-down thick but not TOO thick soup-like chili, hard to describe. Then diced onions (unless you order no onion) and then a handful of finely shredded mild cheddar cheese. Odd for people not from around here, but a staple here.

Then there are the "ways".

Spaghetti is put on a plate, then the chili ladled on top, a mound of the cheese and that is a "3-way". A "4-way" can be onion or bean and have either the diced onions or kidney beans added atop the chili prior to the mound of cheese, and a "5-way" has both diced onions and kidney beans and then the mound of shredded mild cheddar on top.

I like a 3-way or a 4-way "onion" and I love coneys as well. Ate it all for the better part of half a decade now, but I'm not big on kidney beans so I never get those.

Unusual at first for folks new to the area, but it grows on them. Very often does, I should say, though sometimes not.
I've worked with folks from out of town who were here for a few to several years and didn't get it at first and then loved it. Now, when they come to town it's one of the first places they want to go. Skyline and Gold Star are the most popular/largest franchises (Skyline is in FL even, I know), but there are a handful of well-known single store mom-and-pop ones in town as well.

You cut it with the fork like you would pie (the "ways") and shovel it in that way. A forkful at a time. As opposed to twisting it or whatever as you would do with regular spaghetti and meatballs.

Here is a pic of a 3-way and a couple coneys:
CincinnatiChili3-Way_Coneys_Pepsi.jpg

And I'm with you on AB needing to be more active. I thought he took over the fight and was winning most rounds after about the 5th and had one of the earlier ones as well if memory serves (maybe the 4th?), but he desperately needs to up his output. I wasn't scoring by round, to be fair. I thought he was putting it on Vargas much better than he was getting for sure, though.
But shaking his head at his opponent's punches, even if he's blocking shots or isn't being hurt, just isn't a good style. Not aesthetically pleasing to fans (or even maybe judges, for that matter).

Wow that sounds fucking delicious. I bet it's pretty awesome for a cheat day, tho I imagine it's hard to finish all that in one sitting, true Murrican serving size right there, lol. Never thought about chili on spaghetti, that's a cool concept. I'm down for anything with cheese/chili and a cooney on it. Do you prefer Skyline or Gold Star btw?

Yup AB is and always has been a great offensive fighter. I gave most of the close rds to him but they were indeed toss up type rds where it's not right or wrong to give it to either guy, the subjective part of the sport.

Yeah he needs to move his hands. Landed like 45% of his power shots but he was out thrown by a freakish amount, like 300+ punches iirc, could be off on that but it was a lot. I really believe even if he threw like 5-7 more power punches a rd then he'd land at least a couple more big, clean shots and would've taken the Dec or even got a kd at some point.

I like the pairing up of him and Cunningham, I haven't seen him fight this good in a longtime and this was by far his best performance considering the level of comp that Vargas is. Whether you think he won or lost, a performance like that keeps guys like you and I looking back and remembering why we keep giving him extra chances.

He really looks like a monster when he's walking you down and letting his hands go in the pocket and on the inside. He's got a hell of an inside game, one of the more vicious inside fighters in the sport rn, imo. He just doesn't do it enough and doesn't let his God damned hands go which probably cost him a win last night.

Respect to Vargas too, a lot of lesser guys would've been beaten up and probably ko'd getting hit with the shots he was getting hit with. That was a pretty fun fight, I really enjoyed it. Glad I bought out of my Vargas bet, I got a bad feeling a couple days before the fight and figured AB might finally bring it, so I saved some money by buying out of that Vargas bet. Rematch would be great. I wonder who wins a rematch, it'll be interesting to see if they get it done.

Last edited:
Also I appreciate your interest. You can pm me or post any questions and i'll answer them if I can

And this is why the world should wake up and give "The Miracle Man" his dues. This video has two of the most humble, articulate and savage fighters in boxing. The fact that guys like Broner and Canelo get more shine is a travesty.

Back