The real Social Privilege Hierarchy in Modern Society

This is stupid.

(1) There is nothing (nothing) worse than being born a really ugly woman. You are pretty much guaranteed a life of misery. If you're an ugly man, you can become rich or famous and land an attractive mate and achieve elite social status. If you are born a truly hideous woman, you will never find full happiness: even if you become very professionally successful, 99.99% of men will not give you the time of day, and your prospects are limited to men that are not only physical undesirable, but socially/intellectually undesirable as well, since ugly-but-capable men will be swinging upward.

I'm surprised you would go all in on such simplistic stereotypes.

The google-eyed gal who looks like her pa seemed to do alright - snagged an average looking guy who works as a six-figure political consultant. And he gave her babies.

sarah-sanders-family-with-donald-trump-melania-trump.jpg

Now, you want to see something really gruesome I discovered while searching that photo? Check out the Huckabee sons...

b4ac4f44-e8e3-456e-8b32-050fb473e7b3large.jpeg

I'm surprised you would go all in on such simplistic stereotypes.

The google-eyed gal who looks like her pa seemed to do alright - snagged an average looking guy who works as a six-figure political consultant. And he gave her babies.

sarah-sanders-family-with-donald-trump-melania-trump.jpg

Now, you want to see something really gruesome I discovered while searching that photo? Check out the Huckabee sons...

b4ac4f44-e8e3-456e-8b32-050fb473e7b3large.jpeg

Sanders is not a very attractive woman, but she's not stupidly ugly. I'm not talking about less than perfect-looking. I'm talking borderline disfigured ugly. I'm not going to post pictures, because that's just perpetuating what I'm talking about, but you can obviously think of plenty of women that you've seen that are far more unfortunate looking than she.

Like Trotsky said there are too many overlapping categories. I like simplicity and being succinct so this is my breakdown.

1. Class privilege. Beautiful or not, male or female, if you're a member of the elite you have a leg up on the other two.

2. Majority privilege. The nail that sticks out gets hammered. Members of this group blend in and so tend to fly under the radar and are camouflaged and automatically accepted by the rest of the herd.

3. Cultural privilege. Think south east Asians with an intact nuclear family that demand PHDs.

Depending on the society 2 and 3 can be interchangeable or on the same level. We could beat this topic to death over the next 50 pages, but that's my two cents.

This world needs to rediscover the definition of "privilege".

This world needs to rediscover the definition of "privilege".

noun
  1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
I struggle to understand how it's difficult for people to grasp that, in a pluralistic and imperfect society, some traits are naturally advantageous. To be born rich grants an advantage over those born into poverty. To be born to the majority ethnic group grants an advantage over those born to a minority ethnic group. To be born attractive and able-bodied grants an advantage over those born unsightly or disabled.

As a straight man of color, I have more social privilege than women of color, gay men of color, disabled persons of color - and I don't feel that being conscious of that advantage is disparaging to me at all. I struggle to see how others can either (a) not understand the concept or (b) understand it but take it as a personal slight.

That is pretty general. I sure you can break down each category especially the top one much further.

This is stupid.

(1) There is nothing (nothing) worse than being born a really ugly woman. You are pretty much guaranteed a life of misery. If you're an ugly man, you can become rich or famous and land an attractive mate and achieve elite social status. If you are born a truly hideous woman, you will never find full happiness: even if you become very professionally successful, 99.99% of men will not give you the time of day, and your prospects are limited to men that are not only physical undesirable, but socially/intellectually undesirable as well, since ugly-but-capable men will be swinging upward. Even if you are "rich/successful" as a woman, if you look like Michael Moore, you're fucked.

If you're an ugly man, you can still at least

(2) Rich white men still have it better than rich men of color, even if only marginally - at least in majority white countries. I've talked on here before about the surplus value of whiteness that even the most affluent of POC cannot access.

Or the seemingly arbitrary mutual grouping of descriptors that may otherwise overlap.
There are more childless men than women and childless men are more depressed than childless women.

There are also more single men than single women and single women are more content than single men.

An ugly heffer of the female species can easily score on a night out but an ugly man will have to go home and post on Sherdog instead.

There are more childless men than women and childless men are more depressed than childless women.

There are also more single men than single women and single women are more content than single men.

An ugly heffer of the female species can easily score on a night out but an ugly man will have to go home and post on Sherdog instead.

Again, I'm not talking about just unattractive: I'm talking about face like a barn door type deal.

I will say, as I have several times before, that one plight that disparately affects men for sex-based reasons is homelessness. Like 90% of homeless persons are men, and it's systemic and tied to several traits of and suppositions about men.

