Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: June 27, 2017

Jake Busey to Play the Son of Gary Busey's Character in THE PREDATOR

SXib63I.jpg

Jake Busey (Starship Troopers, Identity) has revealed to The Red Booth (via Pop Culture) that his role in 20th Century Fox and Shane Black‘s sequel The Predator is, in fact, the son of his dad Gary Busey’s Peter Keyes character from Predator 2.

“[Shane Black] called me and he said ‘Hey, you wanna do this movie? We don’t have money for you but it’ll be a fun thing to come play and be your father’s son,’” Busey said. “And so as much as I have followed in my Dad’s footsteps career-wise, this is like really following in his footsteps by playing a character who is the son of the character he played. And I don’t think there would be any other forum where I would do that. I think this is the one thing.” He also added, “If you liked the very first movie a lot, you’ll really like this one. This one has a lot of essence of the first movie.”

The character of Keyes has an interesting history, as screenwriters Jim and John Thomas (who also wrote the first Predator) had intended the role to be Dutch, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character. The part was then rewritten as a special agent posing as DEA in order to capture the Predator as it roamed Los Angeles. Keyes ultimately met an untimely end in his pursuit of the creature. Gary Busey himself also played one of the main villains (Mr. Joshua) in Lethal Weapon, the first produced script by Shane Black.

Jake Busey Plays the Son of His Dad’s Character in The Predator

Update: April 6, 2017

Arnold Schwarzenegger Turned Down Cameo Offer in Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

SqzQlex.jpg

It has already taken out human mercenaries, alien warriors and even Topher Grace — but there's one person that the Predator can't intimidate. Arnold Schwarzenegger has said that he's had a chance to read the screenplay for the upcoming relaunch of the sci-fi monster franchise, and he's not impressed.

Asked by Yahoo! Movies if he was involved with Shane Black's revival of the series, Schwarzenegger revealed that he'd already been approached — but had turned down the opportunity.

"They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it — whatever they offered," he said. "So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won’t do that."

The actor had starred in the original Predator in 1987 as Dutch Schaefer, the sole human survivor of a Predator attack — indeed, he defeated the Predator in hand-to-hand combat — but it's unclear if he would have been reprising that role or appearing in a different capacity in Black's project, The Predator, which takes place after the first two movies in the series but before 2010's Predators.

The chances for Schwarzenegger to get his wish and have the role expanded are getting smaller by the day: Production on the movie started in February.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Rejected 'The Predator' Role After Reading the Script

Update: March 24, 2017

Edward James Olmos Joins the Cast of Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

0IlJXbM.jpg

Edward James Olmos is suiting up for The Predator, Shane Black’s reboot of 20th Century Fox’s sci-fi action franchise. Black is directing from a script he co-wrote with Fred Dekker.

The movie is shooting in Vancouver with Boyd Holbrook leading a cast that also includes Room breakout Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Yvonne Strahovski (mine!) and Olivia Munn.

The movie once again features unsuspecting humans who slowly realize that fierce hunter-aliens are in their midst, this time in a suburban setting. Olmos will play a military character.

Olmos is a veteran actor who made his mark playing a detective in the 1980s version of Miami Vice and in the acclaimed re-imagining of Battlestar Galactica, the Syfy show in the early 2000s in which he played Commander Adama.

The actor, who did a recent stint on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, is coming off of shooting Blade Runner 2049 in which he reprises his character from the classic 1982 Ridley Scott movie. And is due to appear in the pilot for Mayans MC, FX's hoped-for Sons of Anarchy spinoff series.

'Battlestar Galactica' Star Edward James Olmos Joins Shane Black's 'Predator' Reboot (Exclusive)

Update: May 15, 2017

First Look at the Predator, Boyd Holbrook and Trevante Rhodes on the Set of THE PREDATOR

18512387_1885164491696934_3412391150630207488_n.jpg

gallery-1493116834-the-predator-sequel-filming.jpg

gallery-1493116702-trevante-rhodes-boyd-holbrook-the-predator.jpg

gallery-1493116699-trevante-rhodes-the-predator.jpg

gallery-1493116802-boyd-holbrook-filming-the-predator.jpg

gallery-1493116875-the-predator-filming.jpg

Update: March 3, 2017

Augusto Aguilera Lands Final Main Role in Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

WCoCHl7.jpg

Augusto Aguilera has landed the final main role in 20th Century Fox’s reboot The Predator, which Shane Black is directing from a script he co-wrote with Fred Dekker. Production began last month and Fox has already staked out a February 9, 2018 release date.

