• Poll closed .

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
pacquiao-matthysse-weights%20(2).jpg

pacquiao-matthysse-weights%20(1).jpg

pacquiao-matthysse-weights%20(4).jpg

The event begins at 9pm and it will be streamed exclusively in the United States by ESPN+. Pacquiao and Matthysse are expected to be in the ring at 11:30. This is Pacquiao's first bout since he lost the WBO title to Jeff Horn almost a year ago to the day. It was a controversial decision in Horn's home country of Australia that had some wondering if Pacquiao might hang up the gloves after another disappointing defeat.

He's back and sources tell me he looked fast and sharp in training camp.

Pacquiao's name still carries weight in the boxing world, but there are questions as to how well he will draw behind a paywall–even one as manageable as the $4.99 monthly cost for ESPN+. Pacquiao-Horn was broadcast on ESPN as a kickoff to Top Rank's deal with the cable network.

It did stellar numbers peaking at 4.4 million viewers and averaging 3.1. That fight didn't have much competition for viewers on the Independence Day weekend. This fight has a few more obstacles. In addition to the paywall, there's also a UFC event that will broadcast on Fox Sports 1 during the same timeframe.

It's not a stacked UFC card. Former heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos returns to the Octagon to take on newcomer and former World Series of Fighting champ Blagoy Ivanov in his promotional debut. Also, the mildly polarizing Sage Northcutt is in the co-main event against Zak Ottow. The viewing details for Pacquiao-Matthysse came about a little late and there hasn't been a great deal of promotion for the fight, so it's possible that could hurt the bottom line viewership for the fight as well.

i dunno about this tbh....

chance Pac gets ko'd

but even if he wins.......I dunno. Is it thhhhat impressive?

Just seems like we are at the end, and usually at the end there is a brutal beating/ko loss for most great fighters particularity the great offensive ones

Old man Pac is still shredded and too good. Lucas has true KO power, but a true master boxer like Manny should always beat a brawler.

Not a "SANCTIONED" thread, just FYI...
;)
Plus we need a "who wins" poll.

Saturday, July 14, 2018 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ESPN+ APP

In addition, in the world championship co-feature, Filipino power puncher Jhack Tepora (21-0, 16 KOs) will face Edivaldo "Indio" Ortega (26-1-1, 12 KOs) for the vacant WBA featherweight title. Pacquiao and Matthysse are expected to enter the ring at roughly 11:30 p.m. ET.

Manny Pacquiao (59-7-2, 38 KOs) vs Lucas Matthysse (39-4, 36 KOs) -

WBA "Regular" Welterweight Title

@PUO3, can you merge this into @Wanderlei4Life thread just to add the poll? Or his to this one, for that matter. Thanks, man.

Can't wait for this one. Makings of a fun fight.

Pac is very good, but I seriously question his chin at this point if Lucas clips him good. I haven't seen the odds, but Matty is at least a live dog here, if not the likely winner, IMO.

They can merge the threads. I'm fine with it.

Its time for the comeback of the Pac Street Elite

Ill support the legend that Manny is just wish he had passed the torch proper

Pac could also clown Lucas. I'm very interested in this bout, at this point in their respective careers.

I like both guys, glad they're getting matched up and earning a payday, here. I assume they're both doing pretty good $-wise in this one?

Manny via 1st round tko.

Fuck all of you who think otherwise.

And especially... @Strange King fuck you
Lol you have been waiting for a while to drop that haven’t you?

I’m picking Matty I see him as the underdog I am hoping he catches manny and puts him down

I guess I lean Pac. It's true he lost to Horn, but that was a close fight, and I thought Matthysse looked like ass against Kiram (even if he won), who is the definition of mediocre. granted, it's not a fight I'm putting money on.

I guess I lean Pac. It's true he lost to Horn, but that was a close fight, and I thought Matthysse looked like ass against Kiram (even if he won), who is the definition of mediocre. granted, it's not a fight I'm putting money on.
thats a pretty good and balanced summation of the fight. I doubt Pac still has it but if he does and does win i hope we get that oft mentioned passing of the torch matches Pac vs one of the young guns

When does this shit start?

Back