***The Official SANCTIONED Errol Spence vs LaMont Peterson RBR Thread***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great performance from Errol...and Peterson honestly fought as well as he could...he didn’t look bad, or shot, he was just dramatically overpowered, overworked, and outclassed. It was lopsided, but I thouroughly enjoyed the fight. Great performances from both, and the cream rose to the top. Kudos.

Amazing bodywork from Spence - Peterson knew it was coming, but couldn’t do anything about it.

Water in the basement and all that.

is that a secret code for i lost a lot of money to my bookie by betting on peterson? lol

No Mr Rb, it is the secretion of our genesis...

Great, easy work for Spence. I liked his in and out movement.

Be Humble,Be Nice, and not become Floyd or over cocky. Try to become SRL or Oscar til he needs to be the bad guy

He is. That's just a healthy arrogance. E is about aas cool as it gets. That won't change. Hopefully he doesn't need to make that transition like Floyd did.

There's a difference between saying you THINK he would and he definitely would. I just watched the fight again on YouTube and although he beat up Peterson he was also getting touched up himself. It was no Floyd vs Corrales performance where you have one guy landing whilst not getting touched. It was just a decent beat down. Not enough to say he would definitely beat Crawford imo. Crawford wont stand right in front of him like Peterson did. I still think that's a hard fight to call (if Crawford looks good at 147).

E walked through him because he knew Lamont couldn't hurt him. Obviously he wasn't going to turn in a virtiouso performance like Floyd did against Chico. He's not Floyd. Very few fighters in history are on that level. If that's the standard you are hoplding him too then you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

On Crawford, kid obviously will be a tough gight. You've seen me do nothing but sing his praises. I think that E's body work wears him down. Let's not forget Yuri was getting to him before ultimately getting stopped. Crawford can't let those same punches find a home.

Anyways, probably irrelevant. Arum won't let that fight happen. Hopefully Todd can talk some sense into him but I won't hold my breath

At 86, Arum probably hasn’t got many fights left in him - why can’t he just make the ones that need to happen, happen?

Old habits I suppose.

unfortunately, I dont think either will have big enough followings. Canelo/GGG rematch and Wilder/Joshua will be much bigger.
Eh. Canelo and Joshua are big time.

Crawford and Spence both have the makings of elite. Some marketing and a couple more wins on their terror paths and they are superstars. Theyve got the styles people love as well.

Why does this always happen fresh off a dominant win. Crawford KO'ed Indongo and everyone was saying he will beat everyone at 147 and now Spence looked dominant against a guy he was SUPPOSED to look dominant against and you say definitely? He's a great fighter but to say he will definitely beat everyone at 147 shows you're clouded by "the moment" around spence dominant win which will fade away in a few weeks and if Crawford schools Horn someone will probably say the same about him again and we end up going in circles.
It doesnt always happen, but I could also toss up the other side of the argument and say there are always doubters even when guys show that they are several levels above good competition during their rise to the top.

It isnt hard to see. Spence makes really good fighters look like shit.
There's a difference between saying you THINK he would and he definitely would. I just watched the fight again on YouTube and although he beat up Peterson he was also getting touched up himself. It was no Floyd vs Corrales performance where you have one guy landing whilst not getting touched. It was just a decent beat down. Not enough to say he would definitely beat Crawford imo. Crawford wont stand right in front of him like Peterson did. I still think that's a hard fight to call (if Crawford looks good at 147).
He didnt get “touched up”. He walked through his opponent with zero regard for their ability.

Crawford is the only fighter who might be near Spence’s level currently.

At 86, Arum probably hasn’t got many fights left in him - why can’t he just make the ones that need to happen, happen?

Old habits I suppose.

He's set in his ways and holds grudges. Once he's out of the picture I'm confident that Todd will make fights happen

Back