The race to 3 belts

DC could do it if he decided he didn't want to be fat anymore.

Weight classes differences at the lower end are too substantial to make up for any drop in skill level. If there even is a drop skill level.

I definitely think the first one to do it will be a big MW because MW=good, LHW=shit, HW=super shit.

Lolno. Call me delusional, but GSP will never beat Khabib. When it comes to wrestling and groundwork in general, Khabib has the same gnp from standing in opponent's guard method as GSP, except he has superior top control and better overall takedowns as well as better (half) guard passes due to his use of tripod passes. Khabib's clinch takedowns are second to none as well due to his sambo background on top of his wrestling. GSP can, of course, outstrike him, but no way this fight stays on the feet. The moment GSP tries to wrestle with Khabib, he is going to be outmatched, since Khabib has more tools to score takedowns (single/double legs, sambo trips and throws from the clinch, takedowns against the cage), has superior top control, superior guard passes AND superior (or at the very least equivalent GnP). I'm not taking into account submissions, because neither fighter is likely to get subbed.

I haven’t followed kahibs career, so help me understand who the better grapplers are that kahib beat, that are better than the grapplers gsp best and how kahibs grappling pedigree is better than theirs?

Who are the Hughes,Fitch,koscheck,Hendricks of kahibs past he beat?

Me personally I see kahib being the easiest fight for George at 55’.

He’s mainly a grappler, that’s smaller and less accomplished than the grapplers that gsp has already beaten?

Conor is fast, gsp is old and much slower than he once was. I see Conor’s speed being more of a problem for gsp than kahibs grappling.

Gsp threw SONNEN around more than once in training. I can’t see kahib giving him much trouble at all honestly because of the stylistic matchup.

How so? Conor would be the first lineal champ he would have beaten, thats only 145 and 155?

Edit: Never mind, realized you meant GSP, just they way the sentence was written confused me.

That would be pretty cool though

My bad lol

Back