The Official "Show your Stuff" Thread:

also one of the best channel changers I can think

Yeah when your Grand-daddy says "Boah in mah day we use ta have ta make our own damn 'mote control!"

He was usually talking about a stick.

Well now, i'f we're expanding the discussion to firepower:

Taurus PT-99 with adjustable target sights. Bouth it in '91 with some swag I saved up in the Gulf War, added Pachmyer neoprene grips. Still ticking like a Swiss watch after 15 years of heavy use, best goddam $279 I ever spent.

thumb_99010L.jpg

Charles Daly M-5 hi-cap .45 auto (factory mag holds 10, I'm shopping for 14-round mags). Christmas gift from my dad...shoots as good as it looks.

m5_govt.jpg

CETME Modelo C .308 assault rifle. Painted the furniture flat black.

cetme-blk.JPG

Lee/Enfield .303 bolt-action rifle. Been in constant use from the British colonial wars to the Mujahideen resistance during the Soviet invasion.

no4mk1.jpeg

That bolt-action is beyond sweet.

I took these on my phone...

My Katanas...
09010602215uf.jpg

Close up of hilt...
09010602220as.jpg

The hilts are cobra heads and the scabbards are snakeskin.

I have a lot more, but they are in a safe place. Not good to keep easily accessible.

lol At first I was like "are those fucking UMBRELLAS?"

i would but i cant so i tell you what it looks like its brown and has little pieces of corn in it

Doop what the Hell are you talking about?

I don't have a gun yet (waiting until I get to Vegas), but when I buy one I've had my heart set on this one since I first ever held it:

rugerp851.jpg

The weight felt perfect and the Blue Steel was cold as ice. Lovely.

King Kabuki said:
Doop what the Hell are you talking about?

I don't have a gun yet (waiting until I get to Vegas), but when I buy one I've had my heart set on this one since I first ever held it:

rugerp851.jpg

The weight felt perfect and the Blue Steel was cold as ice. Lovely.
Baah
Get a real gun

Glock

If I knew how to post pictures and had a digital camera that worked i would post up my Glock model 17, CZ Rami , 357 smith & Wesson snubby, winchester 12 guage but I am a newbist with no camera

LAst year when i was in Florida i went to the shooting wrange with my brother and my dad , awesome experience , and they should make it a law if your in the uk to go to a shooting range if you visit the us ,
shot a Glock 40. 9mm Berretta and a Glock 9mm , i really think that was the highlight of my holiday going to the shooting range.

Te only thing i have is a smith and wesson lock knife which s a a pussy thing lol just for general use.

The most beautiful handguns are the Walther P88 and the Berretta FS92 IMO. The Ruger is a bit unestetic if you ask me.

And the Colt 1911 and it's look alikes are nice opticaly.

GCSD Fighter said:

My Katanas...
09010602215uf.jpg

Close up of hilt...
09010602220as.jpg

The hilts are cobra heads and the scabbards are snakeskin.

I have a lot more, but they are in a safe place. Not good to keep easily accessible.

sure look cool. are they functional though?

Liquid Snake said:
sure look cool. are they functional though?

They are actually. The weight of the hilt adds good stability for me. If don't wanna chop a mofo, you can always smash an opponent in the face with it. But serious, I have other shit for more practical purposes. :)

Baah
Get a real gun

Glock

Dude I've shot a version of the Blue Steel Ruger 9mm. They're smooth enough for me.

But I do like Glocks as well.

Then again I've also done black-powder hunting and even like muzzle-loaders.

Vilo Magee said:
Baah
Get a real gun

Glock

Ruger is a top-drawer gunmaker, their stuff ain't overpriced, and they turn out a solid product. And the Ruger P85 auto was a serious contender with Baretta for the US Army 9mm pistol contract. And I personally prefer them to Glocks, which do not sit well in my hand and possess a passive trigger safety that I dislike.

Preferences vary, bro.

owai said:
LAst year when i was in Florida i went to the shooting wrange with my brother and my dad , awesome experience , and they should make it a law if your in the uk to go to a shooting range if you visit the us ,

I agree. Then maybe messageboards would have fewer Europeans talking about how they can't understand us Yanks and our damnable obsession with guns.

I've personally won a few converts; fear and loathing of firearms is rooted in the same thing as fear and loathing of many other things: fear and ignorance. Take someone to the range, demistify the weapon, help them experience the joy of putting lead of on target and controlling a lethal weapon, and you frequently have as a result a FORMER anti-gunner.

Glad you had the experience, mate. Reminds me not to take the fact that I can drive down the round and bust caps whenever I want for granted. :D

Hey Greg, check this out:

My ex-fiance's Uncle is a blacksmith, and was in the Military forever. He works now as an Airline mechanic, but makes metalwork in his off-time. For Christmas three years ago he made his mom (who is German) a miniature replica of a WWI (I think) Canon. Crazy part is this thing actually fired with the power of a 44 Magnum.

I told him he should start a website and sell that stuff, he said it's something he's always wanted to do. I'd sure as shit buy one, and sit it pointing right at my front door. lol

GCSD Fighter said:

My Katanas...
09010602215uf.jpg

Nice,
dont mean to be a knowitall but your big one is the katana, middle is a wakizashi, and small is a tanto,

i had a look on " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana " and found some good info and was surprised to find my chopper there opposite the "Polishing" subtitle

(btw if theres any Ozzie's here, Lone Wolf and Cub 6 is on tonight on sbs! havent seen 6 !!!)

Back