THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed.

9qig7m.gif

From the small sample size I have of Bernthal I like him but I still wish this was Thomas Jane's role.

From the small sample size I have of Bernthal I like him but I still wish this was Thomas Jane's role.

Shame his movie was so bad, he was great.

My favorite line from any superhero movie (despite the lame set up)...

And this of course was amazing.

Bootleg Universe is pretty trippy, this is Dredd on Acid.

Aw yeah. Can't wait! Netflix and Marvel has shown they will push it a bit with DD and Jessica Jones.

Punisher series with him hunting down a shitload of mafioso's is a dream come true.

This network made Daredevil work in live action. You're goddamn right I'd love a Punisher series.

He's out of shape now, and I doubt he'd take the role at this point. Marvel wouldn't pay much for a Netflix role.

On a related note, I'm rewatching S1 Daredevil and there's a part in the 4th episode that will always be comical to me. 40 minutes in, there's a scene with Fisk taking Vanessa out on a date. The first time I watched it I was with my GF, and at the same moment that I thought this, she says it...

"In a few shots, he really looks like Rush Limbaugh."

I burst out laughing, one of those laughs that when you stop, you look at eachother and burst out laughing again.

And for reference...

3-5-12-Rush-Limbaugh_full_600.jpg

He's out of shape now, and I doubt he'd take the role at this point. Marvel wouldn't pay much for a Netflix role.

On a related note, I'm rewatching S1 Daredevil and there's a part in the 4th episode that will always be comical to me. 40 minutes in, there's a scene with Fisk taking Vanessa out on a date. The first time I watched it I was with my GF, and at the same moment that I thought this, she says it...

"In a few shots, he really looks like Rush Limbaugh."

I burst out laughing, one of those laughs that when you stop, you look at eachother and burst out laughing again.

And for reference...

24crza1.png

Close, but not quite.

There's a few shots in that specific scene that Fisk really... I mean really looks like him. None of the other shots in any scene has those specific shots that shows a similar likeness between the two.

Close, but not quite.

There's a few shots in that specific scene that Fisk really... I mean really looks like him. None of the other shots in any scene has those specific shots that shows a similar likeness between the two.

Well, I have the video open, but have no earthly idea what moment you're talking about. I'm not that familiar with Rush.

Nice. The Punisher has the most potential out of the Netflix series.

I'm watching Syfy's The Expanse regularly and Thomas Jane still looks good for his age.

Well, I have the video open, but have no earthly idea what moment you're talking about. I'm not that familiar with Rush.

Well, its not a popular view. I haven't heard it anywhere else, including on the internet.

Its just spectacular to me personally because I thought it, and she said it one second later.

I'd be amazed if someone said 'I know what you mean. I thought the same thing.'

I'm watching Syfy's The Expanse regularly and Thomas Jane still looks good for his age.

He still looks good, but he's in his 50s and still bitter Marvel didn't greenlight a punisher sequel while he was still training. Its not easy to maintain that physique. After three or four years he said 'fuck this, find someone else to do Punisher' THEN they greenlighted War Zone. I recall he made a bitter comment about it at some award show.

No way he'd take the role, get back in shape (and that'd be multiple times harder now), for a supporting role in a Netflix show with a option for it to be spinoffed into his own show.

He's been known to make poor career choices. He was originally supposed to play Rick on The Walking Dead when it was going to be on HBO, then HBO dropped it and AMC approved it. HBO offered him the leading role in 'Hung' and he took it over Walking Dead. Hung never had huge ratings and was cancelled after two seasons.

He still looks good, but he's in his 50s and still bitter Marvel didn't greenlight a punisher sequel while he was still training. Its not easy to maintain that physique. After three or four years he said 'fuck this, find someone else to do Punisher' THEN they greenlighted War Zone. I recall he made a bitter comment about it at some award show.

No way he'd take the role, get back in shape (and that'd be multiple times harder now), for a supporting role in a Netflix show with a option for it to be spinoffed into his own show.

He's been known to make poor career choices. He was originally supposed to play Rick on The Walking Dead when it was going to be on HBO, then HBO dropped it and AMC approved it. HBO offered him the leading role in 'Hung' and he took it over Walking Dead. Hung never had huge ratings and was cancelled after two seasons.

Damn can't imagine him as Rick. I think he would have done a damn good job though.

Awesome but would have preferred Thomas Jane.

I think most of us have dream castings for roles. For the options available, Bernthal is the best damn choice. No question.

And after S2 of Daredevil is out, most viewers will share that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back