Opinion "...the Speech Police don’t seem to realize that their type thrive only in totalitarian societies."

Carl Sonnen

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
LOL @ butthurt mods adding an "opinion" tag. You liberal mods are complete losers.
Resisting the Campus Speech Nazis

"Colorado State may not be high on your list of trendsetting institutions, but anyone who follows political-correctness battles is well aware of it. To use just one example, the “Director of Diversity and Inclusion at Associated Students of Colorado State University” (yes, that’s a thing) recently said that students shouldn’t use the phrase “Long time, no see,” because it’s offensive to Asians.

I’m not exactly sure why it’s offensive to Asians, but if I had to take a wild guess, it’s because someone in the 'diversity and inclusion' business has become so immersed in systems of policing the language—they think about it so many hours of the day—that they’ve ingested every example of pidgin English spoken by every actor of every nationality in every movie and TV show of the past century until they consider themselves experts on phrasing that sounds ethnic. A light bulb goes on in their collective judgmental heads and they say, “That sounds like something Charlie Chan would say.' And if your response to that is “So what? Charlie Chan was a brilliant Honolulu police detective who solved all his cases,' the response would be something like 'Cultural appropriation! Cultural appropriation!'"

"I could go on and on—I keep files on this stuff—but the common thread is that the Speech Police don’t seem to realize that their type thrive only in totalitarian societies. They claim their goal is “inclusion,” but all you have to do is ask them to include the wrong group—high school kids who raise their arms in a certain way, white European ethnic-pride groups—and inclusion turns into its opposite. “Expulsion” for being outspoken doesn’t sound much like inclusion."

Last edited:
In response to your thread title, that's what they want. They want a totalitarian society run by them.

In response to your thread title, that's what they want. They want a totalitarian society run by them.
who wants this totalitarian society? name these people. all of them.

The Wu Tang clan shall prevail in the end.

oLzCWvg.gif

put these professors in a room with me and i will put them in the ground verbally.

Yup. So many lefties in the WR fit that mold too.

If the Lefties had their choice, there would be only one opinion, just a range of pre-approved ways of expressing that opinion.

UnlawfulBoringAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

I'm running for the POTWR btw.
It's time for this madness to STOP!

The appropriate response to threats on free speech is to accept facism with open arms.

If the Lefties had their choice, there would be only one opinion, just a range of pre-approved ways of expressing that opinion.

UnlawfulBoringAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

I'm running for the POTWR btw.
It's time for this madness to STOP!

I'd vote but you know who designed rules to specifically block as many conservative posters from voting as possible.

I'd vote but you know who designed rules to specifically block as many conservative posters from voting as possible.

Wow that makes no sense. You've got over 1000 more posts and likes than I do. You should be allowed the franchise!

Exactly. These people that think hate speech isn't free speech or that certain speech isn't OK doesn't realize that that is authoritarianism. The next question is, who is the authority? Do you want the government in charge of what you can and cannot say or is it simply best just to have free speech and let society sort it out?

If you censor speech, it doesn't make it go away. It sends it underground where it festers. If you let people have free speech that you don't agree with, you then can use YOUR free speech to shut them down and offer better ideas.

I think more bubble wrap is the way to go.

Fragility is the new ebola.

Back