The Official "Show your Stuff" Thread:

also... i purchased my first gun today! Rem .22 572

mainbty5723ch.jpg

its gona be my fun plinker/wabit gun and practise till i get a Rem 7600 .308

not as wicked as your guys guns but were very limeted in what we can own here in OZ :(

King Kabuki said:
Hey Greg, check this out:

My ex-fiance's Uncle is a blacksmith, and was in the Military forever. He works now as an Airline mechanic, but makes metalwork in his off-time. For Christmas three years ago he made his mom (who is German) a miniature replica of a WWI (I think) Canon. Crazy part is this thing actually fired with the power of a 44 Magnum.

I told him he should start a website and sell that stuff, he said it's something he's always wanted to do. I'd sure as shit buy one, and sit it pointing right at my front door. lol

I think there may already be craftsmen who make something like that, at least that fire powder but no shot. Might be an interesting idea, though he'll need to peruse gun legislation and, quite frankly, it may be worth hiring a lawyer to look his idea over.

American gun laws, in their attempt to be clear and unambiguous, are often irritatingly so. Example: federal firearms legislation defines a "sawed-off rifle" as a firearm with a shoulder stock with a barrel shorter than a certain length (I wanna say 18"). That's it, pretty much end of story, not much in the way of loopholes to wiggle through. This is, of course, intended to crimminalize the act of chopping down a rifle barrel to make the weapon more easy to conceal for crime.

However, because of this, the Thompson firearms company wound up in court battling over the legality of its popular Contender single-shot pistols (which have an optional shoulder stock upgrade) which are highly popular with game hunters and competitive marksmen and not, to my knowledge, ever used in the commission of any crime as a single-shot pistol makes a shitty weapon to use for drive-bys or holding up a mini-mart (plus, they cost a lot). I think they won, after making some concessions.

I know this because an idea a friend and I (like me, also an enthusiastic marksman with the funds to amass a collection that punks my modest one) to create a carbine-style upgrade for handguns that the same law rendered not do-able. Before we could think around the restriction, someone came up with a better idea.

Conversely, the Assault Weapons Ban-- a piece of legislation whose very name is a fucking joke since it bans under its expansive umbrella a profusion of weapons that nobody knowledgable about firearms would ever call an "assault weapon"-- crimminalized military-style weapons by legislating against flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, high-capacity magazines, and pistol grips. Arms manufacturers removed the bayonet lug and the flash suppressor, replaced the pistol grip with a thumbhole stock, and shipped them with low-capacity magazines...*voila*, the evil military assault death weapon is now a "sporter" rifle. Crimminals remain unaffected, while law-abiding shooters put up with louder reports during firing, dust anoyingly kicked up while firing prone, and reloading more often. In exchange for this, the likelihood of an innocent American dying in a senseless gang-related bayonetting was seriously reduced.

I'd almost bet there's a law stating that "A _____ -sized device firing a ________ or larger projectile with a muzzle velocity equal to or greater than _______ feet per second" is a deadly, and illegal, weapon even though common sense dictates that nobody is going to walk into the Circle K at one o'clock in the morning and knock it over using a tiny replica connonade for a weapon.

Heres my collection, the gloves are steel shot filled sap gloves.
I need to get a nice Katana next.

DSC00131a.jpg

Great man there's also a Weapon section something I don't have much expierience in but def. interested in some weaponary that's used in MA.

I personally like the katana, nunchakus and also been interested in ninjitsu (everyone must been a fan of ninja movies or had been :) ) and their weapons they used.

I personally don't have weapons right know but going to buy a set of katanas from HANWEI collection bc they have a nice set of weapons who are battleready :)

GCSD Fighter said:
They are actually. The weight of the hilt adds good stability for me. If don't wanna chop a mofo, you can always smash an opponent in the face with it. But serious, I have other shit for more practical purposes. :)

sounds awesome. I havent actually seen a practical sword with a design like that. mostly they try to replicate the traditional look.

Is the handle made of ray skin or anything? must cost a lot even if it doesn't. I'd like to try swinging it around for the different stability feel.

>>jonutarr> said:
Nice,
dont mean to be a knowitall but your big one is the katana, middle is a wakizashi, and small is a tanto,

i had a look on " http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katana " and found some good info and was surprised to find my chopper there opposite the "Polishing" subtitle

(btw if theres any Ozzie's here, Lone Wolf and Cub 6 is on tonight on sbs! havent seen 6 !!!)

lol. I actually knew that, but there's some great stuff on the link you posted. Thanks for that.

>>jonutarr> said:
also... i purchased my first gun today! Rem .22 572

mainbty5723ch.jpg

its gona be my fun plinker/wabit gun and practise till i get a Rem 7600 .308

not as wicked as your guys guns but were very limeted in what we can own here in OZ :(
I used to have one of those. nice little riffles very reliable and clean shooting.

here's my cousin willy with his sawed off double barrel shot gun
zach_m.jpg

OpethDrums said:
here's my cousin willy with his sawed off double barrel shot gun
zach_m.jpg
That is what I picture most of the sherdog posters looking similar to big fat trailor trash rednecks watching sum fightin on ppv and some wwf on tv and maybe catch a monster truck show later on lmfao

aries said:
Heres my collection, the gloves are steel shot filled sap gloves.
I need to get a nice Katana next.

DSC00131a.jpg

OJ....IS THAT YOU!!!! I DIDNT KNOW THE JUICE WAS INTO MMA! J/K...nice kuhkri

That looks like a "Do It Yourself" kit for aspiring Ninjas. lol

Or if he adds some duct tape it could be a serial killer kit

Strange but my mom bought me these while she was over seas. Best fuckin gift ever! They 're from the Chronicles of Riddick, sharp and I have no fuckin idea how to use them.

Definately an awesome addition.

wow those fuckers are crazy looking. they look like farming scythes from H.R. Giegers brain.

heres one from the collection, finally got the hogue grips on and got rid of those

SA45.jpg

Back