The Second Admendment should have been better written.

You're literally talking about an amendment to the document while saying it shouldn't be viewed as a "living document".

For god sake what is wrong with this world

Youre confused.

Amend in this context means "to add".

Not take away.

Hth

Why do I need to? I'm drunk and I know my facts, commies are far left, stalin, mao, the brits took indias guns as well, hootoos and tootsies, armenian genocide. BAM son

Have you asked yourself the question: What makes these situations different than modern day America?

And btw, the Brits were very conservative at the time they took India's guns, Rwanda was a christian fascist (right wing as fuck) nation at that point, and Turkey, an ultra conservative state, was responsible for the Armenian genocide. Good luck convincing anyone that the Ottomans were lefties, lol. Drink more....

Have you asked yourself the question: What makes these situations different than modern day America?

And btw, the Brits were very conservative at the time they took India's guns, Rwanda was a christian fascist (right wing as fuck) nation at that point, and Turkey, an ultra conservative state, was responsible for the Armenian genocide. Good luck convincing anyone that the Ottomans were lefties, lol. Drink more....
Any time in history has banning certain groups of people made society as a whole better? Even better lower crime to nigh zero? Keep in mind Australia has been having issues with roving biker gangs armed with luty sub machine guns instead of those pesky low cap semi auto pistols they once had.

In a militia yes, its pretty obvious thats what the language means. But for every citizen to have to incite anarchy, no.

And I dont think they would have been ok with companies selling firearms to mentally ill people. Because it wouldnt have helped their cause.

Every person back then owned a firearm, but only a small portion of them were in the militia. Did Washington go door to door collecting muskets?

Any time in history has banning certain groups of people made society as a whole better? Even better lower crime to nigh zero? Keep in mind Australia has been having issues with roving biker gangs armed with luty sub machine guns instead of those pesky low cap semi auto pistols they once had.

Australia has less than half a person killed per 100,000 people from guns. America has 3.8. The numbers dont lie, no matter the obfuscation used. And if you think Australia had nothing but low cap pistols before their ban, you might want to educate yourself.

I really dont think the writers envisioned the guy at Walmart buying a shotgun with his tater tots

Actually they probably did . . . since that's how folks bought firearms way back then . . . at the general store where they bought their flour and fabric, etc.

Heck, I've got a rifle my grandpa bought over the counter in the 50s without a background check at Montgomery Ward.

or considered some nutjob, mad-at-the-world, psychotic old man firing fully automatic weapons out of a hotel room to kill innocents when they wrote "well-regulated militia".

You really think folks were THAT different then than today? Folks got shot or hung for stealing a horse. Outlaws killed folks for their belongings and often got away with it for weeks and months due to the remoteness.

Australia has less than half a person killed per 100,000 people from guns. America has 3.8. The numbers dont lie, no matter the obfuscation used. And if you think Australia had nothing but low cap pistols before their ban, you might want to educate yourself.

What was the per capita gun ownership in Australia before the ban? How did/does it compare to the rate of ownership in the US?

I suggest you research the Bill of Rights, its inception, ratification, and federalist vs anti-federalist arguments.

Either that or stick to GIFing and shit posting (that's all you're known for).

How exactly does "WELL REGULATED" come in to play? How is that to be interpreted? How . . .

I don't fucking care.

Repeal the 2 Amendment. No one has an absolute right to own firearms.

Gun nuts have always struck me as cowards anyways. Telephone toughguys until the gun is not in their hands anymore. Sort of like those cocksucker hunters who fantasize about battling Nature for food...so they park their fat bloated asses in tree stands with high powered rifles, sipping deer piss, and shooting baited animals. What men. Chickenshit delusional cocksuckers.

Listen to this . . . . only thing he left out was racist rednecks with 4x4s and little dicks.

Alright @Cubo de Sangre @Gregolian @RerouteToRemain . . . I'm convinced. Time to hand over our guns and to stop hunting.

I suggest you research the Bill of Rights, its inception, ratification, and federalist vs anti-federalist arguments.

