The PR Thread! II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah, that is a ridiculous squat.

For me, today: 420-lb. box squat (PR), followed by a 440-lb. box squat (PR). I now have a box squat that is 20 lbs. better than my all-time best back squat. Weird.

For me, today: 420-lb. box squat (PR), followed by a 440-lb. box squat (PR). I now have a box squat that is 20 lbs. better than my all-time best back squat. Weird.

Do you just set a PR every workout? :icon_lol: Nice job.

What size box do you use? Maybe if you are using one that is just to parallel that's the reason

What size box do you use? Maybe if you are using one that is just to parallel that's the reason

My box is set right to parallel; that's probably part of the reason, but a lot of it also has to do with the fact that my technique feels better when I box squat rather than back squat.

Finished my first 5-rep wave on juggernaut. Seems weird and awesome to hit BP @ 210 for 12 reps; and DL @ 385 for 10 reps. Both were easy. Maybe I need a new jugg. spreadsheet...

My box is set right to parallel; that's probably part of the reason, but a lot of it also has to do with the fact that my technique feels better when I box squat rather than back squat.

i just wondered because my box squat is actually higher than my normal squat as well, but i think because i squat high bar its just because i go pretty deep with my squats, usually 3-5 inches below parallel easily, so thats why i wondered for yours

Today was a pretty good day for me. I hit a 10 lb snatch PR but my technique is still garbage. I also hit a 5 lb PR squat which is the first for me in a long time.

damn, your snatches are fast. I how no idea how to snatch at all, but it seems like your catch is holding you back. Nice squat, you beast.

damn, your snatches are fast. I how no idea how to snatch at all, but it seems like your catch is holding you back. Nice squat, you beast.

Thanks, man. My catch is absolutely holding me back. Right after that I caught 245 easy but lost it forward. I'm hoping I can iron that out over the next couple months so I can really bring up my total.

Thanks, WitchCraft. I appreciate it.

Hell yeah you do.

How's your buddy's gym doing?
I know myself and a friend of mine from Iowa City talked about going up there to train with him one of these days so if that actually ends up panning out I'll let you know.

His gym is doing pretty well though, I think. He just got the unit next to his original unit so he could double the size and laid down a bunch of turf. I think it is a pretty good set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back