The smoke has cleared, can we admit Mike Perry is a legit star?

When was it ever in doubt? Also, if anyone disagrees, you're racist.

#PlatinumNation

There's no question hes a rising star. Anik even mentioned his cult like following before one of his fights. After he destroys Cowboy, he's only going to get bigger.

Platinum Bless
sjw97sx.gif

Never even bothered seeing one of his fights. Always struck me as a prelim type of guy that sherbros liked ironically. Looking at his record, I have to think that is the case. The only reason he has any notoriety I would assume is because he trains at jacksons. If it weren't for sherdog I wouldnt even know the guys name honestly.

Does star = someone on the verge of being cut now ?

Weirdo

Negative.

Entertaining personality, average fighter.

Could he evolve into a decent UFC draw? Maybe, if he starts stringing together some wins against top competition.

Of course. Losing to Griffin and barely beating a guy who broke his arm in the first. Not only a rising star but unanimous GOAT in 2019 no less. Also, I will take the time to add that the mods are doing a great job with obvious troll threads these days. Nothing gets passed them.

Im a fan. He's going down the Cowboy road- always entertaining, but not necessarily going to be a champion. He seems ok going after the exciting fights though so I'm good w it

Rising star, he’s a quality character and always comes to put on a show, if you dislike Perry then you dislike fun and you are probably IRL squidward.

I actually thought Perry looked pretty good against Felder I’m glad he’s at a real legit gym now and has top quality coaching and training partners so he can really utilize his full potential, he’s got a lot of raw talent and he’s a young man still, bright future no doubt. I’m hype for this scrap vs Cowboy.

He has like 120k instagram followers, he's not a star

I used to be a big time Perry hater, but he is growing on me. Still not convinced he's a high-level fighter but hes cool.

He's far from a star. He just has a niche following.

How many top 15 wins does he have again?

Oh yeah zero.... His claim to fame is a win over a way past primer Ellenberger who has gone 2-8 in his last 10.

And having two first names...

How many top 15 wins does he have again?

Oh yeah zero.... His claim to fame is a win over a way past primer Ellenberger who has gone 2-8 in his last 10.

And having two first names...

Agree and this made me laugh out loud, whats fucked up is I like Ellenburger :(

Joke?

it's a legit question

even if only a relative sense. Just based on the way the UFC treats him, and markets him despite him still climbing the ladder makes this a no-brainer.
Some answerers to your question are focusing on one of the definitions of "star" as in a person who's a star, but neglecting the other. As long as Mike Perry is a star according to one of the definitions, then he is a star. Is Mike Perry a star in the sense that he is one of the best fighters? No. Is Mike Perry a star in the sense that he is one of the most highly-publicized fighters? Yes. Ergo, Mike Perry IS a star.

Back