Either that or stick to GIFing and shit posting (that's all you're known for).
Oh you do, do ya?

It was made over 200 years ago bump stocks weren't even imagined.

Give em a break they couldn't see the future. What is needed is updating and smart regulations.

I don't think this is a very good argument and I see it all the time.

Benjamin Franklin literally proved lighting was electricity, proved that electricity could be conducted, and invented the lighting rod. Do you not think he foresaw new developments, innovations, technologies, and applications that would come from that? Or do you think Franklin saw the lightning rod as the culmination of what was possible regarding electricity?

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/aa/franklinb/aa_franklinb_electric_1.html

Franklin also invented a stove that transferred more heat into the surrounding room using a new design in the siphon. So he literally took something that existed and made it better. But that's only stoves, right? He could have never foresaw anyone doing the same thing with regard to anything else.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_stove

343bbe05a4d07d2af7e6fc50a0fee18d.jpg

George Washington, who is called the Father of our country, was the General that led the Continental Army. He had served for years in the British military and was the British officer that led the attack against the French that kicked off the French and Indian war.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-washington-experiences-combat-for-first-time

Do you really not think that Washington had the ability to to look back in history and see that several hundred years prior to his military career, that European militaries were fighting each other hand to hand with swords, axes, and longbows? Do you not think Washington was well read on the topic of military history? Do you not think Washington understood that weapons evolved to become deadlier and more efficient? Do you think he thought the advancement of weapons systems would stop?

Did you know the Saxons get their name from the weapon they wielded, a long knife called the Seax?

Did you know the word Celtic is derived from the name of an ax, the Celt?

Did you know the descriptor German comes from a word for spear, the Ger, thus Germans are men who use the ger (spear) or Ger-man?

Think about the questions I've posed.

It's well known that military necessity drives technological advancement, even in Colonial times they knew that. Did you ever watch the old show on the history channel Tactical to Practical, or how about Man, Moment, Machine?

The reason we revere the Founding Fathers is because they had great foresight and they got a lot right.

I don't want to see innocent people murdered. The Vegas shooting is a national tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. But you don't punish law abiding citizens for the actions of evil people. If that were the case all an (aspiring) despotic government (or foreign infiltrators, or ideological subversives) would need to do is facilitate a mad man to commit a heinous crime and then have free reign to crack down on the people's natural liberties. The point of the American system is that the government doesn't have the right, privilege, or power to infringe our second amendment, our right to bear arms. We possess that because we were born, because we are alive, because our Creator has bequeathed this to us. Just like a tiger has claws, and a wolf has fangs, and a rattlesnake has venom, we too have our weapons of defense and attack. The crazies out there will go to any lengths to destroy, we must be prepared to go to any length to preserve and create.

quote-George-Washington-to-be-prepared-for-war-is-one-103761.png

George-Washington-quote.jpg

^^^This is why God and the Founders have given us the means to our defense.

free-people-george-washington-quote.jpg

30c4850bb42c853fa57e4f35167560f0.jpg

I know folks won't . . . but this is really worth listening to IMO.

Actually they probably did . . . since that's how folks bought firearms way back then . . . at the general store where they bought their flour and fabric, etc.

Heck, I've got a rifle my grandpa bought over the counter in the 50s without a background check at Montgomery Ward.

Were there as many general stores back then saturated as much as their are Walmarts today? No, because there werent as many people period.

You really think folks were THAT different then than today? Folks got shot or hung for stealing a horse. Outlaws killed folks for their belongings and often got away with it for weeks and months due to the remoteness.

And you think law-abiding citizens wanted these people to have guns? Theres no reason for those guys to have encouraged that, since they were trying to bring the country together and a general state of anarchy would have only hindered that.

What was the per capita gun ownership in Australia before the ban? How did/does it compare to the rate of ownership in the US?

Much less. How does this invalidate the marked decrease in Australia's gun violence, and why would the US not be able to apply a similar model and achieve success?

