The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

FacePunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/25/entertainment/hank-azaria-apu/index.html

This is #1 Bullshit. Hank Azaria is about to leave the role of Apu because of PC backlash.

"The idea that anybody, young or old, past or present was bullied or teased based on the character of Apu, it just really makes me sad," Azaria said. "It was certainly not my intention. I wanted to spread laughter and joy with this character and the idea that it's brought pain and suffering in any way, that it was used to marginalize people, it's upsetting."

Godamnit.

Liberalism destroys everything it touches.

Now they'll set their sights on South Park for Cartman being a poor example of fat kids.

The next thing you know they will erase Apu from history.

Apu must now be purged from all past episodes because funny is no longer funny, it is culturalappropriation-racisim-xenophobia-lmnopia, and literally caused the holocaust.

Do you want people to die over jokes about Kwik-E-Mart? Do you? May Vishnu and his many arms have mercy on your minority-hating hearts.

What a pussy.

In a world of Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, Archer, etc, etc, some token stereotype on The Simpsons that's been around for damn near three decades, is targeted by the SJW brigade...and the voice actor caves to their hysterics.

What a joke.

It will continue to be completely fine to stereotype and crack jokes about the working class Americans though. You'll still have Homer and his family.

Instead of jumping to the conclusion that Hank is just being PC, maybe he's just being honest in saying that he feels a bit of regret for the way he crafted the character.

People can disagree with him, but it gets a little bit old always hearing people assume other people's intentions are not sincere.

its all idiotic, the simpsons is based on stereotypes..... Im Scottish and almost our entire nation love Groundskeeper Willie, if they remove him we will fucking riot lol

or write them a strongly worded tweet......... one of the 2

Instead of jumping to the conclusion that Hank is just being PC, maybe he's just being honest in saying that he feels a bit of regret for the way he crafted the character.

Like an Indian guy, with an Indian accent?

Watch out Willie, you're next. Oh' wait, it's a white character. All is fine.

Like an Indian guy, with an Indian accent?

Watch out Willie, you're next. Oh' wait, it's a white character. All is fine.

Let's not get into this "poor white people" routine.

Hank Azaria said how he feels, I assume he's just being honest. There's really nothing to outrage over here.

what a fuckin bitch.

just end the show already.

it's been a shit show for the past 10 seasons or more.

also, is he going to stop playing the role of an incompetent, grossly obese donut munching cop? or cletus the redneck? or fat comic book guy?

all because some no name :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: decided to get 15 minutes of fame by bitching about Apu.

Let's not get into this "poor white people" routine.

Hank Azaria said how he feels. There's really nothing to outrage over here.

He's caving to Liberal nonsense. That is something to be outraged over. He's now an accomplice to their dipshittery, that will only get worse thanks to pussies like him caving in. Fuck him.

Give him the boot

3933DF9500000578-3827898-image-a-18_1475880279713.jpg

its all idiotic, the simpsons is based on stereotypes..... Im Scottish and almost our entire nation love Groundskeeper Willie, if they remove him we will fucking riot lol

or write them a strongly worded tweet......... one of the 2

Man, I am a German and we probably get it worse in all of pop culture.
But not at one point was I ever offended.

Do you want to make jokes about a superior race? So be it.
Just kidding of course :) It's just a joke.

He's caving to Liberal nonsense. That is something to be outraged over. He's now an accomplice to their dipshittery, that will only get worse thanks to pussies like him caving in. Fuck him.

Is he caving to their liberal nonsense, or is he just being honest?

My guess is that he's just being honest. He has no motivation to pretend. I definitely have no reason to assume he's lying just to cave to the small amount of criticism the show has gotten.

I think people spend too much time caring about this stuff. You guys seem just as outraged that Hank Azaria said this as the few outraged people were that Apu was stereotypical.

Who cares?

Everybody knows Carl is the most offensive character on the Simpsons.

bc75b2eb245acea454e188eb21a342a2.gif

I'm not even going to get started on Dr. Hibbert being drawn with an Afro:

Uis1Ei8.jpg

tenor.gif

Is he caving to their liberal nonsense, or is he just being honest?

Caving. He's been doing the character for over twenty fucking years(among many others), just raking in the dough, and you're telling me he just now came to the realization that some Brown people were likely getting teased as kids, and being called Apu? Like he didn't hear of this when the show was at it's pinnacle? It's a show built on stereotypes, and he's now feeling really, really bad about it?

Yeah, okay.

Man, I am a German and we probably get it worse in all of pop culture.
But not at one point was I ever offended.

Do you want to make jokes about a superior race? So be it.
Just kidding of course :) It's just a joke.

Caving. He's been doing the character for over twenty fucking years(among many others), just raking in the dough, and you're telling me he just now came to the realization that some Brown people were likely getting teased as kids, and being called Apu? Like he didn't hear of this when the show was at it's pinnacle? It's a show built on stereotypes, and he's now feeling really, really bad about it.

Yeah, okay.

I don't have any reason not to trust Hank Azaria. Maybe he always knew that his character was being used to ridicule kids, maybe he didn't. My guess is that he always had some idea that it was happening. Maybe he got a bit older, and started caring more. That is not exactly hard to believe.

I absolutely remember the few Indian kids in my school being called Apu, and having their voices mocked (even if they were 100% American) using his accent. If it was my character, I wouldn't be too thrilled with that result either. That's not being PC, it's just not being an asshole. Most decent people don't want that to happen.

Back