The Official Sherdog Shoop Tutorial & Template Thread

Was gonna suggest adding Q&A to the thread topic so people have a central place for questions as well.

I found this tutorial a while back on how to move things less than a pixel in Photoshop, really handy when making gifs.
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1079059

"Earlier versions of Photoshop used to do this depending on zoom level. If you're zoomed in at 100% on canvas, one nudge will be 1pixel relative to your current object position. 200% will be 0.5 pixel and so on all the way till 3200% which nudges 0.03125px.

In Photoshop CS6, there is a handy little option that is (usually unnoticed) present in General Preferences.

Go to Photoshop Preferences > General > Snap Vector Tools and Transforms to Pixel Grid - uncheck this option as shown in screenshot below:

nudge.jpg

Once unchecked, Photoshop will behave like it did in earlier versions. Zoom level controls the nudge. 100% zoom is 1pixel nudge and 200% is 0.5pixel nudge.

Note that this behavior will work only with 'Free Transform' (Cmd + T) or (Ctrl + T) on your object. A normal nudge with Move tool (V) will not nudge 0.5pixel."

I could never get this to work. Yes it nudges it in the sub pixel range, but when you apply your transformation, it snaps and applies it to the nearest whole pixel.

I had a thread similar to this somewhere and I had hundreds of png MMA faces and poses I just don't know where they archived it.

that would be a great addition to this thread. Search function seems worse in this new forum version. Would be nice if we could find that thread/post.

Finally got these chopped up and uploaded to imgur. If you copy/paste these, they will show up in proper scale wherever you paste them.

Just about 2k pixels by 2k pixels each, so Sherdog scales it down. Its MUCH larger than what you see below :)

e9T8k0Z.png

Ed5H32E.png

ojQ13eX.png

1mdVfWU.pmg

I have this one on my heard drive. Was looking at it today and the people on it were so tiny and not really usable. Now I came back today and now most are usable sizes.

Is there any way to cut out a template as nice as you guys provided with Paint? WIth my limited knowledge on the subject, I've experimented with it, cutting out something "nice" took a long while and still looks miles apart quality wise than what you guys have presented.

I'm into shooping family photo's (serious stuff, like deceased family members) but it sucks if you can't even cut the template nice.

@Jehannum bigwave has a masking tutorial on page 1. One of the big advantages of masking is its non destructive to the image so you can use it other shoops/gifs. Cutting everything out you may not be able to use that image again.

@BogFace I would recommend downloading GIMP and just start playing around with it. Not sure on cloud. There are a lot of free image hosting websites. Several of us use imgur but they all have some pluses and minuses.
imgur.com
gfycat.com
photobucket.com

mediafire was really good for me for gifs that were 4mb or more (I've even uploaded a 12mb gif)
and then imgur for everything else

hs4j5cd4ato1wtdzg.jpg

ps: thanks for the pointer TiV

@Jehannum bigwave has a masking tutorial on page 1. One of the big advantages of masking is its non destructive to the image so you can use it other shoops/gifs. Cutting everything out you may not be able to use that image again.

@BogFace I would recommend downloading GIMP and just start playing around with it. Not sure on cloud. There are a lot of free image hosting websites. Several of us use imgur but they all have some pluses and minuses.
imgur.com
gfycat.com
photobucket.com

The reason I mention cloud saving is that Photoshop CC loads everything to a cloud. I really don't like that function.

Imgur allows up to 50MB now. It converts larger gifs (I think anything over 5MB) to gifv, but you can still access the original gif.

GIMP saves everything locally. Photoshop CC only saves your data to a cloud server if you want it to. You can use PS CC without using Adobe's cloud features.

Great info so far.

Imgur allows up to 50MB now. It converts larger gifs (I think anything over 5MB) to gifv, but you can still access the original gif.

GIMP saves everything locally. Photoshop CC only saves your data to a cloud server if you want it to. You can use PS CC without using Adobe's cloud features.

I'm literally starting from a point of absolute ignorance on this, so bare with me......... Bit torrent or direct? for the GIMP download.

Is there any way to cut out a template as nice as you guys provided with Paint? WIth my limited knowledge on the subject, I've experimented with it, cutting out something "nice" took a long while and still looks miles apart quality wise than what you guys have presented.

I'm into shooping family photo's (serious stuff, like deceased family members) but it sucks if you can't even cut the template nice.

@knight

I'm not sure with paint unless maybe @SheetsMMAfan knows a way.

If not you could try GIMP at least for cutting out an image. Its free and works on PC, MAC and Linux. Empty Emp made a tutorial for cutting out an image with GIMP page 1 of this thread.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-official-sherdog-shoop-tutorial-and-q-a-thread.3085313/

@knight

I'm not sure with paint unless maybe @SheetsMMAfan knows a way.

If not you could try GIMP at least for cutting out an image. Its free and works on PC, MAC and Linux. Empty Emp made a tutorial for cutting out an image with GIMP page 1 of this thread.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-official-sherdog-shoop-tutorial-and-q-a-thread.3085313/

fotoflexer.com is a web-based (no download needed) image editor which you can use to cut images out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back