Aguilera (Chasing Life) is the final piece of the the alien-hunter team alongside Sterling K. Brown, Trevante Rhodes, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn and Keegan-Michael Key. The plot is under wraps but the film is part of the original franchise that began with 1987’s Predator.

Aguilera’s recent credits include the Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s Hulu pilot Citizen, Ice for Antoine Fuqua and John Singleton’s FX pilot Snowfall.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/augusto-aguilera-the-predator-movie-casting-1202035978/

Update: February 22, 2017

Yvonne Strahovski (mine!) Joins the Cast of Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

Us4niLg.jpg

Yvonne Strahovski (mine!), perhaps best known to audiences for starring on NBC’s Chuck for five seasons, is in final negotiations to join the cast of The Predator.

Boyd Holbrook leads an ensemble cast that includes Room breakout Jacob Tremblay, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen and Olivia Munn.

Strahovski will play the mother to Tremblay, a troubled boy who is accidentally drawn into the conflict with the fierce alien creatures by his father — her ex-husband — played by Holbrook.

Shane Black is directing the movie, which began production Monday in Vancouver. He also co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker.

Strahovski, who has had runs on Dexter and 24: Live Another Day, next co-stars in Hulu’s buzzy Margaret Atwood adaptation of The Handmaid’s Tale with Elisabeth Moss and Joseph Fiennes. She also has two movies in the can: He’s Out There, directed by Dennis Iliadis,and the Marc Forster-helmed drama All I See Is You, the latter starring Blake Lively.

Yvonne Strahovski Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

Update: February 21, 2017

GAME OF THRONES Star Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

WuF3W18.jpg

Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy on HBO’s Game of Thrones, has joined the cast of Shane Black’s reboot of Predator.

The 20th Century Fox movie began shooting Monday in Vancouver, with Boyd Holbrook (Logan) leading an ensemble that also includes Room star Jacob Tremblay, Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane and Olivia Munn.

Black co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker and is directing the movie, titled The Predator.

Allen will play an ex-Marine who teams with several other outsiders, including one played by Holbrook, to stop the human-hunting creatures in a setting that hasn’t yet been seen in a Predator movie: suburbia.

On top of being known for his work on Thrones, Allen also memorably played a Russian gangster who kills the wrong dog in 2014’s John Wick.

'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

Update: February 20, 2017

First Look at the Cast of THE PREDATOR as Filming Begins, R-rating Confirmed

C5HugjjUEAAzWIn.jpg:large

Shane Black is ready to take on The Predator. The director shared a first look at part of the sprawling cast for his reboot, which includes Trevante Rhodes, Sterling K. Brown, Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Olivia Munn and Keegan-Michael Key. Filming began Monday in Vancouver.

Black also confirmed the film will be rated R, and used some colorful language to do so. Black, co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker for what's officially being billed as the fourth installment of the franchise after 1987's Predator, 1990's Predator 2 and 2010's Predators (sorry, Alien vs. Predator). Fox will release The Predator on Feb. 9, 2018

Shane Black also shared the first look at Thomas Jane and Alfie Allen. "Stone killers with serious acting chops -- but which of them will be chopped... by THE PREDATOR? (See what I did there?)," Black tweeted.

C6cLxr1UoAAolkQ.jpg:large

'Predator' Reboot: First Cast Photo Revealed, R-Rating Confirmed

Update: January 28, 2017

Conor McGregor Reveals He Turned Down a Role in THE PREDATOR

QNm8Qtc.jpg

At the An Evening With... event in Manchester, UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor reveals he turned down a role in Shane Black's The Predator and is still considering a stint with WWE.

"There’s a lot of offers. I got offered the Predator movie. The Pegasus [International Ad] was three days for a hell of a lot of money. I didn’t even know it was acting. I just signed on the dotted line. And when I got there they said here’s your lines and I was like ‘What the fuck!..If I was to do [Predator] it would mean eight weeks in Toronto. You can’t do too much at once…Thanks very much for the offer. I would have been great to fight the Predator, but I’m chilling."

