THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
batman-kenny-south-park-10947088-686-433.jpg

I wonder what background Netflix will give their Punisher. The OG Frank Castle is an ex-Force Recon Marine who served in Vietnam. Obviously, this version is much younger, so if they make him a Vet he'd have seen action in Iraq or Afghanistan. The Ultimate Punisher was ex-NYPD, not Military, and I read somewhere that this Punisher will be an ex-Cop.

He still looks good, but he's in his 50s and still bitter Marvel didn't greenlight a punisher sequel while he was still training. Its not easy to maintain that physique. After three or four years he said 'fuck this, find someone else to do Punisher' THEN they greenlighted War Zone. I recall he made a bitter comment about it at some award show.

No way he'd take the role, get back in shape (and that'd be multiple times harder now), for a supporting role in a Netflix show with a option for it to be spinoffed into his own show.

He's been known to make poor career choices. He was originally supposed to play Rick on The Walking Dead when it was going to be on HBO, then HBO dropped it and AMC approved it. HBO offered him the leading role in 'Hung' and he took it over Walking Dead. Hung never had huge ratings and was cancelled after two seasons.

I'd have to disagree a bit. IMDB only has him at 46 (47 next month)...and 4-6 months of decent diet/training would put have him looking pretty good, I'd think....

I'm really excited to see Jon Bernthal as the Punisher. It's going to be awesome.

I think most of us have dream castings for roles. For the options available, Bernthal is the best damn choice. No question.

And after S2 of Daredevil is out, most viewers will share that opinion.

I am sure Bernthal will kill it, so I am happy in that regard.

As far as past castings? I am now, and forever will be, on Ray Stevens war wagon. He had the PERFECT Punisher look.

I wonder what background Netflix will give their Punisher. The OG Frank Castle is an ex-Force Recon Marine who served in Vietnam. Obviously, this version is much younger, so if they make him a Vet he'd have seen action in Iraq or Afghanistan. The Ultimate Punisher was ex-NYPD, not Military, and I read somewhere that this Punisher will be an ex-Cop.

Ex-cop is more timeless, but it doesn't explain his insane weapons skills.

I was at the gym one day using a hammer machine and someone said are you done with that. I was in the middle of reps and looked around at how someone could be so stupid to think I was done. Then I looked up and kept looking up and said yes sir Im done lol. It was the Russian hit man from the punisher Kevin Nash lives in Daytona and went to my gym. I saw him in there a few times after that and told him how cool he was in the punisher.

I was at the gym one day using a hammer machine and someone said are you done with that. I was in the middle of reps and looked around at how someone could be so stupid to think I was done. Then I looked up and kept looking up and said yes sir Im done lol. It was the Russian hit man from the punisher Kevin Nash lives in Daytona and went to my gym. I saw him in there a few times after that and told him how cool he was in the punisher.

You got to meet Big Daddy Cool?!?!?

Really hope they draw inspiration from the Punisher Max line, that run with Garth Ennis is legendary. Though, I doubt Disney would have the balls to go that far. It had Hard-R-Ratings of violence and burtality.

I'd post pics of my favorite scenes from those comics, but that'd probably push some buttons.

I would agree, but Jessica Jones had a scene with a severed arm being shoved down a garbage disposer all bets are off.

I would agree, but Jessica Jones had a scene with a severed arm being shoved down a garbage disposer all bets are off.
Also some pretty graphic sex scenes. Was not expecting that in a Marvel property.

Add in the scene in Daredevil were Kingpin smashes the Russian dudes head to bits with the car door & its pretty clear the Netflix shows are allowed to push it alot further than the TV shows. Maybe not Hard R, but definitely a notch or 2 above the TV shows or movies.

Nice , Netflix has been on point with the Jones and Daredevil so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back