The positive outcome of Fedor getting old is that his element of surprise is back.

Mixfight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Early in Fedor's career his speed, aggressiveness and instincts would often surprise his opponents. Goodridge never expected him to throw such a fast lead left and he never recovered. Big Nog never expected to get rocked on the feet by the right and then destroyed on the ground with GnP from the guard and he never recovered. Mirko never expected to be beaten on the feet. Coleman never expected to get armlocked that fast. etc. This was a huge advantage for Fedor because the element of surprise allowed him create openings which changed the course of the fight.

After a while there was more information available on Fedor's fighting style and his opponents were watching tape and scouting his tendencies and as he got older it became harder to surprise his opponents and the performances showed it. Seems like at this point it was Fedor who was being surprised and thats when the losses started coming.

Now Fedor is 42. His chin is nowhere near what it used to be. His endurance is nowhere near where it used to be. His strength isnt where it used to be and he isnt as fast but one thing that he recently got back was his element of SURPRISE. Fedor's last two opponents thought they were fighting a deteriorated old man with no chin, no wrestling and no grappling. Mir had no idea that Fedor was going to judo toss him to the moon and once that happened the whole fight changed. Same with Sonnen, he thought he would walk Fedor down and take him down and roll him up on the ground. He never expected Fedor to land with such power and precision and he never thought Fedor would reverse his takedown in mid air with a judo throw. These kind of surprises really shaped those fights and it was cool to see that Fedor has this element back in his game.

Now hes fighting Bader and the question is will Fedor be able to surprise him? I feel it will be harder because Bader has now done his own scouting and will be better prepared. Does the GOAT have some clever shit up his sleeve for Bader too? Ill say this much, if Fedor is able to surprise Bader he will win for sure.

Fedor might still surprise us, how ever he wins I just hope he wins, and I have a good feeling he will. It would be an epic ending to his goat career if he wins and retires.

The instincts seem to be back now.

Maybe not quite as fast or a chin that is unbreakable, but his strikes are more accurate and coming from an angle that most opponents are not prepared for. Love that the judo is back in the game. More than likely he finds that chin and it is too much to handle.

If he pulls off an arm bar, i may do a "Couture" to celebrate.

The positive outcome of Teddy getting old is that a whole new generation of MMA fans can witness the majestic Last Emperor fighting!

Early in Fedor's career his speed, aggressiveness and instincts would often surprise his opponents. Goodridge never expected him to throw such a fast lead left and he never recovered. Big Nog never expected to get rocked on the feet by the right and then destroyed on the ground with GnP from the guard and he never recovered. Mirko never expected to be beaten on the feet. Coleman never expected to get armlocked that fast. etc. This was a huge advantage for Fedor because the element of surprise allowed him create openings which changed the course of the fight.

After a while there was more information available on Fedor's fighting style and his opponents were watching tape and scouting his tendencies and as he got older it became harder to surprise his opponents and the performances showed it. Seems like at this point it was Fedor who was being surprised and thats when the losses started coming.

Now Fedor is 42. His chin is nowhere near what it used to be. His endurance is nowhere near where it used to be. His strength isnt where it used to be and he isnt as fast but one thing that he recently got back was his element of SURPRISE. Fedor's last two opponents thought they were fighting a deteriorated old man with no chin, no wrestling and no grappling. Mir had no idea that Fedor was going to judo toss him to the moon and once that happened the whole fight changed. Same with Sonnen, he thought he would walk Fedor down and take him down and roll him up on the ground. He never expected Fedor to land with such power and precision and he never thought Fedor would reverse his takedown in mid air with a judo throw. These kind of surprises really shaped those fights and it was cool to see that Fedor has this element back in his game.

Now hes fighting Bader and the question is will Fedor be able to surprise him? I feel it will be harder because Bader has now done his own scouting and will be better prepared. Does the GOAT have some clever shit up his sleeve for Bader too? Ill say this much, if Fedor is able to surprise Bader he will win for sure.

Fedor since being in bellator has looked to push himself again.He is being pushed in camp and trying to be more well rounded again instead of just haymakers.

Fedor lost his motivation got complacent and was surrounded by yes men.He finally got the drive back to prove hes still a solid fighter and with Team fedor and training in Holland hes looked much sharper everywhere and even has lost weight coming in lighter in each of his fights.

Fedor is over the hill and looks to still have the lingering knee issues but hey I'm rooting with all I got he lands a solid shot before Bader dives for a leg.

Fedor might still surprise us, how ever he wins I just hope he wins, and I have a good feeling he will. It would be an epic ending to his goat career if he wins and retires.

If he wins he shouldn't retire until he loses....

The whole point of the tourney was to crown a winner not leave a belt vacant at the end lol.

I'm just being selfish/concerned for Fedor and his legacy (as well as his health) in reality, not really thinking about the division, going out on not just a win but winning a tournament would be the perfect story book ending cherry on top

I hope Bader is well prepared and puts on a takedown clinic and then stays at HW, it would freshen up both HW and LHW. Fedor might have one foot out the door regarding retirement and Bellator doesn't need their title being vacated next year after Minakov being on hiatus for so long. Also a vacant title at LHW is good for a division where Bader has zero challenges left...unless Tito returns for a rematch.

I'm just being selfish/concerned for Fedor and his legacy (as well as his health) in reality, not really thinking about the division, going out on not just a win but winning a tournament would be the perfect story book ending cherry on top

If it went that way then there would be no argument that he is better than GSP and is the goat

If it went that way then there would be no argument that he is better than GSP and is the goat

It was never an argument. Fedor never lost in his prime..never lost to journeyman in his prime and fought better, more dangerous fighters and never cut any weight.

GSP was amazing and is a top 5 GOAT but Fedor was on another level.

It was never an argument. Fedor never lost in his prime..never lost to journeyman in his prime and fought better, more dangerous fighters and never cut any weight.

GSP was amazing and is a top 5 GOAT but Fedor was on another level.

I agree with that, but tell that to the GSP fanboys. Personally I like both of them and think they're great with Fedor ranking higher on the goat chart

Retard post... funny that people sticked to the sofa can state things like this... no knowledge whatsoever...

I agree with that, but tell that to the GSP fanboys. Personally I like both of them and think they're great with Fedor ranking higher on the goat chart

The GOAT to me is the best fighter ever, at his peak. That is Fedor.

Other's may have different criteria for GOAT, and to each their own.

But to me there's been nobody close to that fucking savage Fedor was.

The GOAT to me is the best fighter ever, at his peak. That is Fedor.

Other's may have different criteria for GOAT, and to each their own.

But to me there's been nobody close to that fucking savage Fedor was.

Yeah going undefeated for a decade at heavyweight where he was always undersized was amazing to watch and he was the most chill guy ever

I don't know about all this.

What I see very high level Mixed Martial Artist throwing caution to the wind and just wildly going after any opponent with very little thought to a tactical approach.

I don't know about all this.

What I see very high level Mixed Martial Artist throwing caution to the wind and just wildly going after any opponent with very little thought to a tactical approach.

AFIK he improvises during his fights which makes it exciting because you don't really know what will happen until the fight starts. In recent fights he's been comfortable to throw caution to the wind (ie. stand & trade instead of lay & pray).

Bader is a young 'lion', but the way I see it, he´s not really such an impressive name historically...
If I were Fedor, wouldnt be my last fight... Somethin´bigger...

Back