The Simpsons™ Destroyed By PC Goons. #ApuToo

So you're saying it's just a coincidence with the explosion of the outrage culture and him suddenly getting an epiphany that matches their demands? haha dumb.

Everything we complain about is "being triggered" to you guys.

laws changing due to SJW bullshit - you guys are triggered snowflakes!
school and college brainwashing and propaganda - not a big deal!
youtube censorship, jail for jokes - who cares!
etc.

Outrage culture didn’t just explode. It’s been around for a long long time. It just used to be more powerful conservative SJW pushing their beliefs down everyone’s throats because they were better funded and connected politically than other groups and there wasn’t social media to give other groups a voice. Old outrage culture is why a female nipple on TV is considered outrageous.

This isn’t the first time Apu has been called out. Currently The Simpsons sucks and has for years, the actor has now been doing the same one stereotypical schtick for decades, and it’s all getting pretty old. The actor himself is complaining about being asked to do Apu in random auditions and the type casting is bothering him. Seems like a natural moment to move on.

Lots of folks acting like there’s some enormous threat to him if he keeps doing Apu when there’s not. Oh my god some tweets soooo much pressure why won’t they stop how could anyone bare folks sharing their opinion. Tweets are making this actor do anything, he’s just not that invested in this stupid cartoon gimmick.

It's not just that, there are so many rampant stereotypes in this show.

1) groundskeeper Willie
2) the Italian gangsters
3) chef Luigi
4) the Japanese sushi chefs when homer ate fugu fish

Comedies, especially satirical comedies should be extended a little latitude in terms of political correctness

But what will 200lb white girls with green hair on permanent disability named Flower do with their free time then?

1) groundskeeper Willie
2) the Italian gangsters
3) chef Luigi

Comedies, especially satirical comedies should be extended a little latitude in terms of political correctness
^This x 1000.

Surprised they didn't go after Carl.

3c5aad479c66faf74d9eb563540b3ed8.gif

tumblr_np2ii6qCpJ1us00rro1_400.gif

They should end the character by having him get bit by a cobra, that'll show 'me.
Stomped to death by a cow. They shoot the cow. Homer eats a steak and proclaims god is good. Wait for more backlash.

@nac386 And @Jack V Savage ,

What are your thoughts on apu, and on the issue of whether or not his character is politically incorrect

You've probably noticed that I never use the term "politically correct" because it is kind of a weird term to me. The term is defined differently depending on who you ask. I guess the accepted definition if something is "politically correct" it is something that is specifically designed not to offend.

Going by that, I guess you would call any satirical ethnic character politically incorrect because on some level the point is to mock and offend. That doesn't bother me at all. I've never been offended by characters, or thought certain characters should not exist, etc.

I think it is a shame though that some people do not have any representation other than satirical characters.

I know that you agree with me, LI, because you've said the same thing. You have talked about how, as a Korean man, you are bothered that Asians are constantly depicted as either nerdy or as Karate fighters. Does that make you a SJW? No, it is just an obvious observation.

Just how you feel about Asians, the same situation has gone on for Indians. They were all pretty much depicted as some version of Apu until Master of None came out like a few years ago. If an Indian guy was in a movie, he was a store clerk with a few goofy lines (same with Asians). Short Circuit had a white guy basically doing Brown face for an Indian character (doing an Apu voice). That is pretty much it. I'm sure there was another Indian dude here or there, but typically it was just to mock and make fun of them.

These aren't social justice warrior observations. These are the facts. Does Apu bother me? Not by himself, not at all. Do I think it's a shame that Apu was basically the face and voice of the Indian population for 25 years or so? Yeah I think that kinda sucks.

But the short answer is no, I've never thought about Apu for 1 minute of my life. But when Hank Azaria says what he said, and is called a "fucking pussy" for it, I think that's weird.

@nac386 And @Jack V Savage ,

What are your thoughts on apu, and on the issue of whether or not his character is politically incorrect

I'm a big fan of the show, and there are some good Apu-centered episodes. Some of the Apu stuff is a little cringey, too (almost like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's). I would be very disappointed if the character was killed or something, but if they made the accent a little more realistic, that would be fine.

1) groundskeeper Willie
2) the Italian gangsters
3) chef Luigi

Definitely. I mean the thing too, is that it shows maturity of a culture to allow itself to be poked fun at. And as you said it's satire.

But what will 200lb white girls with green hair on permanent disability named Flower do with their free time then?

Speaking of stereotypes, I have found this one to be more and more prevalent and accurate .

In seattle, and on my Facebook newsfeed , the loudest ones, the most outraged , and the most "woke" are often overweight , unattractive and have dyed hair.

I have one "friend" on FB, the only reason why I haven't unfriended her is because I find her outbursts and "coming out " posts hilarious .

She has come out three different times as three different genders .

I'm not kidding.

Bisexual
Non-binary
And now gender fluid

Some pretty gold shit here. For anybody (like myself) who saw some of this stuff over a decade ago and hasn't watched in a long time:

Maybe 2 decades ago actually.

Best part of the documentary was this guy saying he can't watch the Simpsons because Apu is so offensive.

The dipshit who made the documentary has been asking for an apology from Azaria for years and got no recognition until his documentary got picked up by the news. Assigning any kind of sincerity to Azaria's actions is laughable.

I think it is a shame though that some people do not have any representation other than satirical characters.

Last I heard Bollywood was booming. Makes me think there's tons of non-satirical representations of Indians and their culture.

I'm a big fan of the show, and there are some good Apu-centered episodes. Some of the Apu stuff is a little cringey, too (almost like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's). I would be very disappointed if the character was killed or something, but if they made the accent a little more realistic, that would be fine.

Don't get me started on that character. Lol

Last I heard Bollywood was booming. Makes me think there's tons of non-satirical representations of Indians and their culture.

Right, but we're talking about in America. Not in India. Indian kids may see Bollywood movies, but nobody else is watching that stuff.

Right, but we're talking about in America. Not in India. Indian kids may see Bollywood movies, but nobody else is watching that stuff.

Yeah. Those films are available on the web. Same as other movies. Pretty sure Hollywood has had great success reaching foreigners. I guess it all comes down to what and who people are interested in. Art doesn't need "representation" added for appeasement in my opinion. Anyone is free to create some of their own if they don't like what's out there and feel some hole in the market exists.

Back