Locked THE PREDATOR v.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
gIy62F9.png

mmxibhp.png

The trouble with a lot of sci-fi, including superhero films is they're just not serious.
As i'm typing this Independence Day is on the telly AGAIN! Could of been a really good serious sci- fi movie. 'Hey lets get the guy from Taxi to play a stereotypical jew.'
'Or have nice guy Will Smith or that fucking singer Harry Connick jnr.'
'Let's have humour and also some redneck who flies a bi-plane, yeah that's believable.'

I suppose they make it like that to try and appeal to as many ages as possible, but Alien didn't have humour and one-liners and its was great.
Superhero movies are the worst of course, especially Spiderman and Iron Man varieties.
Sci-fi isn't meant to be funny, it spoils it!!!

Couldn't watch all the trailer for Predator. Vomited when i saw some 'tough guy' give the finger, ooh never seen that before in a movie. I bet somewhere in the film somebody says something about kicking the alien's ass as well, that would be unique. These are two things that occur in American films regularly, ass and the finger. The finger is going up the ass!
I read in a post there is a female predator! I protest about this unless it's a transgender female predator.

Good point. I would've appreciated the effort of Jason Momoa, John Cana and Jason Statham fighting a predator though
They wouldnt ever stand a chance. After their lifeless bodies were spread around the jungle, a 70 year old Arnold would have To show up, perhaps smirk, then get the job done.

I just came back from a matinee showing, andddddd I overall enjoyed it. It was fun.

Do yourselves a favor, and don't give much thought to the trailer. I didn't watch trailers before hand. (just the original sneak peak they showed when they first talked about making this movie)
That trailer is shit, and makes the movie seem pretty cheesy and low budget. It isn't a high brow movie, and there IS some cheese in it, but it isn't like how that trailer presents it. It feels like an updated, fun version of a 90's action movie. It doesn't take itself too serious, but it doesn't go full on cheeseball either.

I was surprised by the quality of the cast. No one really super famous was in it, but all solid B actors that helped immensely elevate what would have otherwise been a C movie.
Pretty solid story (for a Predator movie) , good action, fast paced, and they leave it open to go on for another movie or 3.

I had fun, so i give it a 7.5

My only big gripe with the movie was that I kept going back and forth on how i felt about Olivia Munn's character. She was good, but they needed to decide on a lane with her. She is supposed to be a scientist, or biologist or something in the movie, but once the Predator shows up she is right there with the marines, army, and ranger guys shooting bullets and throwing grenades like she's a Navy Seal. They should have just made her a soldier. Some of the shit she was doing was just ridiculous considering she was just supposed to be a nerd.

Also I didn't really get why that government team thought they needed to kill everyone that came into contact with the aliens. Munn's character iss supposed to be like THE authority on biology, or potential alien life or something, so what sense does it make to kill a person like that, instead of trying to recruit them?

I just came back from a matinee showing, andddddd I overall enjoyed it. It was fun.

Do yourselves a favor, and don't give much thought to the trailer. I didn't watch trailers before hand. (just the original sneak peak they showed when they first talked about making this movie)
That trailer is shit, and makes the movie seem pretty cheesy and low budget. It isn't a high brow movie, and there IS some cheese in it, but it isn't like how that trailer presents it. It feels like an updated, fun version of a 90's action movie. It doesn't take itself too serious, but it doesn't go full on cheeseball either.

I was surprised by the quality of the cast. No one really super famous was in it, but all solid B actors that helped immensely elevate what would have otherwise been a C movie.
Pretty solid story (for a Predator movie) , good action, fast paced, and they leave it open to go on for another movie or 3.

My only big gripe with the movie was that I kept going back and forth on how i felt about Olivia Munn's character. She was good, but they needed to decide on a lane with her. She is supposed to be a scientist, or biologist or something in the movie, but once the Predator shows up she is right there with the marines, army, and ranger guys shooting bullets and throwing grenades like she's a Navy Seal. They should have just made her a soldier. Some of the shit she was doing was just ridiculous considering she was just supposed to be a nerd.

Also I didn't really get why that government team thought they needed to kill everyone that came into contact with the aliens. Munn's character iss supposed to be like THE authority on biology, or potential alien life or something, so what sense does it make to kill a person like that, instead of trying to recruit them?

Got my ticket for thursday night at 10pm

All I want is gore and awesome Predator kills

I don't believe you.

How would you rank it among the previous ones (that you've seen)?

How would you rank it among the previous ones (that you've seen)?
Hmmm. I don't know how helpful my ranking will be since I'm not as big a fan of the series as some here, but, for me, the only one that really meant anything was the original with Arnold.
I would put this one right behind that one.

-Alien vs Predator was the only movie i walked out of a theater on.
-Im pretty sure I fell asleep in the one with Adrien Brody.
-And the one with Danny Glover was forgettable.
This one is easily #2 for me.

I'm always a sucker for these shows, but will probably wait for the PPV or BluRay release.

Im home sick watching a predator marathon. I remember not being impressed with the original predator when i first watched it. While it doesnt have a whole lot of predator story or bwckround, its also what makes it work like halloween. When you start explaining too much it looses it's mystique.

That said i was interested in what alien was doing with prometheus and the backstory in the avp movies for the predators was pretty cool.

I love the original Predator but this looks awful. I may eventually watch it at home if the word of mouth is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back