The proof's in the pudding

The texture of pudding makes it very noticeable if anything that doesn't belong is there

Its a weird one for sure. My dad used to say " you'd bitch if you were hung with a new rope" when I would complain about something. I never got that one either

Maybe the pudding has alcohol in it? Proof referring the % by volume?

or maybe the proof of purchase (which you need to get the 35 cents off when you buy two boxes) fell into the batter, i dunno

Last edited:
Cosby.gif

This really takes the cake

What cake? I don't see any damn cake.

Well, the proof is in the pudding is a new twist on a very old proverb. The original version is the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And what it meant was that you had to try out food in order to know whether it was good.

So, if someone asked if a certain food was good, the usual response would be "the proof is in the pudding" or "you'll never know until you try it."

Well, the proof is in the pudding is a new twist on a very old proverb. The original version is the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And what it meant was that you had to try out food in order to know whether it was good.

So, if someone asked if a certain food was good, the usual response would be "the proof is in the pudding" or "you'll never know until you try it."

Yep the quote is actually “the proof of the pudding is in the eating”. So you have to go through/do something to be able to test/understand it.

Came in hoping for a thread about pudding. Leaving disappointed.

three sheets to the wind... is that a sailing reference? if so, what does it have to do with being drunk other than sailing and drinking go hand in hand?

*edit: go hand in hand? what in the shit is that supposed to mean?

There was a Garfield strip where John Arbuckle drank dog semen

Its a weird one for sure. My dad used to say " you'd bitch if you were hung with a new rope" when I would complain about something. I never got that one either
It sounds like he was egging you on to kill yourself.

This saying is from the bible.

Hagar, an Egyptian handmaid of Sarai, who gave her to Abraham to bear a child, Ishmael was upset with Abraham as he would not make her his wife. In spite she defacated in baby Ishmael's milk. Sarai was outraged and demanded that Abraham kill Hagar but Anraham did not believe Sarai because there was no proof. It was already in the pudding.

Back