The Sherdogger's Guide To Fish Oil Supplementation

What's this I hear about it inadvertently increasing testosterone/vascularity with the addition of GLA/Zinc?

Walser and colleagues (2006) showed that fish oil can help with blood flow, but this is different from vascularity. The latter is a combination of flood flow and pressure.

(with the addition of a newly formed habit of drinking 1gal/water a day) I feel more tired? Shouldn't it be doing the opposite? Clearly my metabolism is increased since I have to pee MUCH more often. Input?

Based on the information provided, metabolism has nothing to do with it.
"newly formed habit of drinking 1gal/water a day"="I have to pee MUCH more often"

Noob question... On a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate Optimum Nutrition's Fish Oil?

Where I live in, my choices are pretty limited but I want to get a quality product....

Noob question... On a scale of 0 to 10, how would you rate Optimum Nutrition's Fish Oil?

Where I live in, my choices are pretty limited but I want to get a quality product....

1. Doesn't say if its molecularly distilled or not
2. Kinda low on total EPA/DHA
3. Doesn't say how much EPA/DHA is in it

Overall, I would pass. The price is right. The quality/purity of the product is probably good based on the rest of Optimum's offerings. But, you would have to take 3/day to get your needed Omega 3s.

1. Doesn't say if its molecularly distilled or not
2. Kinda low on total EPA/DHA
3. Doesn't say how much EPA/DHA is in it

Overall, I would pass. The price is right. The quality/purity of the product is probably good based on the rest of Optimum's offerings. But, you would have to take 3/day to get your needed Omega 3s.

Thanks for the reply. One last question I promise, what about NOW omega-3 or ultra omega-3? Those ones are said to be molecularly distilled but NOW seems like a pretty cheap brand...

Thanks for the reply. One last question I promise, what about NOW omega-3 or ultra omega-3? Those ones are said to be molecularly distilled but NOW seems like a pretty cheap brand...

NOW appears to be a pretty good pill. @750 total Omega-3, you'll only need to take two pills to get your needs, instead of four. If you have access to NOW, I'd go with that. The price seems right, too.

NOW appears to be a pretty good pill. @750 total Omega-3, you'll only need to take two pills to get your needs, instead of four. If you have access to NOW, I'd go with that. The price seems right, too.

Thanks for the replies man!

Drop some oil tablets before bed and you'll have vivid dreams in my experience.

Might be just a placebo but hey, if it works...

Back