Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Elizabeth Warren slammed over editing of Kavanaugh video

U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass, drew criticism Tuesday after sharing a clip of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh discussing his days at Georgetown Preparatory School. The editing of the clip seemed designed to fuel the fire over the sexual misconduct allegations against the judge.

In the short video posted on Warren's Twitter page, Kavanaugh is heard speaking at Columbus Law School at the Catholic University of America in 2015 about his school years.

“But fortunately we had a good saying that we’ve held firm to, to this day,” Kavanaugh says in the video. “As the dean was reminding me before the talk, which is ‘What happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.’ That’s been a good thing for all of us, I think.”

Warren quickly jumped to denounce Kavanaugh’s comments, which were revealed in the wake of the allegations of sexual misconduct raised by Christine Blasey Ford, who claims the high court nominee drunkenly forced himself on her during a house party nearly four decades ago.

“I can't imagine any parent accepting this view,” Warren tweeted. “Is this really what America wants in its next Supreme Court Justice?”

But the clip shared by Warren, though first unearthed by MSNBC, cuts out Kavanaugh’s previous remarks indicating he’s talking about his three friends.

“I, by coincidence, three classmates of mine at Georgetown Prep were graduates of this law school in 1990 and are really really good friends of mine,” Kavanaugh said in a recording of the full speech, naming his friends.

“And they were good friends of mine then, and they are still good friends of mine as recently as this weekend when we were all on email together,” he added. He then made the “what happens at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep” joke.

Mark Hemingway, a writer for the conservative Weekly Standard, slammed Warren for trying to suggest Kavanaugh was admitting improper behavior in the video rather than making a joke.

“This has zero bearing on whether Kavanaugh sexually assaulted Ford, and the party of underage abortion and birth control on demand suddenly becoming neopuritans is a tad pathetic,” he tweeted.

“Like MSNBC, Sen. Warren is passing around a truncated version of the Kavanaugh video, in which he makes a joke about three ‘really, really good friends of mine,’ in order to smear him,” Oklahoma attorney Gabriel Malor tweeted.

“As we know, Warren is very comfortable misleading people. Her constituents deserve better,” he added, comparing Warren’s clip to a video posted by U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., which recently came under fire for depicting Kavanaugh as anti-women.

www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/19/elizabeth-warren-slammed-over-editing-kavanaugh-video.html

L....O....FUCKING....L.
xvvvSzf.gif
xvvvSzf.gif
xvvvSzf.gif

Wow . . . and then you have that stupid Senator Hirono basically blaming all men for this . . .

Wow . . . and then you have that stupid Senator Hirono basically blaming all men for this . . .

She ordered members of the democratic propaganda wing (CNN, NYT, etc) to push the narrative that its not fair.

BTW, for those looking at the Man in the vid-cap, that's not Mazie. It's the asian woman on his right(our left).

Actually, it's the SENATE that votes, NOT the House.

@Mark Hunts FIST , one more thing to add to that :

It's a long-shot for the Dems to take control of the Senate. For a time, I thought like you did that the House made the vote.

So relax. Republican Majority will still rule after the elections regardless of the Dems pathetic stall tactics.

Dems are sweating bullets of sour desperation.
On top of having to face the fact that the Big Orange Meanie is their President, and will be until 2024, they have lost the SCOTUS.
I'd feel sorry for them, except I don't.

Dems are sweating bullets of sour desperation.
On top of having to face the fact that the Big Orange Meanie is their President, and will be until 2024, they have lost the SCOTUS.
I'd feel sorry for them, except I don't.
sapvGR1.jpg

I've looked into it (doesn't undercut us, but I get you), and your theory makes no sense.

I don't think there's any chance at all that you examined the data, made an effort to educate yourself on economic policy, and then concluded that recent policy changes have been beneficial. You're just starting backwards: "someone from my tribe is president, how can I dishonestly spin that as a good thing despite everything that is going on?"

I've looked into your claim of tribalism, and your theory makes no sense. Therefore currency manipulation doesn't affect trade or job production in the US.

Did I do that right? JVS= the queen of non-sequitur.

Why would you focus on a narrower subset when your point was about the market as a whole? Obviously at all times, some companies are doing better than others.

