Television THE PENGUIN (First Teaser Teaser, post #26)

I'm so pumped for this.

The Reeves-verse is so exciting to me. And this is coming from someone who adores Nolan's TDK Trilogy.

Let's f'n go!
The Reeves-verse is like the Arkham series come to life. It's a perfect blend of reality and a comic/cartoon. The Batman wasn't a perfect movie but the universe it set up has so much potential

The Reeves-verse is like the Arkham series come to life. It's a perfect blend of reality and a comic/cartoon. The Batman wasn't a perfect movie but the universe it set up has so much potential

Agree 100%. The only problem with The Batman was the length, three hours with the tone and slow plodding is way too long. But if he is creating a universe within a universe then perhaps it was a necessary evil. Definitely the most “realistic” Batman movie we have gotten so far.

I hope they keep it straight gangster, kind of keep it low key on the super hero stuff like with Joker

But fuck yeah I'm in, needs to be R rated as well

I hope they can keep it grounded as well, keep the human element, don't worry about a DC universe but stick with Gotham shit only.
Batman was a crime fighter before he was a superhero, hope they can forget the Justice League stuff and give us a detective comic

I hope they can keep it grounded as well, keep the human element, don't worry about a DC universe but stick with Gotham shit only.
Batman was a crime fighter before he was a superhero, hope they can forget the Justice League stuff and give us a detective comic
I think they will. The only thing really superhero-y about The Batman was when he jumped off the police headquarters to glide for the first time and just crashed and burned. He basically fell off a 20 story building and just kinda limped away. It was pretty realistic besides that

I am interested in how they pull this off...the Penguin was always getting busted by Batman and being sent to Jail. Are we supposed to root for him? How slimy will they make him?

Some good actors attached to this, and the teaser looked good as well. Cautiously optimistic, but does anyone know who the showrunner is.

I like that their going mafia style and thats cool. I just dont get how they keep doing these batman shows without batman. At least give us a cameo since this universe has an established batman already.

I am interested in how they pull this off...the Penguin was always getting busted by Batman and being sent to Jail. Are we supposed to root for him? How slimy will they make him?
They definitely used the Heat strategy of portraying Falcone as an even worse villain in The Batman so you didn’t hate Penguin as much

looks fuckin’ good

Sure, but why did it have to be Penguin? Apart from being a portly criminal with an unfortunate nose, how will he feel like the original character?

Sure, but why did it have to be Penguin? Apart from being a portly criminal with an unfortunate nose, how will he feel like the original character?
i’m sure they’ll elevate him. the Reeves Batmanverse seems like it wants to be only a few degrees separation from “”””reality””””” & the Penguin seems easy to mold into a less cartoonish character. plus, Colin Farrell is awesome

Looks good to me. Gives me the faintest ray of hope that I might get a quality Vengeance of Bane series.

Because he can smoke a cigarette in the rain with his hands tied behind his back, that nose is like a natural canopy.

Don’t care even though I have Max… but if this means the execs over at WB like the movie and that it’s tested well than I’m hyped.

And IDGAF what anybody says, Batman Returns is still the GOAT Batman movie. Catwoman and Penguin where spot on. And the ending scene with the emperor penguins is still as hauntingly tragic an ending to a movie I’ve ever seen.

it’s number 2 on my list of Batman films and I’ve only liked it more and more over the years. Seems pretty clear to me that as much as I liked all three Nolan films (and still consider TDK to be the Batman movie overall), I find the two Burton films to be real classics and to have better replay value.

Returns is also one of those rare comic book films that does multiple villains very well. Walken, Pfeiffer, and DeVito all knocked it out of the park.

This looks soooooo good. I was slightly concerned it wouldn't have the same aesthetic as the first film, since Reeves is pretty much in a producer role for the series. But nope, Gotham looks just as dirty and full of atmosphere as the first film.

I really wish this were coming out in the summer tho. But at least we will have this series to chew on until the Batman part II comes out in 2026.

Back