The Reality of the Rise of an Intolerant and Radical Left on Campus

I agree with everything except your sig:

Canadiens: 26-35 (lol)
Leafs: 42-23

It's our year
<LikeReally5><{outtahere}>

Remember that time you were up like 3-0 in the third of a must win game and let the B's score like 4 goals in the span of 2 minutes or some crazy shit?

Pepperidge Farm members.

LONG POST:
Last night this chick named Faith Goldy was invited by the Laurier Society For Open Inquiry to hold a talk on the campus I work at as a part of the Unpopular Opinion Speaker Series hosted by Lindsay Shepard. It's our third meeting. The last two meetings was a video presentation about the "pronoun debate", the other was a talk by Alberta lawyer James Kitchen from the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

I only knew a bit about Ms. Goldy. She's an ex-Rebel Media (If Fox News is a bike, Rebel Media is a trike- but at least it's Canadian content!) chick who makes her money by being one of those brash Ann Coulter-types.

She was suppose to talk about immigration, border security, multiculturalism and white ethnocide. It sounded like it would be interesting (I've always found the white genocide types to be pretty hilarious, in the same way most people these days who screech their tailored victim-narratives, are.)

Faith was supposed to speak at 700pm but by 600pm there were already a few hundred people at the quad. The protesters brought drums and signs and trotted out a chick Native speaker who informed us that we we all on stolen land, then started speaking Native. Everybody cheered. But in terms of demographics it was mostly white kids, bitching about other white people, about white racism towards PoC.

Aside for myself there may have been maybe ten people who were black, and a sprinkling of central asians. It was kind of weird. People kept giving me knowing nods and trying to fist bump me.

A few cops and campus security dudes milled around, but It was actually fairly tame at that point. The vibe was almost festive.

At 6:45 there was a huge, huge lineup at the Paul Martin Centre. Including myself, I think there is maybe 40 people in LSOI, and we got priority seating, however, we were told that the plan on the protestors part was to bring as many people as they could into the room as to exceed the fire code (300 max), and then make as much of nuisance as possible.

Before the talk could really get underway someone pulled the fire alarm and some representatives of Antifa showed up. A few blasts of an airhorn, shouting, a bit of a scuffle and....the decision was then made to shut it down.

Just like that.

I was kind of pissed: I wanted to hear what this chick was all about. I mean, as a child of immigrants, I wanted to know what her beef with immigrants was, if she had any decent
arguments, and if there was any validity to her complaints. I wanted to understand where all the Bloodworth's and RIPWarriors of the world are coming from, if there was any basis to their ceaseless mewlings and dark prophecies about racial dynamics in the West. I was also very interested to see how she would address the accusations of racism made against her. Ezra Levant had to fire her (he's like the Canadian version of....Hannity? He heads up Rebel Media) for interviewing and being too chummy with Nazi's during the Charlotteville protests last summer.

But a bunch of 20 year old's in combat boots, air horn, masks and red and black flags, made that decision for me.

I was kind of pissed. So I confronted some of them outside. It was the first time I've ever talked to any of those Antifa people. It was very brief and went exactly like this:

Me: "What's with mask, pussy?
Child: "We're the good guys!"
Me: "But if you are the good guys then why are you pussy's wearing masks?"
Child: "Because of surveillance-capitalism."
Me: lol

29425744_181384062654374_7905850450409160704_n.jpg

29433086_181384099321037_3032122928155066368_n.jpg

29542043_181384182654362_1162483592161394688_n.jpg

29512632_181384509320996_4340113827552034816_n.jpg

They were pretty insufferable in the way people who deal in ideological absolutes are. They reminded me of a screaming baby that won't stop crying, no matter how you much you try to console it. Eventually you have gently put it on the bed, leave the room, and breath for five minutes and let it hopefully cry itself out.

And I think that's what Canadian society is doing right now in this age of rockstar-activism. The majority of Canadians that actually have to work for a living are being as patient as can be.

But after events in Hamilton, and after actually speaking to some of the protestors and the Black Bloc/Antifa LARP dudes, my feeling is that eventually they are gonna go too far. And then it's a shaken baby syndrome for their ass. And I think it's inevitable.

