THE SHERDOGGING FIGHTER THREAD. @AJ Garcia's Life And Times As A Pro Fighter (2-2) *Interview in OP

I changed the thread title to make it a bit more accommodating for anecdotes and so on... Anything you want me to do to the OP just holla.
Stan Collymore would like a word with you

sherdogging!

The most important thing is that you're still healthy... You have a great head on your shoulders about all of this, positive attitude 101, and you learn from every mistake...

The brothers of Sherdog are with you man... As I've said before we live vicariously through you in there, and by being so open with us we also share your loss, and you expose yourself to criticism, but because sherdog loves you, we all just want you to keep training, fighting, and allowing us to keep up with your journey... It's the only true insight to fighting from the first persin we have here withoit the bullshit promo and so on... You're a real dude living a real life with all its shit, using sherdog as a release, that also happens to be a pro.

War Monsta AJ.
Thanks man. Fighting is a brutal sport but that’s why I love it. The lows suck but the highs are greater than any other feeling out there. Getting your hand raised in front of everyone you know, after beating another man that has been training like an animal to hurt you, is as good as it gets lol the hunger is still there and I’ll be back even better.

This thread is great
Good job by @Buff & the SD staff for showing this level of support
Rare on SD (or anywhere on web) that there is a positive thread
@AJ Garcia is a good guy, so this is well deserved.

HAPPY T-DAY EVERYONE

Well, things didn’t go my way tonight. God damn it. So disappointing. I got moved to the main event tonight and was ready to put on a show. I felt solid everywhere and was ready for a war. I set up my first combo and threw it hard and rocked him with it. He kinda fell with his back to me so I took his back and we ended up on the ground. From there he kept attacking my legs working for heel hooks and other stuff but couldn’t get anything. Then I got up kicked while on the ground and the ref didn’t stop it. He let go of the heel hooks he was going for and when I went to transition on top, he surprised me by rolling for a calf slicer and caught me in it. It sucks cause I knew how good my stand up has been and wanted to get that ko and just about got it but that’s the fight game. I’ll be back for sure.
Your a TRUE & TRIED warrior AJ. Nothing but respect always bruva! War @AJ Tha CHAMP Garcia !!

Last edited:
Spend some time with the fam. Relax your body, mind & soul. I know how a loss can feel. Your much stronger mentally than me however, always looked up to that in you!!! I know you'll be back. God Willing stronger than ever

@AJ Garcia

As others have said before, keep going brother, it’ll pay off for you because you want it. It’s truly amazing for you to share your fighting life with us and give ordinary sherbros the opportunity to see behind the curtain into this crazy world. I wish you nothing but health and positivity and can’t wait to get pumped for your next fight. Take care brother.

Spend some time with the fam. Relax your body, mind & soul. I know how a loss can feel. Your much stronger mentally than me however, always looked up to that in you!!! I know you'll be back. God Willing stronger than ever

@AJ Garcia
Thanks for all the support bro. Hope you and your son had a good thanksgiving.

As others have said before, keep going brother, it’ll pay off for you because you want it. It’s truly amazing for you to share your fighting life with us and give ordinary sherbros the opportunity to see behind the curtain into this crazy world. I wish you nothing but health and positivity and can’t wait to get pumped for your next fight. Take care brother.
I’m trying, man. It’s ddfinitdly a crazy sport but the ups will always be worth dealing with the downs. Thanks for the support!

We should all support AJ.If you've had the chance to talk with him on here you know he's as cool as they come.Respectful,humble and willing to give time to his fans & fellow Sherdoggers.If you haven't connected with the man then you're missing out.
Good luck with your training,stay healthy mate.AJ BLESS☘️

Glad I checked this thread again. I didn't realize @AJ Garcia fought again this month.

Sorry to hear about the loss, but it sounds like you put up a good fight. I'm sure you'll bounce back fine.

Hey, guys. I just did an interview for @TheCompleteKO podcast. @Buff could you add this to the op and put it in the title as well?

You're a cool sounding mofo, just finished the intro :)

That was a great promo interview and the behind the scenes stuff was interesting.
Thanks, my man. Ya that intro had me feeling pretty awesome haha

Thanks, my man. Ya that intro had me feeling pretty awesome haha
You definitely made sure everyone knew you're in platinum nation <45>

Screen-Shot-2018-08-06-at-2.38.28-PM.png

I’ll rep platinum nation even if he’s fighting in Bellator some day!

What if...you end up fighting him in Bellator some day? You'll have to give him the Rowdy Akers treatment.

Glad I checked this thread again. I didn't realize @AJ Garcia fought again this month.

Sorry to hear about the loss, but it sounds like you put up a good fight. I'm sure you'll bounce back fine.
Same, i only checked the thread again because of the changed title. Sorry to hear about the loss @AJ Garcia though I’m sure you’ll be back in the win column next time around.

Back