***The Official SANCTIONED Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz RBR Thread 9PM EST Showtime***

^Amen to this. People are on board with AJ over Wilder because he has a more muscular physique? That's the only area one could possibly cite as an advantage for AJ. Wilder has literally twice the fights, stays more active and is down to fight anyone.

Joshua is better than Wilder in a lot of ways. He's a decent pressure fighter with a good punch selection who can put his punches together well when gets some momentum. He's the more coordinated athlete, as well. While he's not the one shot puncher that Wilder is, he has genuine power in both hands. Joshua has a lot of things going for him in the matchup (which makes him the favourite in this fight in my mind, albeit not a considerable one), even if Wilder is going to be extremely dangerous.

Last edited:
Lol. FUCK NO is the answer. AJ is not a better defensive fighter than Ortiz. At all. On any level.
AJ has a significant reach advantage over Ortiz and he can use distance to keep himself out of trouble. And he does have good head movement that is indisputable. He just needs to use it more which is a problem with his limited gas tank.

Im down to watch Ortiz get ktfo again.

AJ has a significant reach advantage over Ortiz and he can use distance to keep himself out of trouble. And he does have good head movement that is indisputable. He just needs to use it more which is a problem with his limited gas tank.
So youre telling me AJ is a better defensive fighter than Ortiz?

Just answer the question.

What a surprise, PUO3 losing his mind and all rationale. This guy is a dick rider, plain and simple. A bad look for the forum.

No, Ortiz is not a widely better boxer than AJ. He is an effective pressure fighter with a good counter left. His mythical prowess has zero shbtabce behind it. Go ahead and break down his resume to me. AJ fought tactically with Wlad and held his own, a masterful pure boxer.

AJ will also be harder to hit, and he doesn't need to have better technical defebse for that to be the case. AJ is much bigger than Ortiz and controls range a lot better whilst having a tight high guard. People are going to get a big shock when they see Wilder in with someone who he does not hold every physical advantage over.

He hasn't shown anything that suggests he could avoid an AJ flurry, he gets backed up regularly by smaller fighters. What happens when AJ does it and starts dropping combinations on him. This is no Ortiz, Joshua hits a lot harder and is vicious combination puncher.

So youre telling me AJ is a better defensive fighter than Ortiz?

Just answer the question.
Overall I'd say there isn't much difference, very difficult to pick, but I'd give a slight edge to Ortiz because he is more defensive in his approach where as AJ is more about offence.

What a surprise, PUO3 losing his mind and all rationale. This guy is a dick rider, plain and simple. A bad look for the forum.

No, Ortiz is not a widely better boxer than AJ. He is an effective pressure fighter with a good counter left. His mythical prowess has zero shbtabce behind it. Go ahead and break down his resume to me. AJ fought tactically with Wlad and held his own, a masterful pure boxer.

AJ will also be harder to hit, and he doesn't need to have better technical defebse for that to be the case. AJ is much bigger than Ortiz and controls range a lot better whilst having a tight high guard. People are going to get a big shock when they see Wilder in with someone who he does not hold every physical advantage over.

He hasn't shown anything that suggests he could avoid an AJ flurry, he gets backed up regularly by smaller fighters. What happens when AJ does it and starts dropping combinations on him. This is no Ortiz, Joshua hits a lot harder and is vicious combination puncher.
Lol. Youve seen your username right?

Joshua is not some masterful boxer. It will be cool to see what Widler can/cant do with similar size but lets stop pretending AJ isnt there to be hit.

“Joshua hits a lot harder”, as evidence by how long it took him to knock the iron chinned Wlad out.....? That is totally baseless.

I consider Wilder to be a more difficult match for Klitshkov than Joshua was. The reason for my opinion derives from the fact that Wlad style is optimized for his size advantage (which similar to AJ) and defense. But this adantage(s) is(are) basically nullified by Wilder’s height and reach, who also brings a one-punch KO power against someone of suspected chin.

On the other hand, Ortiz represents the difficulty of being a well school HW southpaw (not too abundant) for anybody (including AJ). I don’t consider AJ to represent more problem for Ortiz than Wilder’s unorthodox style (based on Ortiz performance against unorthosdox boxer in his amateur years).

Yet, AJ has the fundamentals to make an unorthodox fighter pay for his histrionics mistakes in the ring; and we saw against Ortiz, how Wilder can become a more “disciplined” fighter (and lose rounds and audience support) against a superior boxer. So, although I’m inclined toward Wilder, an AJ victory wouldn’t come as a surprise either. Great fight!!!

Joshua had a problem with endurance in the middle of the fight with Klichko. And they together with his coach changed plan of the fight prepare. The fight with Takamam was to check their new training plan. Joshua in this fight did not punch through Takam, he punched just to touch, he did everything to prolonged this fight as long as he could.
Regarding his fight with Wilder, any three four punching attacks will cause Wilder enormous problems. I will surprise if he stays more than 6 rounds.

Back