It's not about agreeing or disagreeing like we're choosing a religion. And if anything were clearly helping us, there would be some evidence for it. That's kind of what we mean by "clearly"--it's something that can be easily seen, not something that is totally invisible. You still haven't even explained *how* "playing hardball with China" would help us, even in theory, much less shown any evidence that is helping us. Also, just LOL on the North Korea thing. He's partly fixed his own blundering.
I already told you.....look at the investments of Institutional investors......https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/swiss-national-bank-913041/increased

The Chinese stock market (and HK for that matter) is specifically being hit while ours is continuing to rise b/c of the Trade War. Not sure if serious

I've looked into your claim of tribalism, and your theory makes no sense. Therefore currency manipulation doesn't affect trade or job production in the US.

Did I do that right? JVS= the queen of non-sequitur.

I think you should look up "non sequitur."

Anyway, my theory makes perfect sense. Are you even going to try to pretend that you saw some kind of interesting trend in the economy and then investigated possible causes and came to the conclusion that some recent economic policy change must be driving some kind of improvement? That would just make you sound even more ridiculous than your knee-jerk partisanship does.

I think you should look up "non sequitur."

Anyway, my theory makes perfect sense. Are you even going to try to pretend that you saw some kind of interesting trend in the economy and then investigated possible causes and came to the conclusion that some recent economic policy change must be driving some kind of improvement? That would just make you sound even more ridiculous than your knee-jerk partisanship does.

Two words should solve this riddle for you: JOB PRODUCTION

2012, and the details are different from what she's saying now.
Fine. Maybe she's wrong. If so, expose her.

But the fact that a woman has stepped forward from complete anonymity into the brutal crucible of public opinion deserves, at least a hearing.

Put yourself in her shoes... what's she going to get from this? A whole lot of negative attention and headache. What her benefit? None that I can imagine-- it's not like she's getting a book deal from it.

I'm going to be honest, I'm torn on this.

I'm not sure that you can take the moral high ground after someone just went for your jugular.

Basically the Republicans gave up all claim to fair play after Garland.
The democrats decided not to fight because they really didn’t want obamas pick they wanted a leftist, so they played along so that hillary could pick another person

Seems like Trump is hinting at her potential testimony on Monday being the end of the line for this shit show. She can show up, or not. If not, it doesn't seem like he's too keen on taking this any further. He also states that it's ultimately up to the Senate on how they proceed.

Fine. Maybe she's wrong. If so, expose her.

But the fact that a woman has stepped forward from complete anonymity into the brutal crucible of public opinion deserves, at least a hearing.

Which she has been offered.

Put yourself in her shoes... what's she going to get from this? A whole lot of negative attention and headache. What her benefit? None that I can imagine-- it's not like she's getting a book deal from it.

Well, there are rumors that she had little choice, because her name was leaked to the press. Gee, I wonder who would do a thing like that?

I already told you.....look at the investments of Institutional investors......https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/institutional-portfolio/swiss-national-bank-913041/increased

The Chinese stock market (and HK for that matter) is specifically being hit while ours is continuing to rise b/c of the Trade War. Not sure if serious

Chinese markets have taken a hit. How does that help us? What's your theory behind this? Seriously. I keep asking for some thought behind the position.

It was a joke. I mean, the rest of the comment is serious (I don't accept the tweet), but if you squint it

It was a joke man. Lighten up.

But yeah, I wouldn't trust that tweet.
You don’t have to trust it, put anything you want out there and the other side has to prove it’s not true

Chinese markets have taken a hit. How does that help us? What's your theory behind this? Seriously. I keep asking for some thought behind the position.
Other countries are choosing USD to demoninate their debt in, even moreso than normal given the Yuans fluctuation and the extreme suspect nature of the Chinsese Stock Market currently

Also as our dollar increases in value while virtually every other currency devalues, it strengthens our overall debt position

Two words should solve this riddle for you: JOB PRODUCTION

Job production has slowed a bit, but that's probably because we're nearing full employment. More concerning is that real wages have fallen, as a tight labor market should be causing them to rise.

Hey, how 'bout @Jack V Savage and all who are arguing with him over the economy, or whatever, take it to the Lounge, or an appropriate thread, and quit shitting this one up.

when you go out on a date with a girl do you ask permission if you can kiss her? Or do you just whip it out and jack-off in front of her?

Or a boy, not sure which way you swing.

FTFY

Back