The Power of Visualization...

Are you sure it’s not the countless hours of training that fighters do?

like you know…. Practicing their punches?

I'm usually not the one to post shit about personal development or how this type of shit works, but I witnessed it with my own eyes on Aug. 19.

It's 2015... There is this Irish bastard talking all kinds of shit saying who he's going to beat and how he's going to do it. I think we all know who this dude is. He's getting ready to fight the best featherweight of all time, Jose Aldo. I didn't think Conor could do it, Aldo is this unbeatable force at featherweight, there is no way it's going to happen.

giphy.gif

Boom. It happened, the new birth of a superstar that could not be controlled. He talked about the power of visualization constantly and called so many shots to the point he seemed insane. Then he pulls off that KO and there was no doubt in my mind anymore. Mystic Mac is the real deal.

Fast forward to Aug. 19... Same green shorts, Some Conor wannabee we always hated on finally gets to prove himself. Just like Conor going against the best featherweight, Sean's going against what most consider the best bantamweight of all time. You see Sean closing his eyes before the fight and in between rd 1 to 2. He's visualizing something....

sean-o%27malley-aljamain-sterling.gif

Almost identical punch. That was destiny in the making.

Now when do we see Sean fight Gervonta and create his own liquor company?

Welcome to the Suga show.

1200px-Sean-O-Malley_2018.png
what a pile of fawning sycophantic adulation.

That distance management by O'Malley though. He didn't even flinch with Aljos punch. Just knew he was perfectly out of reach and landed clean with his counter. Perfect.

Insert Rose chanting "I'm the best!"

Before a staring match vs Carla(?)...

O'Malley has great footwork

For a short period of time Conor was just that good, you can see it in his fight with Alvarez, its was not just head movement but an incredible understanding of distance paired with reflexed and speed. He would easily get out of Eddies punching distance but not like 5 inch but half an inch, just enough to not get hit and he would not flinch but keeping the target in full vision and then counter him. This has nothing to do with being a Conor fan or whatever but just appreciation for somebody who was way ahead of other people doing the exact same thing as bread and butter.

This Conor died right after he made the big bucks against Floyd.

Sean is close but still far away from this but it was enough for a forward rushing hands down Aljo who saw the punch coming, something Aldo never did. Dude was one second throwing hands and the other one waking up and asking himself wtf happened and if it was time for school.

Whilst some are busy visualising, some are busy training.

Of course Sherbros who spend time on Sherdog all day won't understand that level of thought and motivation. The process of visualizing a goal while ultimately working hard everyday to achieve it. The two must be combined.

quote-i-have-visualised-my-imagination-so-clearly-and-so-consistently-that-it-has-manifested-conor-mcgregor-106-70-41.jpg

“My dream is to be World Lightweight Champion in the UFC. Have more money than I know what to do with. And have a great life for my kids, my grandkids. Everyone in my family.”

dsc_8765.jpg

I also dreamed of being a UFC fighter but instead I just got a bunch of injuries I absolutely didn't visualize.

Just stop it. Aldo was undefeated for almost 10 years and a legend even before fighting in the UFC, people might know that if they weren't zoomers who started watching MMA in the last few years. That outcome also really meant little in the long run, nobody thinks in hindsigt that Conor is a better P4P career resume than Aldo just because he caught him early in a fight. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who fought consistantly for that long and wasn't caught and KOed, certainly happened to Conor a few times. Aldo is the better fighter regardless of one outcome on one night. 99/100 times they fight that doesn't happen.

Comparitively, Aljo "won" the belt by DQ and then had 2 split decisions and a freebie win over injured TJ. The only reason the UFC was propping him up before the fight was specifically to add more hype to Sean if he won. It's all marketing hyperbole. The fact that UFC isn't even entertaining an Aljo rematch (and is swerving Merab) proves that it was just marketing bullshit to indirectly boost O'malley if he won the fight. Sean has a whole lot to prove still with this latest fight being his only undisputed ranked win in the UFC. He at bare minimum needs to beat Merab, Sandhagen, Cejudo, and Umar to even begin to talk about a legacy.

At the end of the day, there is limits to what can be done by each person. In order for something to be achieved first, it has to be thought of first by the individual in order to be manifested.

The debate for who the best bantamweight is up in there air. Urijah, Dom, TJ & Aljo have a fair argument. Me personally would lean a little more towards Dom, but made my post based on the current recency biased which mma experiences all the time.

Never said Conor was better than Aldo. Quit making false assessments. Aldo is without a doubt the greatest featherweight of all time... Volk and Max next. That being said, nothing was as legendary as motivated Conor. Shit gave me chills each ppv regardless of his rankings in the all time.

Sean has a lot to prove when it comes to being an all time great, but when it comes down to that nerdy ass kid we watched since contender. The man has nothing to prove anymore, he won the belt in convincing fashion.

I am excited for all these new prospects. The UFC and mma are in a good position... I visualized this hahaha.

Last edited:
Back