Their sense of victimhood is linked to some hazy a sense of entitlement which is fuelled through the obsequiousness and pandering of the media and our current federal government.

My fear is that eventually the pendulum will swing the other way.

Great story and thanks for sharing ...

I have similar ones from my college ...
I will share later .

LOL at the commie who asked us to stop using Marxist as an pejorative.

As soon as the word pejorative was typed, you had outed yourself comrade.

<LikeReally5><{outtahere}>

Remember that time you were up like 3-0 in the third of a must win game and let the B's score like 4 goals in the span of 2 minutes or some crazy shit?

Pepperidge Farm members.

In the spirit of not derailing the thread I'm just gonna say that: Identify as a Leafs fan. I've always known i was a leafs fan, even before puberty...while other kids wore their Canucks jersey or nodded in sage agreement with the mean priest in the short animation "the Sweater ", I was comforted by the fact that Rick Vaive had the hardest slapshot in the NHL, that Mike Palmateer was the greatest goalie in the league, and that Harold Ballard, was in fact, an actual for-real devil. Being a Leafs fan in any place outside the GTA is like being gay in Saudi Arabia and your words are offensive, harmful and problematic and I highly suggest that you examine the "postionality" of your unchecked privilege.

Also:

As the Kings set up on the power play, I was down by the far circle, away from the puck. In my brain, this is what I was processing:

Gretzky gets the puck. He shoots it, and my eyes go to the net. But Jamie Macoun blocks it. The puck rebounds between Gretzky and Doug Gilmour. When my eyes go back to Gretzky, I see a motion. Gilmour goes down. Did Gretzky’s stick follow through and catch him? Gilmour’s bent over now. He’s got blood on his chin.

And I have no idea what happened. That’s a helpless, helpless feeling. Under the 1993 rules, if Gretzky high-sticks Gilmour and it draws blood, it’s a five-minute major. He’s gone. It was a huge call to make — a worse one to miss.

Guys from both teams were skating up to me. It didn’t smell right. I should have known when I saw Gretzky skating away. Whenever there was a dispute, Gretz was always at the forefront arguing his side of it. But this time, he kind of slinked away. That was uncharacteristic. That should have tipped me off. But to be honest, I was attempting to roll back the play in my mind, over and over, looking for some measure of recall that would provide the evidence I needed.

I’m starting to think, Did I miss this?

I skated to my linesmen and said, “Guys, help me out.”

Rob Finn had the balls of an elephant.

He said, “Kerry, I didn’t see it. I was looking through their backs.”

Kevin Collins, who had conducted the end zone face-off said, “Well… I dunno.”

I had to make a decision. In referee school, they hammer it into you: Call what you see. Don’t guess. The honest to God truth is, I didn’t see it. I had to eat it. I said, “No penalty.”

The next faceoff, Gretzky stays in the game and scores to win it. He went on to have the game of his career in Game 7, and the Kings went to the finals. At the time, I had no idea the call would follow me for the rest of my life.

After the game, the NHL’s director of officiating Brian Lewis came into the referee’s room and said, “Good job tonight, guys.” We really thought we got it right. There weren’t all the slow-motion cameras like they have today. It wasn’t until the next day that I saw another angle of the play on television. You could clearly see Gretzky high-sticking Gilmour.

It was missed. Period.

It was agony for Leafs fans. I understand the passion, the emotion and the frustration that Leafs fans have endured. They felt it was their time. When people come up to me and ask about it now, I just try to have a conversation with them. If I had one opportunity to turn back the hands of time for a “do over” it would be to catch that high-stick.

I accepted being hated — I probably played into it sometimes — but what I struggled with was being misunderstood. It troubles me that people would think I avoided making a call because of the star-status of Gretz or any potential ramifications to me personally. It’s just not who I am or how I’m wired.
-
Kerry "fuckface" Fraser

Before I turned my back on animism I used to want stick pins in eyes of a Kerry Fraser doll

A few things....

