The song 'Kashmir' is overrated.

I feel the same way. Kashmir is so so, but the Immigrant Song is straight up annoying.

And when they feature it in a movie trailer...

<{hfved}>

Zep is Notorious for not licensing their music out. They only started, fairly recently with School of Rock, I believe. I can only think of Thor Ragnorok that used Immigrant Song in a trailer. And it was awesome, cause the song is about Norse Mythology. You know where Thor God of Thunder is from??

Thor also used synth by Magic Sword it's just the tone they are going for.

Because Magic Sword kicks ass.

Zep is Notorious for not licensing their music out. They only started, fairly recently with School of Rock, I believe. I can only think of Thor Ragnorok that used Immigrant Song in a trailer. And it was awesome, cause the song is about Norse Mythology. You know where Thor God of Thunder is from??

Thor also used synth by Magic Sword it's just the tone they are going for.

Because Magic Sword kicks ass.

Immigrant Song was used in the trailer of one of the Shrek movies and in a commercial for the video game Destiny a few years ago.

I don't like something that is culturally liked, therefore it is overrated.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Song still being played and talked about 42 years later.

yup overrated

Opinions on sherdog are overrated

Dull song to play as a guitarist.
Good song in general though.
Also another example of Zep being much more than just a hard rock band.

Whenever I'm playing it on guitar, I want to fill in all the spaces between notes with more notes, my fingers naturally want to be busier. I have to concentrate on the feel of Kashmir to play it properly

Whenever I'm playing it on guitar, I want to fill in all the spaces between notes with more notes, my fingers naturally want to be busier. I have to concentrate on the feel of Kashmir to play it properly
I feel the same when I play the air guitar.

Some songs are just about as interesting to play on an actual guitar. IIRC, Kashmir is basically one hand position the whole song.
I tried learning guitar but never stuck with it beyond playing Smoke on the Water LOL.

Song still being played and talked about 42 years later.

yup overrated

Opinions on sherdog are overrated

If it weren't still talked about and played on the radio all the time it wouldn't be overrated, now would it? I don't think the fact that we're talking about it now at all contradicts the point that it is overrated.

It's a good song, not their best tho.

My favorite is over the hills and far away, love that damn song

It's a good song but it's not life changing

People overvalue older music because they remember it from when there wasn't such a massive amount of competing artists and music to choose from

There wasn't a massive amount of competing artists and music in the 70s???? You don't have a clue.

The trick is to hear the shit when you're a kid. When you hear something from the past for the first time when you're an adult, it usually sucks.
Reverse is true for me. I didn't really start to appreciate zeppelin until my late 20's/early 30's.

There wasn't a massive amount of competing artists and music in the 70s???? You don't have a clue.

Honestly as well hard rock/metal as a genre clearly devolved after the 70's playing to a much narrower audience who weren't interested in a diverse sound that Zep had.

The band said one of the most difficult things was not to fill in those spaces. Robert Plant said the best thing about the drum part is what Bonham didn't play.

The band said one of the most difficult things was not to fill in those spaces. Robert Plant said the best thing about the drum part is what Bonham didn't play.
That band was soooooo fucking versatile. You couldn't tell people what Zep played prior to seeing them and the band wouldn't shock them with something.
I especially loved all the interpolations on the longer songs. "If You Go Down to San Francisco" during "Whole Lotta Love" for example, just fun

LOL, no.

That song is fucking genius.

Back