The song 'Kashmir' is overrated.

breadfighter

Toiling in underground sugar caves
@purple
Reaction score
I remember one time my friend was talking about Led Zeppelin and he mentioned Kashmir, and he was surprised that I had never heard it. I don't know, but from public opinion it also seems to be a pretty highly regarded Zeppelin track by many people. Then when I heard it, I really didn't understand what the fuss was about.

The song is pretty boring in my opinion. The riff is not that great. There's no cool solo. No payoff. It just drones on and on. I can understand people thinking it sounds epic and a little ominous, but I think 'When the Levee Breaks' tops it in that category. What do you guys think of it? Is there something i'm missing about it that makes it such a regarded track by people? Some rich history behind the song? If so, please enlighten me.

Inb4LedZeppelinisoverrated

Puffy did it better

milk4.gif

The opening riff is the best part

That's like the only part.

The trick is to hear the shit when you're a kid. When you hear something from the past for the first time when you're an adult, it usually sucks.

I remember one time my friend was talking about Led Zeppelin and he mentioned Kashmir, and he was surprised that I had never heard it. I don't know, but from public opinion it also seems to be a pretty highly regarded Zeppelin track by many people. Then when I heard it, I really didn't understand what the fuss was about.

The song is pretty boring in my opinion. The riff is not that great. There's no cool solo. No payoff. It just drones on and on. I can understand people thinking it sounds epic and a little ominous, but I think 'When the Levee Breaks' tops it in that category. What do you guys think of it? Is there something i'm missing about it that makes it such a regarded track by people? Some rich history behind the song? If so, please enlighten me.

Inb4LedZeppelinisoverrated
My neighbor loves this song so much he smashed open my window with a rock so he could hear it better.

This thread is overrated.

Was cool at the end of the Matrix

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from

I used to have this song as my ring tone. I love this song and Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. That said, I wouldn't say this is my favorite song of theirs. They had so many great songs, it's hard to pick.

I used to have this song as my ring tone. I love this song and Led Zeppelin is my favorite band. That said, I wouldn't say this is my favorite song of theirs. They had so many great songs, it's hard to pick.

Led Zeppelin 4 is the greatest hard rock album ever made.

Zep4_back.jpg

I completely agree with TS. It is one of my least favorite Zeppelin songs, at least out of the famous ones. My least favorite is the Immigrant Song. They both just bore me.

Led Zeppelin 4 is the greatest hard rock album ever made.

Zep4_back.jpg
<{monica}>

I have the Led Zeppelin box set. I also have the Death Wish II soundtrack that Jimmy Page did.

Not only is it not overrated it's on Zepplins greatest album. Physical Graffiti

I completely agree with TS. It is one of my least favorite Zeppelin songs, at least out of the famous ones. My least favorite is the Immigrant Song. They both just bore me.

I feel the same way. Kashmir is so so, but the Immigrant Song is straight up annoying.

And when they feature it in a movie trailer...

<{hfved}>

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from

Depends. I mean Stairway to Heaven is a GOAT song. A good song is a good song. I just don't think Kashmir is that great in any era.

That's why I asked if there was maybe some history to Kashmir of some sort. Like something significant about the lyrics or when it was written. Usually that's a factor that adds to a songs value beyond how good it sounds.

Not only is it not overrated it's on Zepplins greatest album. Physical Graffiti

Compared to their other songs which I would consider underrated, I would say it's definitely overrated.

Last edited:
Back