I wouldnt suggest the left, as it exists today, is more willing to challenge a broken system. I wouldnt even suggest they are challenging anything. The whole battle from the left today is misguided and cowardly. Rather than challenge the economic status quo, it fights a safe war over identity in the safe places of college campuses.

The right is very active. From the tea party to the Trump party, they are online and networking on a whole other level.

I wouldn't interpret protests as activism or anything meaningful at all. The left is stuck in this spider hole from the sixties "go out and bang your drums and sing" sorry, doesn't work and no one cares.

Trump's election did not hinge on the GOP base, he had the base because the base falls in line on Tuesday. It hinged on voters who used to vote Democrat throughout the rust belt, the very people the Clinton machine abandoned.

As far as the base goes, voting for Trump was tied to absolving themselves of their guilt for supporting Bush and Cheney.

Everyone knows the system is broken. The disagreement surrounds what is breaking it. And neither side is really addressing that.

I disagree with specific points. First, the idea that left isn't challenging anything is incorrect. What you call a safe war over identity is far broader and certainly includes questioning the economic status quo. The economic status quo is at the root of their issues with gender wage gaps, education opportunities for minorities, etc. Those identity related issues all tie back into how the economic pie is divided. Whether or not you agree with why the left is raising those specific challenges or even if those things need to be challenged is a completely different question. Obviously, some people don't think those areas require challenge.

The right is active but not against the "system". They're active against the left. They are generally complicit with the system, at least prior to Trump. Even the Tea Party didn't challenge the system, instead they doubled down on the existing system and challenged changing it.

And Trump's election did hinge on the GOP base. It hinged on convincing them that the existing establishment Republicans were not capable of protecting their interests. This is at the primary level, which is where the base's opinion on their leadership matters.

Everyone agrees that the system is flawed. My point is that the overt challenges by the left suggest more of a willingness to to reform the system. And again, not saying it's the most likely explanation but given how much everyone says the system if flawed - how people respond to the flaws is certainly worth exploring.

Isn't it just that the right is by definition more OK with the status quo? Though today's right in America is increasingly radical rather than conservative.

Normally, I would say yes. But the zeitgeist of selecting Trump over status quo guys like Cruz, Jeb Bush, Rubio, etc. indicates that the right was absolutely not OK with the status quo. It was the often repeated mantra during the primaries - that the establishment had let them down.

Well, that didn't happen overnight. It had been happening for quite some time. They simply never proactively did anything about it. And that is very different from having a disagreement with the left. That was a disagreement with the established system by the right but never really expressed.

By contrast, the left has constantly mobilized their voices over the things they felt were wrong with the system. They didn't sit around and wait for the perfect anti-establishment candidate to finally express their displeasure.

To my way of thinking on this solitary point, both sides were extremely displeased with the system. Some people simply took it and some people tried to fight it. It's not a judgment on the quality of that fight or even if they were fighting the right thing, only that one group was fighting proactively and the other group wasn't.

And yes that is in part because conservatives are more OK with the status quo. But the most recent election is like looking into the mind of someone who most certainly no longer ok with it. Random analogy: It's like 2 guys who hate their marriage. One guy goes out and tries to change the elements of the relationship, maybe even gets a divorce. The other guy just stays in the unhappy relationship, not saying anything. Then when an opportunity to cheat comes along, he takes it and justifies it by stating "I haven't been happy for a long time and this is my chance to show it."

The far left create the far right and vise versa, it’s a extreme political feedback loop.

I don’t like either...like two kids who won’t shut the fuck up.

On one end,I agree in a system that gives everyone a fair chance....everyone is key word. Wether right or left ,everyone should be able to voice there opinions.

Are they not ? I would venture that they are much, much more neo-liberal than they believe, even if they like to see themselves as some sort of revolutionaries.

They are for open borders, are they not ? Free movement of workers goes hand-in-hand with a deregulated labor market.

Aren't they against any form of protectionism, because they see it as nationalism/populism ?

They elect the parties that are the most in favour of free-trade, don't they, while they oppose the parties that want to limit it (think Trump/Brexit/Front National/etc.).