"Same way with the WWE situation. Right now I’m chillin’. I’m trying to make something historic [against Mayweather]. Long after I’m gone kids will be talking about it. [But] Never say never. I’d love to go into WWE and have a real knock. I’ve turned down some things, and others are ongoing. I’m the only one with options. Floyd doesn’t have options. I’m the A-side."

UFC Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor Reveals He Turned Down Role in 'The Predator'

Update: January 25, 2017

ROOM Breakout Star Jacob Tremblay Joins THE PREDATOR

YxOMTOA.jpg

Shane Black’s The Predator has made room for Jacob Tremblay. The young actor, who broke through and stole hearts and scenes with his performance in the Oscar-winning drama Room, will star with Boyd Holbrook in The Predator.

The movie has been loading up its actors ahead of a production start in Vancouver in February. Black co-wrote the script with Fred Dekker and is directing.

Holbrook is heading a cast that so far includes Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes and Olivia Munn. Thomas Jane, meanwhile, is in negotiations to join the cast.

Tremblay will play the son of Holbrook's character, an ex-Marine who discovers the existence of fierce aliens but finds that no one believes they exist.

Since busting out of Room, Tremblay nabbed starring roles in Wonder, Lionsgate’s adaptation of the R.J. Palacio novel by Stephen Chbosky that will see Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson playing his parents, as well as The Book of Henry, a dramatic thriller from Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow.

Jacob Tremblay to Star in Shane Black's 'Predator' Movie (Exclusive)

Last edited:
Update: January 23, 2017

THE PUNISHER's Thomas Jane Joins Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

iD5WCwr.jpg

Thomas Jane is in final negotiations to joins the cast of The Predator, Fox’s new installment of the sci-fi action franchise that will be directed by Shane Black.

The movie is furiously casting up as it heads towards a production start in February in Vancouver, with Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key and Trevante Rhodes being recent additions to the call sheet.

Boyd Holbrook is leading an ensemble cast in a story which features an array of the alien hunters first seen in the 1987 movie starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Details for Jane’s role were not revealed.

This is the first studio movie in quite some time for Jane, who may be best known for starring on HBO’s drama Hung from 2009 to 2011 and for starring in The Punisher, the action pic based on Marvel Comics’ antihero.

The actor just wrapped Stephen King's 1922 for Netflix, and he currently is shooting Miles for Lakeshore Entertainment and Open Road Films.

Thomas Jane in Talks to Join Shane Black's 'Predator' Movie (Exclusive)

Update: January 19, 2017

PEOPLE V. O.J. SIMPSON Star Sterling K. Brown Joins THE PREDATOR

R4pZieY.jpg

Sterling K. Brown — one of the stars of NBC's buzzy ensemble drama This Is Us, who also won an Emmy for his work on FX's The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story— is in negotiations to join the cast of The Predator, Twentieth Century Fox’s new installment of the sci-fi action franchise that will be directed by Shane Black.

The new film will feature many of the fierce hunter killers, not just one. If a deal is sealed, Brown will play a government agent who jails Holbrook’s ex-Marine character, but later needs his help with the Predators.

The potential Predator deal marks a busy time for Brown, who is riding high thanks to his turns on This Is Usand People v. O.J. The latter earned him an Emmy win last fall, as well as SAG and NAACP award nominations. In part due to the heat generated by those works, the actor was recently cast in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, which is now in production in Atlanta.

'People v. O.J. Simpson' Star Sterling K. Brown in Talks to Join Shane Black's New 'Predator' Movie (Exclusive)

Update: January 6, 2017

Keegan-Michael Key Joins Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

hBxJytW.jpg

Keegan-Michael Key, best known for Comedy Central’s cult comedy series Key and Peele, is in final negotiations to join the growing cast of The Predator.

Shane Black is spearheading the project, having written the script with Fred Dekker and sitting in the director’s chair. A late February start is being eyed.

Holbrook and Rhodes are ex-Marines while Munn is a scientist. Key will play a man who teams up with Holbrook and Rhodes to fight the creatures.

Key is a multi-Emmy nominee for his work on Key and Peele, the sketch show he headlined with Jordan Peele. The comedian has been making in-roads into movies, making appearances in 2015’s Tomorrowland and Vacation while also starring in 2016’s comedy Keanu. He was last seen in Fox’s comedy Why Him?

