Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
690z.jpg

nb76ns2fbho11.jpg

Watch out! We got a badass crossdresser over here. <GSPWoah>

Last edited:
Ford's accusation is serious and credible

Credible? She named four other people who were allegedly present. All four denied being present, including one of her best friends, who says she has never met Kavanaugh.

He claimed to be a virgin into college, and rarely drink.
When did he claim he "rarely" drank?

Does claiming to be a virgin into college automatically make one lose credibility? Maybe he actually was a virgin.

[he] was part of a crew of guys who banged the same chick

Now you're making stuff up. He claims to have "shared a kiss" with her. She denies any memory of that. "Banging" has not been mentioned.

To that other guy who was asking, here's a good example of someone acting like this happens all the time because of exactly one instance.
@Peteyandjia did not "act like this happens all the time". He's arguing that stopping the process now would create a bad precedent under which future nominations would be likely to be stonewalled by uncorroborated accusations like Ford's.

Arizona sex crimes prosecutor Rachel Mitchell will question Brett Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford during hearing
By Yvonne Wingett Sanchez and Ronald J. Hansen | Sept. 25, 2018

5bf95fe7-a3ed-4969-9292-d26190c526fa-PNI1Brd_09-16-2018_Republic_1_E005__2018_09_14_IMG_180912-brett-kavanau_1_1_LIMT9LFN_L1278414687_IMG_180912-brett-kavanau_1_1_LIMT9LFN.jpg

Rachel Mitchell, an Arizona sex crimes prosecutor, has been chosen to lead questioning for Republicans during the potentially explosive hearing involving Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh and a woman accusing him of sexually assaulting her when they were teenagers.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley of Iowa made the announcement late Tuesday after a report in the Washington Post identified Mitchell as a top contender for the role.

"The majority members have followed the bipartisan recommendation to hire as staff counsel for the committee an experienced career sex-crimes prosecutor to question the witnesses at Thursday’s hearing," Grassley said in a statement. "The goal is to de-politicize the process and get to the truth, instead of grandstanding and giving senators an opportunity to launch their presidential campaigns. I’m very appreciative that Rachel Mitchell has stepped forward to serve in this important and serious role."

Mitchell will take the lead for Republicans in questioning Christine Blasey Ford on Thursday about her allegations that Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed, groped her and tried to remove her clothes at a party in the early 1980s when she was 15 and he was 17. Democrats still intend to ask questions of Ford.

In Arizona, others in law enforcement circles were unaware of Mitchell's possible involvement but spoke highly of her.

"She’s been a longtime sex crimes prosecutor. She’s clearly competent," said Rick Romley, a former Maricopa County attorney.

Paul Ahler, who worked at the County Attorney's Office years ago, described Mitchell as a "really good, solid prosecutor."

"She’s one of these career prosecutors who specializes in sex crimes," said Ahler, who now works at the Arizona Attorney General’s Office. "It’s hard to find those people because a lot of people get burned out on those issues, but it’s kind of been her life mission."

In 2014, then-Gov. Jan Brewer recommended Mitchell for consideration as a Maricopa County Superior Court judge.

Much of Mitchell's career has been focused on providing justice to victims of sex crimes. Her work includes cases ranging from child molestation to computer crimes against children.

Earlier this year, Mitchell talked with KJZZ-FM (91.5) in Phoenix about a new protocol manual that the County Attorney’s Office introduced to Arizona as best practices to ensure justice for victims.

During that January interview, Mitchell said the new protocols would outline the best way to handle investigations into sexual assaults "so we can do the best we can for victims."

Mitchell has trained others on how to make effective use of children who are victims of abuse.

She has also headed the Major Crimes Bureau, where she supervised sex crimes, family violence, and repeat-offender cases.

In 2003, she was recognized as Arizona's outstanding sexual-assault prosecutor. In 2006, she was the County Attorney’s Office's Prosecutor of the Year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...stion-kavanaugh-dr-christine-ford/1428271002/

Last edited:
Ford should have just passed Chicago and is on the final stretch to Washington

Has there been any verification her testimony will be under oath?

Has there been any verification her testimony will be under oath?
As far as I know she is under oath to congress but not under oath in a legal sense. This is not a trial like if you were under oath in a court.

I still say lock her up though

Eight big problems for Christine Blasey Ford’s story
By Paul Sperry

September 25, 2018 | 6:57pm

Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations against Brett Kavanaugh are serious. She is accusing him of violent attempted rape. “I thought he might inadvertently kill me. He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing,” she told The Washington Post, recounting the alleged incident at a high school party “one summer in the early 1980s.”

But her story is also growing less believable by the day. Here are eight reasons why it’s hardly “anti-woman” for senators to question her account at Thursday’s hearing:

https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/eight-big-problems-for-christine-blasey-fords-story/

Politics aside, this would be rather funny if true. It would be magnificent if the War Room could rear its ugly head in a delicate matter of national polity, no?

I'd pay top dollar to see a clean cut @HomerThompson in a suit on a show like Hannity, responding to some right wing applause line with something like this: "Sir, I'd like you to imagine multiple hotdogs hitting the face of a laughing overweight woman. Because that is my response to your point!"

@Peteyandjia did not "act like this happens all the time". He's arguing that stopping the process now would create a bad precedent under which future nominations would be likely to be stonewalled by uncorroborated accusations like Ford's.

So he's acting like it's *going to* happen all the time on the basis of a single instance of a credible accusation? And you presumably think that is reasonable. Let's be honest here: you guys are just stopped clocks. One needn't even know anything about the case or read any posts to know what your position will be.

As far as I know she is under oath to congress but not under oath in a legal sense. This is not a trial like if you were under oath in a court.

I still say lock her up though

If you lie to Congress it is perjury just like lying in court

In a last minute move, Ford's lawyer has apparently convinced four people to sign sworn affidavits claiming Ford told them about it. One of them is the husband, that we already knew about.

It's not much, but it's something at least. Rather convenient that she only got them now, but depending on who the other people are, it could have an impact. For me, the only one that really matters is the psychologist. Her friends helping her out wouldn't surprise me. All in all though, it doesn't amount to much when all your witnesses have denied this event taking place, and the last minute timing doesn't help. It's more than they had, at least.

Difference is, Cosby and Church accusers actually had their facts straight, like when and where they were raped.

It's disturbing that anyone would make the comparison. That's just a stupid meme joke, but I've already seen so many alleged "educated" people on the news suggesting Kavanaugh needs to pay the same price Cosby did.

Fight me irl

The issue to me is that you're just another drone mindlessly repeating talking points. There's no special animosity on my end but also no respect because you're not posting as an individual.

Oh yeah, four other liberal activists corroborate her story that in recent years she told them about a vague incident that apparently occurred when she going through dozens of boys and men in high school. And they remember this in the last 2 days. Man, what a breakthrough.

The issue to me is that you're just another drone mindlessly repeating talking points. There's no special animosity on my end but also no respect because you're not posting as an individual.

<{Joewithit}>

Back