I could go on and on, but I really have the feeling that they are the free trade capitalists' most useful idiots, currently.

Just wanted to add : it is also what explains that big companies try to cater to these people. Their ideology converges with big companies' interests, which in turn explains why the media are playing along.

College SJWs tend to be against free trade in my experience. They think NAFTA was bad and were very much against TPP.

The mainstream Dems have embraced it over the past couple of decades but that was always Republican principle.

I'm a decade removed from college but I never actually met somebody that was vocally for open boarders.

There are people that are sympathetic to refugee communities and others that look at illegal immigrants status kind of like "adverse possession" where if you've been here for years ans obeying the laws they don't want to kick you out.

It's fucking hilarious because being black at some point your going to run into the white guy who is trying way to hard to be down with you just cause your black.

I remember I was rolling on XTC once and my friend brought his much older friend to hang out with us. We were like 17-18 this guy was late 28. The guy was harassing me all night telling me I'm cool and he likes me cause he knows I know what's up unlike the rest of the people in the house. It was just freaking me out and I was trying to enjoy my high.
Lots of these types are on Sherdog, its comedy.

College SJWs tend to be against free trade in my experience. They think NAFTA was bad and were very much against TPP.

The mainstream Dems have embraced it over the past couple of decades but that was always Republican principle.

I'm a decade removed from college but I never actually met somebody that was vocally for open boarders.

There are people that are sympathetic to refugee communities and others that look at illegal immigrants status kind of like "adverse possession" where if you've been here for years ans obeying the laws they don't want to kick you out.

Would you not agree that the "populist" side (Trump, Brexit, Putin, Le Pen) is currently the side challenging free-trade ?

And that therefore, by opposing this "populist" side, said SJWs are in fact promoting free-trade?

I think the establishment has been very successful at portraying the "populist" side as evil and racist, so as to use PC-speech as a tool to neutralise attempts to challenge free-trade. It's a rather obvious diversion IMO.

Would you not agree that the "populist" side (Trump, Brexit, Putin, Le Pen) is currently the side challenging free-trade ?

And that therefore, by opposing this "populist" side, said SJWs are in fact promoting free-trade?

I think the establishment has been very successful at portraying the "populist" side as evil and racist, so as to use PC-speech as a tool to neutralise attempts to challenge free-trade. It's a rather obvious diversion IMO.

I can't speak for Europe but Clinton had to abandon the TPP to win the Dem primary.

SJWs are typically aligned with the Democratic party but would be Left of the party establishment.

The GOP has openly promoted Free Trade and if Obama or Hillary were going to pass it they were going to have to rely on major Republican support because it's not popular with the Dem base.

I'm sure there are SJWs that are opposing Trump's tariffs purely because it's Trump but most of the GOP legislature is opposing him.

If you go to American Conservative message board like r/conservative they were agaunst it or silent.

Their are obviously Trump fans cheering about it but those are the people that endorse all of his actions.

Also "populist" doesn't really have the same connotation over here. Bernie Sanders is considered a Populist and an SJW in America.

LONG POST:
Last night this chick named Faith Goldy was invited by the Laurier Society For Open Inquiry to hold a talk on the campus I work at as a part of the Unpopular Opinion Speaker Series hosted by Lindsay Shepard. It's our third meeting. The last two meetings was a video presentation about the "pronoun debate", the other was a talk by Alberta lawyer James Kitchen from the Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms.

I only knew a bit about Ms. Goldy. She's an ex-Rebel Media (If Fox News is a bike, Rebel Media is a trike- but at least it's Canadian content!) chick who makes her money by being one of those brash Ann Coulter-types.

She was suppose to talk about immigration, border security, multiculturalism and white ethnocide. It sounded like it would be interesting (I've always found the white genocide types to be pretty hilarious, in the same way most people these days who screech their tailored victim-narratives, are.)

Faith was supposed to speak at 700pm but by 600pm there were already a few hundred people at the quad. The protesters brought drums and signs and trotted out a chick Native speaker who informed us that we we all on stolen land, then started speaking Native. Everybody cheered. But in terms of demographics it was mostly white kids, bitching about other white people, about white racism towards PoC.