Keegan-Michael Key Joining Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

Last edited:
Update: January 5, 2017

MOONLIGHT's Trevante Rhodes Joins Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

mwdyrKX.jpg

Trevante Rhodes, one of the stars of Moonlight, has joined the cast of Shane Black's The Predator. Black is directing the project and wrote the script with Fred Dekker.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. Rhodes will play the best friend of Holbrook's character; both are said to be ex-Marines. A shooting start later this winter is being planned.

Rhodes is one of the breakout stars of Moonlight, A24's drama that itself is a breakout this awards season. Rhodes plays a young gay man who comes of age in drug-addled Miami. The movie has garnered six Golden Globe nominations, including one for best picture, going into this weekend.

Rhodes recently joined Chris Hemsworth and Michael Pena in Horse Soldiers, a war drama being produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Black Label Media. He also stars on the Tyler Perry show If Loving You Is Wrong, which airs on OWN.

'Moonlight' Star Trevante Rhodes Joins Shane Black's 'The Predator' (Exclusive)

Update: November 3, 2016

Olivia Munn Joins Boyd Holbrook in THE PREDATOR; Set in Suburbia

3XvEQtl.jpg

Olivia Munn is in negotiations to join Boyd Holbrook in The Predator, Twentieth Century Fox's reboot of the alien action-movie series that Shane Black is directing.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but this much is known: The story plunks the alien hunter — whom audiences have seen fight in jungles, concrete jungles, frozen wastelands and alien planets — in the harsh environment of … suburbia.

Holbrook is starring in the movie, which was co-written by Black and Fred Dekker. Munn will play a scientist opposite Holbrook’s Special Forces commando.

Munn is coming off a role in Fox's summer X-Men franchise outing, X-Men: Apocalypse, in which she played the mutant Psylocke. She will next be seen in DreamWorks' ensemble comedy Office Christmas Party.

Olivia Munn Joining Boyd Holbrook in Shane Black's 'Predator' Reboot (Exclusive)

Update: October 25, 2016

Shane Black Says THE PREDATOR Will Be Scary, Funny, and Wondrous

2jg4int.jpg

Shane Black: “Right now we’re looking at probably beginning to mid February. I’m heading up to Vancouver in a week or two to go into a serious pre-production, so we’re on the cusp.”

“I think the Predator movies have slightly veered from typical sci-fi in that there is a sort of thriller aspect to them. I think it should be scary, I think it should be funny, and I think ultimately it should be wondrous and about perceiving things that human beings very seldom get a chance to see… I don’t mean movie audiences I mean characters in the movie. I’m not saying the movie will be nothing anyone’s seen before (laughs).”

“I think it’ll be interesting to get a group of credible guys—the hallmark of the first one is you have guys together that are kinda funny and self-referential and also very tough. I don’t know that we’re going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we’ve deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys.”

“Fox has been very cooperative. I mean part of it is the success they had with Deadpool, but I also made a case—and I think they agreed—that fans of the Predator generally, probably aren’t looking to go to see a PG-13-rated version of it. It would be more of a letdown if it was sort of tailored to a family friendly audience than if it were allowed to play out to the same scale and level that the first R-rated one did.”

Shane Black Says ‘The Predator’ Will Be Scary, Funny, and Wondrous; Discusses Why He and Fox Agree on R-rating

Update: October 11, 2016

Boyd Holbrook Replaces Benicio Del Toro as the Lead in THE PREDATOR

9wJRORo.jpg

Benicio Del Toro will no longer be hunting aliens, but Twentieth Century Fox is targeting a new hunter.

Del Toro has fallen out of negotiations with Fox to star in The Predator, the new installment of the alien action movie series that Shane Black is directing for 20th Century Fox, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter.

Details of the parting of ways were not revealed. But Fox is not sitting idly and has already pinpointed its new lead: Boyd Holbrook, one of the stars of Netflix's crime series Narcos.

While Holbrook does not have the star power Del Toro has, Fox is planning on beefing up the supporting cast. And the rising actor does have plenty of love and support from the studio itself: he has appeared in three Fox movies in the last two years, the latest one being Logan, the X-Men spin-off in which he is the movie’s villain. (Gone Girl and Morgan are the other two.)

