Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER (Wins Best Film and Best Director)

If you have seen THE SHAPE OF WATER, how would your rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Trailer for Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER

From master story teller, Guillermo del Toro, comes The Shape of Water - an other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963. In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of silence and isolation. Elisa’s life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment. Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg and Doug Jones. In theaters December 8.

Also known as The Abe Sapien Movie.

4ce44f830d5341890ce9afcd9194f1ffd9e5f3ec_hq.gif

Wow that trailer felt like a movie summary.

Kinda felt that GdT lost his mojo. Would still watch tho.

Boardwalk Empire cast reunion. Only if Steve Buscemi was the one inside the suit...

They told the whole story in thr trailer it seems.. they only didnt show where she dies (this is a GDT movie, shes gonna die)

Was it confirmed tho? Because wth Abe doesn't have a Demian Maia accent if he was worshipped in the Amazon?
I was just kidding about it being an Abe Sapien movie.

But I wouldn't also be surprised if this turned out to be a stealth spinoff later on.

Interesting visuals but this movie will fail at the box office.

Kevin Costner just took his shirt off lol

I'm totally sold on this movie and now I'm going to watch Hellboy again.

WTF, I didn't even know he was working on anything. I'm usually pretty good at keeping up with director's and current/future projects.

After GDT last movie I am not hyped. That movie was so bad. I think he has lost something

Creature from the black lagoon meets.... Hellen Keller?

Kidding, I love this kind of shit. Del Toro is my movie hero. I went to his set piece thing in Minneapolis and fanboyed the fuck out

AUDIENCE
You should do a movie like AMELIE.
A love story.

GUILLERMO DEL TORO
FISSSSSSHHHH MAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN.

AUDIENCE

AUDIENCE (cont'd)
We're okay with that.

Talking about Crimson Peak?

Ya criminson Peak. Fuck that movie was bad. Its production had the Gil style but damn it was so long and drawn out with a horrible story line. I was really surprise Gil did that movie

I was just kidding about it being an Abe Sapien movie.

But I wouldn't also be surprised if this turned out to be a stealth spinoff later on.

It could be cut to later in the movie as Abe is telling his sad tale of the woman he loved ( Or his mother ) as he is talking to Red played by the dude from Stranger thibgs

Back