The Pain At The Gas Pump: Skyrocketing Price Increase

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
ch.gaschart

I look at charts like this one an a little pee runs down my leg. This is not funny anymore with the national average topping 3.20 a gallon I would imagine. When the summer driving season starts Memorial day weekend prices are going to climb rapidly. We could be looking at 4.50 a gallon in many areas around the country not good before the end of the summer.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/Charts

In the UK we pay atm £1.20 to 1.35 a litre. I have no sympathy for you lot who pay 3 to 4 dollars a gallon.

Brutal but makes me happy in a way because American society needs a reality check sometimes.

1 liter = 0,26 gallon

We pay in Sweden circa $7,54 per gallon!

We also have this beautiful double taxation on gas, we pay VAT on taxes. Taxes make up more than 60% of the gas price.

Yeah, it’s no fun, but I have felt the 2015-2017 prices were kinda falsely low and surprised they stayed down there so long

825x545xfotw915.png.pagespeed.ic.CEQEcYE3Zr.png

We’re not to the 2010-2014 prices. I hope we don’t get back to there

My holdings in Exxon and Chevron may cushion the blow.

1 liter = 0,26 gallon

We also have this beautiful double taxation on gas, we pay VAT on taxes. Taxes make up more than 60% of the gas price.
Your taxes are atrocious. I stayed in malmo for a month and vat made everything fucking silly. We had coffee and it came out to like 50 for the four of us.

1 liter = 0,26 gallon

I always used to wonder why ryanair always did cheap flights to the scandinavian countries then when I went the prices were disgusting.

I'm fine with it as I realize it ebbs and flows but... thanks Obama

Good job Obama brought in stricter standards for fuel economy, oh wait........

Back