Casting Del Toro in Predator was a challenge from the beginning. The actor and the studio danced for months around this project, with one obstacle being Del Toro's schedule (among the project that he was supposed to shoot was a sequel to Sicario). The studio even pushed back the start date to February in order to accommodate the actor. Sources say scheduling issues again became a problem when del Toro's other movies rejigged.

Benicio Del Toro Drops Out of Shane Black's 'Predator', Fox Targeting Boyd Holbrook for the Lead (Exclusive)

Update: September 12, 2016

Benicio Del Toro in Talks to Star in Shane Black's THE PREDATOR

POmbR2H.jpg

Benicio Del Toro is in negotiations to star in The Predator, the reboot of the alien action movie series that Shane Black is directing for 20th Century Fox. Plot details are being kept hidden in mud but the new movie is said to be an ensemble piece anchored by the character to be played by Del Toro.

The actor and the studio have been dancing for months around this project, but one challenge has been been Del Toro's schedule. That stumbling block looks to have been cleared and a February start date is being planned.

Black, who last wrote and directed The Nice Guys and created the Lethal Weapon movies, wrote the treatment for the script of the Predator reboot, which was written by Fred Dekker, Black's university chum with whom he wrote 1987’s Monster Squad.

Benicio Del Toro in Talks to Star in Shane Black's 'Predator' Reboot

Update: May 13, 2016

Writer-Director Shane Black Confirms THE PREDATOR Will Be Rated R

FYbrNit.jpg

Shane Black “I made a condition of my participation with Predator that it be the same rating as the first movie, and the first movie was Rated R. In other words, I don’t want to cut away every time the Predator does something violent.”

“There’s also a sensibility and a sense of brooding menace and we can have fun but there’s an element of horror that’s unmistakable in The Predator. I don’t want to have to compromise it by just treating it like a popcorn film. That said, I hope there’s some popcorn viewing available in it, too. It’s an R-rated popcorn movie, which is the best kind to me.”

“Before Deadpool everyone was saying exactly the opposite. It’s only been recently that this sort of thing has become more palatable to the decision makers.”

“That’s what the goal is here, to take the Predator from a sort of knock-off version that gets a certain amount of money every few years to one that’s more eventized, that you would get your tickets for it months in advance, actually know it’s coming, and say, ‘Yeah, let’s line up and see that.’”

Shane Black Confirms 'The Predator' Will Be Rated R, Talks About How 'Deadpool' Influenced Fox Over the Rating

Update: May 12, 2016

Shane Black Says PREDATOR Costume Will Be Upgraded for Sequel

6BfYaEu.jpg

Director Shane Black and his The Monster Squad co-writer Fred Dekker have been working on an “inventive sequel” to 20th Century Fox’s Predator since 2014, turning in the script late last year and revealing a teaser image in February. Now Black is on the campaign trail for his brilliant new detective movie The Nice Guys, and we got to ask him if he plans to change Stan Winston‘s iconic Predator costume design for his film, now titled The Predator.

“It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s make it fun, make it different, make it organically different,” Black told ComingSoon of his plans for the Predator costume. “So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell."

"There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is," Black added. "Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In ‘The Predator’ we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae.”

During the same junket Black revealed to JoBlo that filming will begin on The Predator either this September or October for a March 2, 2018 release.

Shane Black Says the Predator Costume Design Will Get an Upgrade for the New Film

Last edited:
Update: April 13, 2016

Shane Black Reveals THE PREDATOR Will Be Set in Present Day

bQJbxIl.jpg

Collider caught up with Shane Black at CinemaCon to talk about The Predator. First Black confirmed that The Predator will be his next movie after The Nice Guys, so that means Doc Savage is probably going to have to wait a little longer.

With regards to when The Predator is set, Black revealed that it’s set in the present day. That means, since The Predator is due out March 2, 2018, thirty-one years will have passed since the events of the original film. How that will affect the plot remains a mystery, but it’s a nice tidbit of info to have.

He then addressed the possibility of Arnold Schwarzenegger coming back, which was also mentioned last month: "We have not talked about it, which is good because I’m not supposed to talk about it anyway. Not supposed to talk about details of the script. And I shouldn’t."

