THE SHERDOGGING FIGHTER THREAD. @AJ Garcia's Life And Times As A Pro Fighter (2-2) *Interview in OP

I had this other idea; You could "do a Barao" and fight 5 absolute cans every year for 2 years and generate yourself a 12-2 record and an 11 fight win streak, making your ascent to the UFC even more inevitable.
Yup just make sure they are the 31 second type! ;)

Easy victory and an undamaged AJ for the win!

#Comin4DatBelt!

Alright, boys. While I’m happy to get this win, I’m thinking bigger. In my 2nd pro fight I fought a guy that was like 8-2 or something like that. I had no real camp at the time because I was in the process of switching gyms and didn’t have many good places to train, and even after all of that I still should’ve won. I took him down, immediately passed and then got him mounted. Instead of taking my time, I could feel myself getting tired so I went for a triangle from mount that I had just about locked up but then let him slip out. From there I got caught trying to get back to my feet and ended up getting stopped right after. It was the first time in any of my losses where I actually got my ass kicked in the fight. Now that I’m in a good camp and working my ass off I want that loss back. I’m gonna try to get that fight booked in October.
Good job man. Go get that W back and KhimTFO!

I may have had a few celebratory drinks myself in his honour.

31 seconds though. This is why you don't fuck with people in day to day life. You never know who the undercover Monsta AJs are... He could do that shit to all of us including the fatties.

The fatties, being 99% of sherbros

I want to give a big shout out to @Buff for these threads. Not only is all of the support awesome, but I’ve had plenty of guys that are training come to me for advice on weight cutting and stand up mechanics. I’ve never been one to brag about being a fighter on here, but I do like giving insight that others might not know about, so being able to help guys with questions they have has been awesome. I mentioned I wanna keep this train rolling and it’s looking like October.

HE IS STILL MY BOY!!
- Kenny Florian

I want to give a big shout out to @Buff for these threads. Not only is all of the support awesome, but I’ve had plenty of guys that are training come to me for advice on weight cutting and stand up mechanics. I’ve never been one to brag about being a fighter on here, but I do like giving insight that others might not know about, so being able to help guys with questions they have has been awesome. I mentioned I wanna keep this train rolling and it’s looking like October.

Good for you mate.

Cute kid btw.

Awesome bro!!!! Live your dream...

We need to get my man in the LFA... just one more step up the ladder. Plus we could have a Sherdog prospect with the 15 year old prospect that is Erick Silva.... :eek:

Dude it's my pleasure... Honestly man as soon as you said you were fighting I jumped on this - I do promotion stuff, albeit badly, and you're my boy so it's a no brainer... Fun watching your snowball turn into an advance man, you're on fire.

Can't wait for the next one.

Also you gotta link.this thread to the powers that be at your end - there's like a grands worth of buys in this thread because of you, and you should be using it to get a better contract.

Dude it's my pleasure... Honestly man as soon as you said you were fighting I jumped on this - I do promotion stuff, albeit badly, and you're my boy so it's a no brainer... Fun watching your snowball turn into an advance man, you're on fire.

Can't wait for the next one.

Also you gotta link.this thread to the powers that be at your end - there's like a grands worth of buys in this thread because of you, and you should be using it to get a better contract.
Hell ya man. I didn’t check out that link but does it ask you what fighter you’re tuning in to watch? Definitely gonna use that info. Even if it didn’t, I’m sure they had a lot more sales then normal since most fighters are local and don’t have a ton of people from far away tuning in to watch.

We need to get my man in the LFA... just one more step up the ladder. Plus we could have a Sherdog prospect with the 15 year old prospect that is Erick Silva.... :eek:
I definitely want to start traveling around and fighting more. As of now, I’ve only fought in Utah but it would be dope to go out to Colorado, Vegas, and California. Gotta start getting my name out there more.

Congratulations, you are living the Sherdog dream

Hell ya man. I didn’t check out that link but does it ask you what fighter you’re tuning in to watch? Definitely gonna use that info. Even if it didn’t, I’m sure they had a lot more sales then normal since most fighters are local and don’t have a ton of people from far away tuning in to watch.
Can't hurt to have a developed (if erratic) online fan base following you around.

Besides its amazing insight into what it takes to be a fucking fighter and the surrounding journey.

Congratulations brother! @AJ Garcia

Keep it up man! Best wishes for your next one!
yes-rudy1.gif

We need someone to represent us, the Sherdoggers. We need to get in touch with him, we need to set a Patreon account up and running for him and get the guy in UFC

Back