The rankings always got some shocking changes

Mmmmmmma1234

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I figured after the ban overturn we see JDS return but #15 it's like these writers forgot who this man is.

Kelvin last two wins have also led to some joke ranking Bisping was #1 after just losing the title, and the loss moved up the entire division and dropped Bisping to #8 moving Kelvin up 1 spot, now the same happened with the #2 Jacare he drops 3 spots while tko'd rockhold is #2 and bench warmer Chris move up.
Machida however leaps up 3 spots for win over retired Belfort. See the difference?

And 8lbs over wight Dern beats an unranked can ABC, and get ranked.

Meh, this is nothing new, the UFC rankings have always been a popularity contest.
Some fighters can actually lose their way up the rankings.

Just building a basis for whatever fights they're working on

UFC rankings. Where you can become famous for looking good on camera.

Nobody should take the rankings seriously

Said it before, say it again.... Julieanne Pena hasn’t fought in a year and a half and is currently pregnant and is still ranked #3, going up from #2 lol. The rankings have never made any sense, it’s all politics and money.

Just building a basis for whatever fights they're working on
Exactly this. Prime example: Paul Felder, love the guy, not hating in the least: but a few weeks back - not ranked at all, hasn’t fought in 6 months and somehow goes to #14. I suspect to promote hype around his fight with Vick. Countless other examples of this.

One thing that is never shocking about the rankings....

ZYqXWP.png

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Dead division

UFC rankings are as useful as tits on a bull.

The rankings mean so little, they'll literally jumble them around sometimes depending on who's fighting that week. The rankings are meant to give casuals some sense of who the guys are that are fighting. They're not really intended for hardcores. If they were, they wouldn't be total shit.

I blame this guy...

bpdanasmoke.gif

Back