Shane Black Reveals 'The Predator' Will Be Set in the Present Day, Confirms It Will Be His Next Film

Update: March 23, 2016

Shane Black Says THE PREDATOR Will Be an Event Film

3IRjqS8.jpg

"They called me and I was reluctant," Shane Black told Thrillist. "I said, 'Look. You guys at Fox, I mean, I enjoy these movies, but we’ve been churning out these AVP whatever, they each cost a certain amount of money, they’re okay, but there’s no effort to elevate them or make them any kind of an event.' They’re just sort of another Predator."

“They said, 'What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also? We really want to make this something. The kind of movie that people line up for.' I said, 'Really, you’ll spend a bunch of money?' They go, 'Yep.' I go, 'Make it really scale, spectacle?' 'Yep.' 'Shit, that sounds interesting',” Black said.

"I think the first one was great, and it was contained, and it was a perfect little gem for what it was," Black added. "I think there’s an expansion that needs to take place, and also just a love for that era, that movie, and the mythology of the Predator. I think that they came to me knowing pretty much that… they said, basically, if I wanted to make Predator but treat it like it was Iron Man III instead of just another little movie. I said, 'Let’s really do it right this time.'"

As for whether or not Arnold Schwarzenegger would be returning for the latest film, Black said that negotiations are currently in process and the script itself must remain a secret for the time being

Shane Black Says 'The Predator' Will Be an Event Film, Addresses Arnold Schwarzenegger's Return

Update: March 7, 2016

Arnold Schwarzenegger Meeting with THE PREDATOR Director Shane Black

yZlJro3.jpg

Well, there may be another return to the franchise, as the original film's star, Arnold Schwarzenegger, says he's going to meet with the director soon. At the Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio, the actor told TheArnoldFans.com of his plans.

"I haven’t talked with him (Shane Black) yet but I’m going to meet with him for lunch sometime soon. Just as soon as I’m finished with this (Arnold’s Sports Festival) and "The Apprentice" and all this stuff. But I will get together with him. If there is any news, we’ll of course let you know right away," Schwarzenegger teased.

Arnold Schwarzenegger Meeting With The Predator Director Shane Black

Update: February 27, 2016

Shane Black's THE PREDATOR Gets a March 2, 2018 Release Date

YdV0O6h.jpg

It's official. 20th Century Fox has announced a release date for the fourth Predator film. The next Predator movie will be released on March 2, 2018.

Earlier this month, Fox released the first teaser art for the film. The poster revealed the possible title of the film as The Predator, and it included the phrase, "You'll never see him coming."

The script for The Predator is written by Shane Black (Iron Man 3) and Fred Dekker. Black is also believed to be directing the film.

Last summer, Predator producer John Davis said that Black and Dekker’s script (or what he had read of it) offered a fresh perspective and called it “the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.”

Fox Announces March 2, 2018 Release Date for Shane Black's The Predator

Last edited:
Update: February 15, 2016

First Promo Poster for Shane Black's THE PREDATOR Released

The treatment for The Predator is being handled by Shane Black, co-writing with Fred Dekker. Black is also believed to be directing the film. The image is the first official marketing for the movie, which seems to suggest it has been greenlit

predator_btnd.jpg

New Promo Image from Shane Black's The Predator Released

Update: August 13, 2015

PREDATOR Sequel Will "Reinvent the Franchise" Says Producer

POwXr1E.jpg

Collider recently caught up with producer John Davis at the Television Critics Association where he was discussing his new NBC series The Player, and when asked if the new Predator film was still happening he replied, “Oh yes, you better believe it.” The producer went on to discuss what makes Black’s take so exciting:

“Shane shot a movie and he’s doing a pilot now, but I’ve read a lot of his script and I think it’s genius. I think it’s genius and I think it’s entertaining, and what it did is recreate a famous franchise in a different, interesting way; looking at it from a different light. He’s just an amazing writer-director. He’s got a way of looking at this that makes you excited again. I love this franchise. It was the first movie I ever did. I remember in being in the jungle with Arnold [Schwarzenegger] as a 28-year-old and going, ‘This is a fun business!’…Shane’s amazing. He’s an amazing storyteller.”

“Shane’s got a writing partner, Fred Dekker. They’ve been doing it together and Fred’s great. The two of them together, they’ve been in the business for a long time, but the writing is so fresh, the perspective is so fresh. I’m telling you you’re going to get something you don’t expect and you’re going to say, ‘This is the most entertaining way to reinvent a franchise.’ I mean he’s the guy who wrote Iron Man 3.”

