THE PUNISHER Netflix Series (Season 2 Premiering Jan. 2019)

If you have seen THE PUNISHER season one, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All they need to do is follow Garth Ennis' MAX line. It would be awesome if they started out with Born (obviously replacing early 70s Vietnam with Afghanistan or Iraq in the past decade).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Born_(comics)

Hmmmmm.... Wonder who the villain will be.....
Probably Kingpin, along with various drug dealers and mobsters.
I imagine they'll be saving Bullseye for Daredevil.

Probably Kingpin, along with various drug dealers and mobsters.
I imagine they'll be saving Bullseye for Daredevil.
Jigsaw until Kingpin's release I would wager.

Jigsaw is like the ultimate Punisher styled villain. Dude gets even more fucked after Frank destroys his looks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jigsaw_(Marvel_Comics)

They list the guy on Wiki at least as "Arch enemy"... that's the same shit used for Joker with Batman and Venom with Spidey. Jigsaw was the one tasked by the mob to clean up the pieces of the fucked up hit that killed Frank's family. He also somehow broke Spider-Man's arm later on after his initial introduction too.

Update: April 29, 2016

It's Official: Marvel's THE PUNISHER Series Ordered by Netflix

Punisher-Jon-Bernthal-042916-Dragonlord.jpg

It’s official: The Punisher is getting his own TV series. EW has learned that Marvel has ordered a spin-off starring vigilante character introduced in Daredevil season 2.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as vengeful military veteran Frank Castle, who brings his own lethal form of justice to Hell’s Kitchen. Writer and executive producer Steve Lightfoot (Hannibal, Casualty) will serve as showrunner.

Marvel’s The Punisher marks the sixth series ordered (so far) as part of the collaboration between Netflix and Marvel Television, including the upcoming Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and the ensemble miniseries The Defenders – along with Jessica Jones and the aforementioned Daredevil.

And in case you’re wondering whether Bernthal’s character will also be added to The Defenders lineup, that’s not yet clear – though it seems likely he’ll at least pop in for an appearance.

Marvel's The Punisher Spin-off Ordered by Netflix with Steve Lightfoot as the Showrunner

cheering_minions.gif

just follow punisher max and you'll be perfect. literally don't change anything

This is awesome news. Hope they create their own thing and don't follow any particular comic iteration too closely. Like some others here i'm hoping they use Jigsaw. He's Punisher's #1 villain IMO.

idk why so many people believes kingpin is such a good villain.

seriously, he is insecure, lack of charisma, needed support from his lady friend, actually wanting to do some good for his city, he actually make me feel sympathy for him, which is not good for villain.

i think there are only two type of good villain, one is Joffrey baratheon type of villain, a villain that make me angry and want to punch him in the face, or villain like reverse flash or vandal savage, who make me admire them and cheer for them.

kingpin is neither of them, he actually make me feel sorry for him.

Are you honestly complaining about a villain having too much depth and not being a two-dimensional cliché twirling his moustache while he slowly lowers the hero into the shark tank?

Are you honestly complaining about a villain having too much depth and not being a two-dimensional cliché twirling his moustache while he slowly lowers the hero into the shark tank?

no, but there is a limit on how much emotion you can put in your villain.

kingpin is insecure, abused since he was a child, he scared sometimes and needed his women support, he also actually trying to do good, although his method are evil.

those are something audience can relate too, and i don't really like being able to relate to the villain, those quality are meant for heroes or anti heroes.

there is a reason why the Joker are GOAT villain, because he is totally sick and there is now way most audience can relate to him.

remember anti hero and villain are two very different thing, i don't mind Deadpool, the punisher or Lobo to have something i can relate to.

I just hope they fix up the character mistake they made in DD. Punisher would never hold his gun on an old Marine through the door, cock the hammer back, ready to shoot him if he couldn't talk him out of going out onto the roof. The Punisher's code of morality is central to the character, if he is merely ruthless, it doesn't work at all. Hopefully the series handles the character with more care.

I saw him on DD and think the dude screams too much which could be annoying

I just hope they fix up the character mistake they made in DD. Punisher would never hold his gun on an old Marine through the door, cock the hammer back, ready to shoot him if he couldn't talk him out of going out onto the roof. The Punisher's code of morality is central to the character, if he is merely ruthless, it doesn't work at all. Hopefully the series handles the character with more care.
You quit your nitpicking.

no, but there is a limit on how much emotion you can put in your villain.

kingpin is insecure, abused since he was a child, he scared sometimes and needed his women support, he also actually trying to do good, although his method are evil.

those are something audience can relate too, and i don't really like being able to relate to the villain, those quality are meant for heroes or anti heroes.

there is a reason why the Joker are GOAT villain, because he is totally sick and there is now way most audience can relate to him.

remember anti hero and villain are two very different thing, i don't mind Deadpool, the punisher or Lobo to have something i can relate to.
So he is correct in that you like your villains two dimensional. And that is OK as a personal choice but it is also very limiting.

I would argue that the Joker is not GOAT villain simply because he is not complex and is a random force of nature but rather because he is well written as such. The path to success for every villain should not be to simply template being a 'random, non complex force of nature' as that would get boring quick. Being more complex and having a back story as a villain can work too and put you in that GOAT villain sphere (see Darth Vader amongst many others) . Just as hero's can be both incredible simple (Superman Boyscout) and complex Batman (vigilante).

I thought he explained that he wasn't going to do anything, cocking the gun to where only DD could hear it was to get him to STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back