Class A Privileges:
1. Socioeconomic status
2. Citizenship/PR status
3. Health
4. Living during modern times.

Class B Privileges:
1. Attractiveness
2. Caring parents/good upbringing
3. Intelligence

Class C Privileges:
1. Race

Class D Privileges:
1. Sexual orientation

Class F Privileges:
1. Gender
2. Athleticism
n. Other general gifts and talents

Note: This list doesn't take into account extreme outliers. "Athleticism" would be more along the lines of being able to excel at high school sports rather than something more extreme like being Lebron James.

Last edited:
I struggle to see how others can either (a) not understand the concept or (b) understand it but take it as a personal slight.

Because life is much more complex that these simplified categories you have chosen. There are numerous women/ gays/ whatever of colour who have and will continue to have a more " privileged " life than you or me or anyone else You simply cant see this because you are being intellectually lazy.

This same laziness is what results in people like you clinging onto an absurd outdated concept like Marxism due to the simple fact is stands in opposition to our own shitty corrupt governing system. You see there has to be a quick and easy answer to everything with someone with your thought process that is why you cant fathom why someone who hasn't experienced a privilege you are alluding to gets annoyed when you make countless assumptions about their life.

Let me simplify this for you and my fellow sherdog colleagues . How hard is it to not be a cunt and realize your life experience is but a mere little minuscule bubble of this vast world out there and countless others are going to have experiences that vary dramatically.

If someone cant read this last paragraph and it sinks in then theres no helping them.

Cuckiest thread around... weird as well.

However, I oddly agree with the premise. The white privilege thing is a scapegoat and what you put makes more sense, however a majority privilege overall is really the main factor in every country if we are actually talking human privilege.

Nobody can disagree with point 1.
Not that point 1, the very first point 1.

However, even though it was just a TV show, remember when Stringer Bell tries to break into 'their' world'?

Money isn't everything. Who you got dirt on helps a lot.
Clay has less money but more political power.

Because life is much more complex that these simplified categories you have chosen. There are numerous women/ gays/ whatever of colour who have and will continue to have a more " privileged " life than you or me or anyone else You simply cant see this because you are being intellectually lazy.

This same laziness is what results in people like you clinging onto an absurd outdated concept like Marxism due to the simple fact is stands in opposition to our own shitty corrupt governing system. You see there has to be a quick and easy answer to everything with someone with your thought process that is why you cant fathom why someone who hasn't experienced a privilege you are alluding to gets annoyed when you make countless assumptions about their life.

Let me simplify this for you and my fellow sherdog colleagues . How hard is it to not be a cunt and realize your life experience is but a mere little minuscule bubble of this vast world out there and countless others are going to have experiences that vary dramatically.

If someone cant read this last paragraph and it sinks in then theres no helping them.

This post is so chalked full of unrealized irony that it's hard to muster a response. So I'll break it down to try and cover all the bases.

(a) Yes, persons differ on an individual basis: any toddler can observe that. That does not negate, however, disparate experience along the lines of race, class, sex, and sexual orientation that can be qualitatively and quantitatively observed.

(b) It is not "intellectually lazy" to observe observable phenomena. It's lazy to do what you're doing: pretending that they do not exist because there are exceptions to them and because they are not traceable to an absolute caste system. You are saying that exceptions to a rule define and disprove it: that is illogical.

(c) I know that you don't have even a remote understanding of Marxism, but your statement is nevertheless incoherent and inscrutable, so I'll politely request that you reorient yourself and restate it in readable terms.

(d) Observing a phenomenon of privilege does not make assumptions about your personal life, other than the assumption that you have not had to consider certain and narrow obstacles directly related to that privilege. As has been stated, the many descriptors and variables in a person's life, from where and how they grew up, to their own personal tragedies and so on, can be and are given proper consideration. For instance, a poor black man may well have faced an easier time than rich white man who suffers from a learning disability, a behavioral illness, etc.

(e) You don't need to "simplify" anything for anyone. That's your problem, it seems: that you think the world is a heck of a lot more simple than it actually is. You think that exceptions to a phenomenon disprove it. You also think that the relative importance of social issues within a galactic context should render some nihilistic antipathy toward observing and correcting them. That is the position of intellectual laziness.

noun
  1. 1.
    a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.
I struggle to understand how it's difficult for people to grasp that, in a pluralistic and imperfect society, some traits are naturally advantageous. To be born rich grants an advantage over those born into poverty. To be born to the majority ethnic group grants an advantage over those born to a minority ethnic group. To be born attractive and able-bodied grants an advantage over those born unsightly or disabled.