Shane Black’s ‘Predator’ Sequel Will “Reinvent the Franchise”, Says Producer John Davis

Update: June 25, 2014

Shane Black Says His PREDATOR Film is a Sequel, Not a Reboot

Shane-Black-Predator-062514-Dragonlord.jpg

While Shane Black's Predator film was initially reported as being a reboot, Collider recently got in touch with the filmmaker who clarified that he and co-writer Fred Dekker are actually envisioning an "inventive sequel" with this iteration, which is to say it's really not a reboot at all.

"As far as Fred and I are concerned anyway," Black said, adding "Why start over, when you've all this rich mythology yet to mine?" Black said he doesn't like reboots generally, but can "really get behind inventive sequels", noting that he likes "the idea of expanding and exploring the existing Predator mythology, rather than hitting the restart button."

He went on to say that Dekker, who's writing the screenplay, is perfect for the project, adding the two had a blast writing the screenplay for The Monster Squad together. Indeed, the result of their previous collaboration makes the prospect of the new Predator film even more enticing. What Black and Dekker have planned for Predator, however, sounds like something fresh yet in step with the spirit of the original films, and that's worth getting excited about.

Shane Black Says His PREDATOR Film is Not a Reboot But Will Be an Inventive Sequel

Update: June 24, 2014

Shane Black to Write and Direct PREDATOR Reboot for Fox

Shane-Black-Predator-Reboot-Dragonlord.jpg

The '80s action classic Predator is getting the reboot treatment from 20th Century Fox. But before some purists cry foul, they should know that this reboot comes with an interesting attachment: Shane Black, the venerable screenwriter behind Lethal Weapon and writer-director of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Iron Man 3.

Black will write the treatment for the project, then will hand over scripting duties to Fred Dekker, his university chum with whom he wrote 1987's Monster Squad. Black will oversee the writing and is also attached to direct. John Davis, who produced the original with Joel Silver and Lawrence Gordon, is producing the reboot.

Black actually appeared in a minor role as Hawkins (guy with glasses who likes comics) in the original movie and how he became involved is part of Hollywood lore. When Predator was being made in 1986, Black was already a screenwriting prodigy for his Lethal Weapon and Monster Squad scripts. The studio and producers wanted him to polish the script for Predator, which was then in pre-production. Black turned it down.

A few weeks later, they approached him again. Once more, Black said no. Another few weeks went by, and then the studio called again. This time, however, he was told there was a small role in the movie and asked whether he would like to have it. Black said yes. When he arrived to the South American set, the studio execs and producers greeted him and said, "By the way, would you mind taking a look at the script?" Black replied, "I'm still not rewriting it."

Shane Black to Write and Possibly Direct PREDATOR Reboot for 20th Century Fox

Last edited:
Could be fun. Will wait for more details before outrage.

Colour me very interested... Some of the new Predator movies haven't sucked, so, keep 'em coming.

lat time they did this, they had a shit cast. Now if they used the cast from expendables an used the same concept as the first one ill be all for it.

6f353e65b474bfaffb8c5d54ae84.jpg

it needs to be a cast of ultra men

Bunch of slap jawed *********s around here! This stuff will make you a god dammed sexual tyrannosaurus, just like me...

Shane Black was Hawkins in the original, I wonder who he is gonna choose as his replacement:

03.jpg

Bring in the guy that just played the mountain on GOT to be one of the soldiers,

the guys that were in PREDATORS just weren't BA enough.

gotta have dem beefcakes

lat time they did this, they had a shit cast. Now if they used the cast from expendables an used the same concept as the first one ill be all for it.

6f353e65b474bfaffb8c5d54ae84.jpg

it needs to be a cast of ultra men

Why not just watch Predator?

Bring in the guy that just played the mountain on GOT to be one of the soldiers,

the guys that were in PREDATORS just weren't BA enough.

gotta have dem beefcakes

Meh, big does not equal badass. The original cast had at *least* three guys who just oozed machismo - the way they walked, the way they talked, the way they acted. The Mountain? He's a big guy, but I never got that same warm and happy down below vibe from him that I got from several members of the original Predator cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back