Aside for myself there may have been maybe ten people who were black, and a sprinkling of central asians. It was kind of weird. People kept giving me knowing nods and trying to fist bump me.

A few cops and campus security dudes milled around, but It was actually fairly tame at that point. The vibe was almost festive.

At 6:45 there was a huge, huge lineup at the Paul Martin Centre. Including myself, I think there is maybe 40 people in LSOI, and we got priority seating, however, we were told that the plan on the protestors part was to bring as many people as they could into the room as to exceed the fire code (300 max), and then make as much of nuisance as possible.

Before the talk could really get underway someone pulled the fire alarm and some representatives of Antifa showed up. A few blasts of an airhorn, shouting, a bit of a scuffle and....the decision was then made to shut it down.

Just like that.

I was kind of pissed: I wanted to hear what this chick was all about. I mean, as a child of immigrants, I wanted to know what her beef with immigrants was, if she had any decent
arguments, and if there was any validity to her complaints. I wanted to understand where all the Bloodworth's and RIPWarriors of the world are coming from, if there was any basis to their ceaseless mewlings and dark prophecies about racial dynamics in the West. I was also very interested to see how she would address the accusations of racism made against her. Ezra Levant had to fire her (he's like the Canadian version of....Hannity? He heads up Rebel Media) for interviewing and being too chummy with Nazi's during the Charlotteville protests last summer.

But a bunch of 20 year old's in combat boots, air horn, masks and red and black flags, made that decision for me.

I was kind of pissed. So I confronted some of them outside. It was the first time I've ever talked to any of those Antifa people. It was very brief and went exactly like this:

Me: "What's with mask, pussy?
Child: "We're the good guys!"
Me: "But if you are the good guys then why are you pussy's wearing masks?"
Child: "Because of surveillance-capitalism."
Me: lol

29425744_181384062654374_7905850450409160704_n.jpg

29433086_181384099321037_3032122928155066368_n.jpg

29542043_181384182654362_1162483592161394688_n.jpg

29512632_181384509320996_4340113827552034816_n.jpg

They were pretty insufferable in the way people who deal in ideological absolutes are. They reminded me of a screaming baby that won't stop crying, no matter how you much you try to console it. Eventually you have gently put it on the bed, leave the room, and breath for five minutes and let it hopefully cry itself out.

And I think that's what Canadian society is doing right now in this age of rockstar-activism. The majority of Canadians that actually have to work for a living are being as patient as can be.

But after events in Hamilton, and after actually speaking to some of the protestors and the Black Bloc/Antifa LARP dudes, my feeling is that eventually they are gonna go too far. And then it's a shaken baby syndrome for their ass. And I think it's inevitable.

Their sense of victimhood is linked to some hazy a sense of entitlement which is fuelled through the obsequiousness and pandering of the media and our current federal government.

My fear is that eventually the pendulum will swing the other way.

Something tells me you never really read RIPWarrior's posts. He was warning people.

He was right about mass immigration and multiculturalism and how it fragments a country and creates problems and there's plenty of evidence that supports this claim. How it allows people like Trudeau to say damaging things like Canada has no identity or culture.

He was right about the clash of cultures.

He was right about how the MSM and academia creates the rabid and irrational people you saw at the protest.

He was right about white guilt/privilege and how it generates resentment towards white people. Also right about how it's being taught in schools

He was right about who is creating this mess, why they're evil and why it's bad to support their agenda.

He was right about thug life and how it damages the black community.

He never said anything about hating people. He never called for violence.

He never called for all white ethno states. He wanted to reduce the amount of immigrants coming in so they don't group up in large numbers. He didn't want to the entire world crammed into one country.

He supports the idea to help people in other countries so mass immigration is not necessary.

He was right about how minorities can be racist and how we're not all going to mix.

He was right about how the mere thought of minorities being racist angers irrational people because they don't want to believe it. He was right about how some think white people should accept it. It got to the point that minorities were redefining the word so they couldn't be called racist.