As a straight man of color, I have more social privilege than women of color, gay men of color, disabled persons of color - and I don't feel that being conscious of that advantage is disparaging to me at all. I struggle to see how others can either (a) not understand the concept or (b) understand it but take it as a personal slight.
I struggle to understand how it's difficult for even a child to grasp the concept of a makeover.

This post is so chalked full of unrealized irony that it's hard to muster a response. So I'll break it down to try and cover all the bases.

(a) Yes, persons differ on an individual basis: any toddler can observe that. That does not negate, however, disparate experience along the lines of race, class, sex, and sexual orientation that can be qualitatively and quantitatively observed.

(b) It is not "intellectually lazy" to observe observable phenomena. It's lazy to do what you're doing: pretending that they do not exist because there are exceptions to them and because they are not traceable to an absolute caste system. You are saying that exceptions to a rule define and disprove it: that is illogical.

(c) I know that you don't have even a remote understanding of Marxism, but your statement is nevertheless incoherent and inscrutable, so I'll politely request that you reorient yourself and restate it in readable terms.

(d) Observing a phenomenon of privilege does not make assumptions about your personal life, other than the assumption that you have not had to consider certain and narrow obstacles directly related to that privilege. As has been stated, the many descriptors and variables in a person's life, from where and how they grew up, to their own personal tragedies and so on, can be and are given proper consideration. For instance, a poor black man may well have faced an easier time than rich white man who suffers from a learning disability, a behavioral illness, etc.

(e) You don't need to "simplify" anything for anyone. That's your problem, it seems: that you think the world is a heck of a lot more simple than it actually is. You think that exceptions to a phenomenon disprove it. You also think that the relative importance of social issues within a galactic context should render some nihilistic antipathy toward observing and correcting them. That is the position of intellectual laziness.

Was gonna try to point by point this but it's too ridiculous to even try.

You said the same stupid thing from A to E.

This is part of a sentence in your pretentious reply:

"galactic context should render some nihilistic antipathy"

I'm not too religious so, Jesus fucking Christ.

Was gonna try to point by point this but it's too ridiculous to even try.

You said the same stupid thing from A to E.

Well, you gave it the old high school try. I can respect knowing when you're ill-equipped.

Well, you gave it the old high school try. I can respect knowing when you're ill-equipped.

Right. Who could keep up with such amazing concepts lol.

Can they really be quantified or qualified? Hmmm, one must wonder.

Observing is in itself lazy is it not? Hmmm, one might think so.

Inscrutable and reorient? Really?

Hmmm, one might think so if one were so inclined.

(a) Yes, persons differ on an individual basis: any toddler can observe that. That does not negate, however, disparate experience along the lines of race, class, sex, and sexual orientation that can be qualitatively and quantitatively observed..

Ah so the old i'll just pretend these experiences that differ from my world view are just rare instances in life that cant be used as an example. Why i am i not surprised that is what you resorted to.

(b) It is not "intellectually lazy" to observe observable phenomena. It's lazy to do what you're doing: pretending that they do not exist because there are exceptions to them and because they are not traceable to an absolute caste system.

I did not pretend they don't exist. I am not simplifying life for the sake of playing the oppression olympics. And that is what this all boils down to. People like you want to create a scorecard and rack up as many points as they can to help their own argument rather than acting like a grown adult and addressing social issues rationally

(c) I know that you don't have even a remote understanding of Marxism,

Oh come on Trotsky my boy. You were dense enough to fall for that comical North Korean level Propaganda that the average Cuban is privy to this stellar healthcare when the reality is their hospitals resemble the average trick stop bathroom here in America. Gullibility such as this needs to be highlighted because it shows a pattern of behavior that leads one to buy into this whole privilege argument . You have highlighted more than once that your thought process is incredibly simplistic.

Observing a phenomenon of privilege does not make assumptions about your personal life,

See this is whats comical the whole privilege argument crowd come back with well " Well okay I'm not talking about you man so relax!" well who the ever living fuck are you talking to then? Your side continually broaches the subject to general run of the mill ass honkeys who by your own admission likely did not experience these benefits. But you still cant grasp or feign ignorance when they get annoyed at you incorrectly assuming what they have and have not experienced lol.

This is almost bordering on the other poster with his Hispanic inferiority paranoia thread. The argument rests on a mysterious " They" being out there and a " They" feeling this way yet they never happen to be available at hand so anyone who resembles " They" will do for the sake of satisfying your own bitching and moaning.

Did you really just " I know you are but what am i" me?

<bball1>

<bball1><bball1><bball1><bball1>

Last edited:
Back