The PFL Tournament Cards are awesome

vegnugun

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with these first two cards. All but 3 or 4 of the fights ended in finishes and the quality of competition is even. I am excited for the next one! As long as they dont make freakshow fights they should be good

I love tournaments. Now that my little guy's lacrosse season is ending this weekend, I will be able to start watching the cards (he had practices on Thursdays)

Yes, I've definitely liked them. Hope the ratings pick up so they stick around.

Both first cards were really good, with some crazy finishes, and the best part of it is that even the prelims are important, yesterday i was with my computer since the beginning to the end and i did not notice the time
Hopefully they are going to draw good ratings and do many seasons...

Yup. They are thoroughly entertaining. I also really like to see a lot of Eastern European talent in an American org, so to see how they do.

HTZM8q3.jpg

Both first cards were really good, with some crazy finishes, and the best part of it is that even the prelims are important, yesterday i was with my computer since the beginning to the end and i did not notice the time
Hopefully they are going to draw good ratings and do many seasons...

The first show did around 150,000 viewers so it needs serious help to stay remotely viable.

I've enjoyed the shows for the most part but they could have aired some better fights there were some snoozers instead of finishes.

They are putting out a SHIT ton of money and the ratings are anemic so hopefully something changes.

I missed it. I as watching the draft. Tuned it just in time to see Brooks post fight interview.

I see Yusopov lost to Cleveland. That was disappointing to see

The only dissapointments have been the main events. Andre Harrison and Will Brooks ended their nights on a whimper, and in two weeks Jake Shields takes the charge. Overall though great shows.

The first show did around 150,000 viewers so it needs serious help to stay remotely viable.

I've enjoyed the shows for the most part but they could have aired some better fights there were some snoozers instead of finishes.

They are putting out a SHIT ton of money and the ratings are anemic so hopefully something changes.

They need freakshows.

I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with these first two cards. All but 3 or 4 of the fights ended in finishes and the quality of competition is even. I am excited for the next one! As long as they dont make freakshow fights they should be good
Hey.. what the fuck is your problem with freakshows???

BTW... they should throw 1 or 2 to boost their ratings.. nothing extreme.

The tournament format HAS to stay. It is awesome. I miss the old Bellator.

I missed it. I as watching the draft. Tuned it just in time to see Brooks post fight interview.

I see Yusopov lost to Cleveland. That was disappointing to see
Yusupov dominated R1 almost finishing Cleveland at least twice with subs, then lost R2 being held against the fence and the fight was stopped because of a freak injury, his jaw was broken due to a shoulder check from Cleveland. Disappointing, but doesn't say much about his future, he'll be back.

Hey.. what the fuck is your problem with freakshows???

BTW... they should throw 1 or 2 to boost their ratings.. nothing extreme.

The tournament format HAS to stay. It is awesome. I miss the old Bellator.

It's a great way to start off interest and build stars out of randoms and homegrown PFL guys like lance Palmer but the tournaments will be a detriment as soon as champions are crowned.

Once the first season is over the champs will be sitting out waiting the entire season for a challenger......the guys who were runnerups previously will grow tired fighting so many times in such short time and overall the tournaments will become unattractive.

The difference between Bjorn and PFL is they have millions to burn so perhaps they could entice free agents where Bjorn couldn't draw flies .....but the problem with that is the PFL won't turn a single penny of profit it's first year just from the fighter payouts alone(not including the expenses to put on the show)and with ratings under 175,000 I don't see investors down to just lose millions for years with literally no return.

Back