They were way smarter than you, and understood why the people needed fundamental rights.

What part of shall not infringe do you not understand?
Greater men than me undoubtedly
I don't think this is a very good argument and I see it all the time.

Benjamin Franklin literally proved lighting was electricity, proved that electricity could be conducted, and invented the lighting rod. Do you not think he foresaw new developments, innovations, technologies, and applications that would come from that? Or do you think Franklin saw the lightning rod as the culmination of what was possible regarding electricity?

http://www.americaslibrary.gov/aa/franklinb/aa_franklinb_electric_1.html

Franklin also invented a stove that transferred more heat into the surrounding room using a new design in the siphon. So he literally took something that existed and made it better. But that's only stoves, right? He could have never foresaw anyone doing the same thing with regard to anything else.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_stove

343bbe05a4d07d2af7e6fc50a0fee18d.jpg

George Washington, who is called the Father of our country, was the General that led the Continental Army. He had served for years in the British military and was the British officer that led the attack against the French that kicked off the French and Indian war.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-...-washington-experiences-combat-for-first-time

Do you really not think that Washington had the ability to to look back in history and see that several hundred years prior to his military career, that European militaries were fighting each other hand to hand with swords, axes, and longbows? Do you not think Washington was well read on the topic of military history? Do you not think Washington understood that weapons evolved to become deadlier and more efficient? Do you think he thought the advancement of weapons systems would stop?

Did you know the Saxons get their name from the weapon they wielded, a long knife called the Seax?

Did you know the word Celtic is derived from the name of an ax, the Celt?

Did you know the descriptor German comes from a word for spear, the Ger, thus Germans are men who use the ger (spear) or Ger-man?

Think about the questions I've posed.

It's well known that military necessity drives technological advancement, even in Colonial times they knew that. Did you ever watch the old show on the history channel Tactical to Practical, or how about Man, Moment, Machine?

The reason we revere the Founding Fathers is because they had great foresight and they got a lot right.

I don't want to see innocent people murdered. The Vegas shooting is a national tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims and their families. But you don't punish law abiding citizens for the actions of evil people. If that were the case all an (aspiring) despotic government (or foreign infiltrators, or ideological subversives) would need to do is facilitate a mad man to commit a heinous crime and then have free reign to crack down on the people's natural liberties. The point of the American system is that the government doesn't have the right, privilege, or power to infringe our second amendment, our right to bear arms. We possess that because we were born, because we are alive, because our Creator has bequeathed this to us. Just like a tiger has claws, and a wolf has fangs, and a rattlesnake has venom, we too have our weapons of defense and attack. The crazies out there will go to any lengths to destroy, we must be prepared to go to any length to preserve and create.

quote-George-Washington-to-be-prepared-for-war-is-one-103761.png

George-Washington-quote.jpg

^^^This is why God and the Founders have given us the means to our defense.

free-people-george-washington-quote.jpg

30c4850bb42c853fa57e4f35167560f0.jpg
I'm very much in agreement with you and you make some great points about the founding fathers.

The point I was trying to make was look at all our advances and the evolution of technology do you think we should still be fighting wars with muskets? No of course we shouldn't we should update our weapons, armor and vehicles so that we can better combat our evolving enemy.

Why is updating laws or the constitution any different should we be stagnant and out of date should we still be prohibited from having alcohol should we still beat our wives society changes and laws need to change with them.

All that being said I am very pro gun and I wish semi auto was still allowed in Aus

Also @klnOmega where you at bitch back up your statement about hurricane Harvey causing more damage than 2011 Japan tsunami

Go easy on the founding fathers. They were very smart men who owned guns....and other people.

Ben Franklin was too busy hanging out in France fucking our great great grandmothers

Hamilton tripped and died

Jefferson was secretly way into Ayn Rand before she was even born and didn't give ten shits about populist militia preservation post-war

George Washington was too busy taking massive shits while demanding sustained eye contact with his slave butler

John Hancock was busy hunting down the man who ironically named his family

Don't look any of this up

Back