THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm a fan of VS in the Shows. Reverse Flash and Zoom are GOAT level, though.

Update: April 29, 2016

It's Official: Marvel's THE PUNISHER Series Ordered by Netflix

Punisher-Jon-Bernthal-042916-Dragonlord.jpg

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series. EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen. Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil.

And in case you’re wondering whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.

Marvel's The Punisher Spin-off Ordered by Netflix with Steve Lightfoot as the Showrunner

Update: April 29, 2016

First Teaser Image from Marvel's THE PUNISHER Series at Netflix

RS_Punisher_Series_Coming_RAB_02a.png

Sweet, he stole the show every time he was on DD, Jon was born to Punish. Can't wait.

They would've been insane not to greenlight Bernthal's Punisher series.

You know, they should've just reworked the first half of DDS2 into The Punisher's first season, and let S2 of DD focus more on The Hand. I thought season 2 of Daredevil was a bit uneven due to so much Punisher in the first half.

Not that I'm complaining, it was awesome, but Punisher's arc could've easily been it's own series.
True but now the spinoff can hit the ground running without the incessant "origin story-itis" we always get stuck with.

Aw yeah. Can't wait! Netflix and Marvel has shown they will push it a bit with DD and Jessica Jones.

Punisher series with him hunting down a shitload of mafioso's is a dream come true.
Ya JJ has really pushed it.

Just a few years ago it was considered taboo or pushing the limits to have a black male actor kissing or married to a white female actress and once an explosive male got the lead the scripts were re-written to take out most intimacy.

Now you have an Alpha explosive male taking his lead white actress from behind in very graphic scenes on TV.

God bless progress :}

For sure Jigsaw will be featured as one of the villains in the first season.

Hope some of the episodes will be standalone stories.

I bet Jigsaw is the first main villain but I bet The Russian also makes an appearance throughout the show.

I bet Jigsaw is the first main villain but I bet The Russian also makes an appearance throughout the show.

Any random mob boss with an army of cannon fodder is fine by me.

The trick will be casting the cop who tries to catch him as the reoccurring antagonist

F--- Yeah. Loved him on Daredevil and if Jessica Jones shows up, even better.

Any random mob boss with an army of cannon fodder is fine by me.

The trick will be casting the cop who tries to catch him as the reoccurring antagonist
Is there one in the comics though? Jigsaw, The Russian, and more recently:
Microchip

Are the only recurring antagonists I can remember.

I can't wait for this.

And you're a fucking goody two shoes Capt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back