Law The Search For The 114th Supreme Court Justice: The Witch-Hunt Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Who do you believe?

• Total voters
Such horse shit, especially after how integral he was in Ken Starr's investigation. He also led the Vince Foster prosecution, iirc.
To be fair to Kavanaugh, his position was that congress should an immunizing law. The inference is twofold: 1.) he thinks the president should be immune; 2.) he thinks the president isnt immune-or else congress wouldn't need to pass it.

I can definitely see how that article could get him the nom, though.

To be fair to Kavanaugh, his position was that congress should an immunizing law. The inference is twofold: 1.) he thinks the president should be immune; 2.) he thinks the president isnt immune-or else congress wouldn't need to pass it.

I can definitely see how that article could get him the nom, though.
Don't you think he'll side with Trump on any matters rising from the investigation, though?

Including a subpoena to be interviewed?

Dude seems like a straight rightwing political operative masquerading as a judge to me.

Last edited:
https://www.nrapvf.org/grades/

I know several primary voters who will change their vote based upon the NRA scorecard grading system alone.

It's the first issue I research on a candidate before I'll consider voting for them.

If this candidate isn't going to respect my personal liberty in this area, what other areas of the human experience are they willing to over-regulate?

The Second Amendment is a sort of "canary in the coal mine" for Liberty minded individuals.

This man gets it. Great post.

Someone else mentioned that if the Dems just left the 2A alone the Republicrats would never win another election.

@Arkain2K I can't read any of those tweets.

It might be your browser, bro. YouTube/FB/Twitter forum embeds have always worked fine on Firefox and Chrome on my end, but I've heard some people been having issues. Try updating to the latest versions to see if that fixes it.

If that still doesn't work, try reading the forum on your phone to see how it goes while the site admins are tweaking with the forum software.

Last edited:
Don;t you think he'll side with Trump on any matters rising from the investigation, though?

Including a subpoena to be interviewed?

Dude seems like a straight rightwing political operative masquerading as a judge to me.
I don't think that he'll side with Trump on everything-Gorsuch didn't. I'm more concerned about him pulling the court substantially to the right than being an operative.

I don't think that he'll side with Trump on everything-Gorsuch didn't. I'm more concerned about him pulling the court substantially to the right than being an operative.
6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

IMO, of course.

Don't work yourself into a shoot.
giphy.gif

Judge Nap, calls Kavanaugh a swamp monster. Looks like the right is starting to eat itself over this pick.

The Daily Caller, a conservative website, reported on the sniping against Brett Kavanaugh, quoting one anonymous source as saying, “Kavanaugh is Jeb Bush’s pick for the Supreme Court. This is the low-energy Jeb Bush pick. No one in the base will be animated by [Kavanaugh] — especially Trump supporters who rejected the Bush legacy.”

I don't understand why this is such a massive thing? It's been on the American news channels for days. It's another reminder just how different the political system is in America compared to countries such as mine.[Australia.]

Obviously we have supreme court judges, but when one is appointed it's just not this huge thing that dominates the news in the same way.
So now the guy Trump has chosen has to be 'interrogated' by a group of other people and i daresay the Democrats will be searching for some dirt on him.
I don't understand the interrogation? [for want of a better word.] Again, i don't think that happens here?

Rather naively i thought a President would just appoint someone and it would be accepted because the President chose that person.
Over the last few years i've begun to realize that despite a President being referred to as the most powerful man in the world, he isn't really as powerful as the rest of the world believes he is.
A President doesn't seem to be the top dog with complete power.
Supreme Court judges will be judges for the rest of their lives until they step down or die. Essentially you pick people who greatly influence the direction the country takes.

He’s a counter puncher there a big difference he’s an alpha
Sure he is, Be honest you would blow Trump if he asked. Whining, complaining, never taking responsibility for your words and actions is soooo "Alpha"? Only in Trumtard land, Champ.

Looks like the right is starting to eat itself over this pick.

Please come back to reality once you're done fantasizing.

The Republicans in Congress will work together to make sure that he'll sail through the confirmation process, with a little help with a few Democratic Senators from Red states who don't want to sink their own ship. You know it, I know it, even "The Resistance" knows it.

It may not be the way you want it to be, it may be ugly, but it's real.

Last edited:
Please come back to reality once you're done fantasizing.

It may be ugly, but it's real.
Kavenaugh is a Swamp Monster, like Pruitt and half of Trumps cabinet. Dude should fit right in.

Here is the real kicker, Kavenaugh will not vote against Roe v Wade
Roe v Wade has been around for 40+ years and will be around for many more. Don't worry the GOP will still be dangling the Roe V Wade carrot in front of the Christian Rubes and will still get all their votes.

I don't understand why this is such a massive thing? It's been on the American news channels for days. It's another reminder just how different the political system is in America compared to countries such as mine.[Australia.]

Obviously we have supreme court judges, but when one is appointed it's just not this huge thing that dominates the news in the same way.
So now the guy Trump has chosen has to be 'interrogated' by a group of other people and i daresay the Democrats will be searching for some dirt on him.
I don't understand the interrogation? [for want of a better word.] Again, i don't think that happens here?

Rather naively i thought a President would just appoint someone and it would be accepted because the President chose that person.
Over the last few years i've begun to realize that despite a President being referred to as the most powerful man in the world, he isn't really as powerful as the rest of the world believes he is.
A President doesn't seem to be the top dog with complete power.

The founding fathers of this country really didn't want a powerful President. He's even called the President because the job is just to "preside" over the government, a fairly innocuous job. What's interesting is the extent to which the President's powers have slowly grown and grown over the years beyond the original intent. It's only at random times that the built in restrictions remind us that he is far more limited than it appears.

Additionally, a lot of the things people complain about Trump doing now are only possible because some prior President looked to expand his personal power beyond Congress. Trump is a positive reminder of the importance of keeping the President's power strictly within the bounds of the Constitution and that the real power should remain in the hands of Congress.

Kavenaugh is a Swamp Monster, like Pruitt and half of Trumps cabinet. Dude should fit right in.

Here is the real kicker, Kavenaugh will not vote against Roe v Wade
Roe v Wade has been around for 40+ years and will be around for many more. Don't worry the GOP will still be dangling the Roe V Wade carrot in front of the Christian Rubes and will still get all their votes.

Still doesn't sounds anything like your fantasy of "the right is starting to eat itself over this pick".

The Democrats should treat Kavanaugh just as fairly as Republicans treated Garland.

Wish in one hand and shit in the other and let me know which one fills up first.

Back