The Ruger 10/22 Customization

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those with a 10/22 (mostly everybody), if you're looking to customize your 10/22, these three might be your best options:
STKRUG-ARCHANGLE-D1.jpg

The Archangel kit, priced around $169 - $200. The standard model includes: Upper receiver housing with integral Picatinny rail and lower receiver housing with pistol grip (built in storage compartment), Six position Archangel combat stock (built in storage in stock extension tube), Free float handguard with Picatinny rails located at the twelve o'clock (top) and six o'clock (bottom) positions (additional rails may be added) and the Archangel muzzle device with Picatinny rail and Bayonet Lug (Lug accepts Archangel Display bayonet) Deluxe Package also includes: Front and rear Archangel folding sights and display bayonet.

000017.JPG

The Krinker Plinker kit, priced at $349.99. Krinker-Plinker with Heavy, Match Grade Barrel. The Krinker-Plinker is a complete conversion kit for the Ruger 10/22 to turn it into a miniature AKS-74U Krinkov using original military AK-74 parts and stamped, molded, cast and CNC-machined pieces. Works with all semi-auto and full-auto Ruger 10/22 rifles using the original receiver, bolt and trigger-pack install in the kit without modification.

TAPCO_RUGER_10-22_T6_Collapsible_Stock_OD.jpg

This is the kit that I purchased for my 10/22, it's the Tapco T6 stock priced at around $90. Six-position adjustable stock adjusts to shooters of any size for a customized fit. The SAW-style pistol grip has a hidden compartment, and concealed under a cover in the forearm is a Picatinny rail on which you can mount forward grips, bipods or a light. The top barrel cover also has a Picatinny rail and accepts any Picatinny/Weaver-style scope rings. Construction is military-grade composite.

Anyone have a 10/22 with the Archangel or Krinker Plinker kit?

My Tapco T6 10/22:
0215091348a-2.jpg

For those who want custom T6 stocks visit WamoCamo Camo Products and Services

For the money I like the tapco.
I need to get a new 10/22, I have had mine for allmost 30 years.
The serial # is low 20,000 and its still awsome..

This setup will hit golf balls at 200 yards.
DSC09522.jpg

I've owned 2 Ruger 10/22s; I liked the first one so much I bought the second when it mysteriously went tits-up.

For stocks, I have (minus the slick-looking scope) this one...bought ages ago, made by Butler Creek:

Ruger_10:22_200704_a.JPG

And this Muzzlelite:

MZ1022.jpg

Had to whittle the pistol grip down a bit, though...not much, just enough to allow me to fit a RamLine 30-round mag in it. The manufacturer apparently never considered this possiblity.

I love 10/22s...cheap to buy, cheap to shoot, and can be tricked-out 800,000 ways to Sunday.

What do you all think about the Ruger 77/22? I'm primarily a newbie handgunner but one of the reasons why I avoid rifles is because of an old injury; I don't think my shoulder can handle the recoil of most rifle rounds. However, I'd like to eventually add a bolt-action to the collection.

I don't have one, but from what I've seen they're nice. Savage, Remington, etc. all have some nice .22 rifles.

If you want something a little larger that doesn't have much recoil, look into something in .223/5.56 or one of the other smaller calibers.

What do you all think about the Ruger 77/22? I'm primarily a newbie handgunner but one of the reasons why I avoid rifles is because of an old injury; I don't think my shoulder can handle the recoil of most rifle rounds. However, I'd like to eventually add a bolt-action to the collection.

I found this kit interesting...

Two 10/22's + $450 kit. Four shots per/rotation.

I don't have one, but from what I've seen they're nice. Savage, Remington, etc. all have some nice .22 rifles.

If you want something a little larger that doesn't have much recoil, look into something in .223/5.56 or one of the other smaller calibers.

Thanks for the suggestion, I shot the shit out of an M-4 in Vegas, this past weekend and I loved it. Now if I could only smuggle 20-30 round magazines into Canada.

Back