It's easy for a minority to laugh at ethnic replacement.

I made this post not too long ago about the different kinds of people in Canada. Seems like I was pretty accurate:

There are multiple types of people in Canada's increasingly warped society.

The pompous snobby white guy - The type that will arrogantly say everything is fine and/or that Canada is the greatest country on earth, the country America wishes it could be, that immigration and enclaves are awesome because of the food, multiculturalism is great because Canada doesn't have an identity or culture, licks Trudeau's balls, completely forgets that another country's problems will become yours if there's too many from one particular country and thinks their tiny bubble should be the model for the rest of Canada. Thinks white people are privileged. Thinks white racism is a serious issue.

The self hating white guy - He's someone that probably experiences the hatred floating around but blames it on white people and/or wants to be cool with minorities so he bashes white people any chance he gets to score points. Shuts up and listens like a good boy.

The white guy that doesn't care - He's presented with everything that's happening and simply doesn't care. Drowns himself in entertainment, women, and/or drugs and alcohol.

The white guy that cares - Usually very patriotic, can't stand the diversification and multiculturalism because it feels forced and requires a manipulated population to accept. Sees that the changing demographics will cause problems in the future and causes his prime minister to pander like a douche. He loves his culture and customs and doesn't want to see it replaced.

I'm sure there's a few white guys out there full of dumb hate that do and say stupid shit.

The pompous snobby minority - The type that will say everything is fine, agrees that Canada doesn't have a culture or identity, has no problem colonizing Canada while telling white people they stole this land, thinks he knows what's best and thinks white people should shut up and listen. Thinks white people are privileged. Thinks white racism is a serious issue.

The minority that hates white people - Angry and full of rage. Can't stand the sight of white people and wants them gone.

The minority that doesn't care - He's presented with everything that's happening and simply doesn't care. Drowns himself in entertainment, women, and/or drugs and alcohol.

The minority that does care - Spends his life fitting in and then see's the horror show unfolding before him and doesn't like it.

The pompous snobby Native - The type that has jumped on the anti white train and/or creates divisive stolen land flyers and images.

The Native that hates white people - Full of anger and hate.

The Native that doesn't care - He's presented with everything that's happening and simply doesn't care. Drowns himself in entertainment, women, and/or drugs and alcohol or does what ever Natives do on their reserves while not caring what happens.

The Native that cares - Sees what's happening to Canada and this is probably his reaction:

Some thoughts, is this something limited to US campuses? How does it compare internationally where the left wing is stronger?

Would be a good guest for the How Rogan experience.

I'm disappointed that you're engaging this daft, spurious, alarmist trash.

College campuses are discernably less left relative to the societal norm than they were during the 20th century.

The far left create the far right and vise versa, it’s a extreme political feedback loop.

I don’t like either...like two kids who won’t shut the fuck up.

On one end,I agree in a system that gives every one a fair chance....everyone is key word. Wether right or left ,everyone should be able to voice there opinions.

I agree that the far left flames the fires of the far right. There is a distinction though. The far right is passing tax laws that funnel money to the top earners. They are trying to curtail personal liberty in abortion laws. This is a corrupt Gov't and ones that stand with it shall burn.

Meh, get back to me when you have some proper RAF terror.
That stuff is just amateur hour compared to the real radical left.
Until they start executing bankers I would call them center-left.

Pathetic
It's funny you say that because almost everything about the far left today isn't relatable to me so I just don't understand.

And yet on a world the day after all the bankers cut their heads blown off... I'm not all that mad.
Life isn't fair. If you're greedy and you're winning all the time and there are hungry people around, one day you might just get eaten. Let's just as real world as pull yourself up by the bootstraps. ;)

I agree that the far left flames the fires of the far right. There is a distinction though. The far right is passing tax laws that funnel money to the top earners. They are trying to curtail personal liberty in abortion laws. This is a corrupt Gov't and ones that stand with it shall burn.
They all want your Liberty. One side wants to control the vagina and the other side wants to control free speech and guns and so on.

Back